Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah me too. My comment was just a laugh at Brucey’s famous quote. What a sausage he was, by the way. 

As was mine 👍 😆

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Current events might put a bit of a spanner in their immediate plans I feel.

I doubt it, they won’t fall foul of financial regs like City, our major sponsorship deals are yet to come and those deals will have been approved by the PL FMV body they’ve set up.

57 minutes ago, Random Precision said:

I doubt it, they won’t fall foul of financial regs like City, our major sponsorship deals are yet to come and those deals will have been approved by the PL FMV body they’ve set up.

Sadly, you're right. The league shot themselves in the foot by signing off on Newcastle's deals as they go along. How on earth they thought the new sleeve sponsorship deal represented fair market value is beyond me, not to mention the fact that it is half funded by an associated party.

No sane, legitimate, independent business is paying 7m to be on a clubs sleeve that isn't in the champions league.

These deals (and whatever deals were made to allow Saudi Arabia to own Newcastle) are what will eventually be scrutinised if an independent regulator comes in.  Chances are, that independent regulator will be corrupt anyway.

Edited by MrBlack

30 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Sadly, you're right. The league shot themselves in the foot by signing off on Newcastle's deals as they go along. How on earth they thought the new sleeve sponsorship deal represented fair market value is beyond me, not to mention the fact that it is half funded by an associated party.

No sane, legitimate, independent business is paying 7m to be on a clubs sleeve that isn't in the champions league.

These deals (and whatever deals were made to allow Saudi Arabia to own Newcastle) are what will eventually be scrutinised if an independent regulator comes in.  Chances are, that independent regulator will be corrupt anyway.

Any independent regulator will be government appointed, therefore not really independent. Re sponsorship, I understand that £10 million a season is standard for sleeve sponsorship of CL teams so £7.5 million a year isn’t too shabby for Newcastle.  Everything is up for sponsorship at Newcastle, Shirt, Ground, training ground, training kit etc etc so the potential is huge.

3 minutes ago, Random Precision said:

Any independent regulator will be government appointed, therefore not really independent. Re sponsorship, I understand that £10 million a season is standard for sleeve sponsorship of CL teams so £7.5 million a year isn’t too shabby for Newcastle.  Everything is up for sponsorship at Newcastle, Shirt, Ground, training ground, training kit etc etc so the potential is huge.

I'm not saying it's isn't a shabby rate. It's exceptional, in both senses of the word. Do you not see that 7.5m is falsely inflated? And only paid because the company that is paying it effectively owns Newcastle?

What on earth have Newcastle achieved to warrant having the 7th highest sleeve sponsorship deal in the league and more than 5m more than anyone outside the sky 6? 

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'm not saying it's isn't a shabby rate. It's exceptional, in both senses of the word. Do you not see that 7.5m is falsely inflated? And only paid because the company that is paying it effectively owns Newcastle?

What on earth have Newcastle achieved to warrant having the 7th highest sleeve sponsorship deal in the league and more than 5m more than anyone outside the sky 6? 

It’s the same rubbish Man City are up to. We all know it. Nothing changes. 

26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If anything it might make it easier for them, one fewer team to leapfrog perhaps. 

And a case study of things not to do.

Or a case study on the potential cost of cheating versus it's benefits.

21 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I guess it’s what someone is willing to pay and related party sponsorship is allowed.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Chindie said:

And a case study of things not to do.

Or a case study on the potential cost of cheating versus it's benefits.

A case study in the importance of rock solid IT security and strong encryption when sending emails about doing crimes and breaking rules. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Just draw a line under this and let's get on with it guys. 

Why so passive? You want City let off with their misgivings also. I assumed you were joking, but you seem serious?

I admire the ability to forgive but in these instances I can't see past them making the game an unfair unsporting contest. 

6 hours ago, Random Precision said:

I guess it’s what someone is willing to pay and related party sponsorship is allowed.

Well, yes, but for example, Etihad were willing to pay £8m a season to sponsor Man City's shirts, and they did - but Man City's owners also chipped in with £57m a season to make things a bit more fun for them - there's a difference between what the market will support, even for related parties, and sneaking a bundle of money through a third party, that's an altogether murkier thing.

I'm hoping you'll at least find ways to do this that I can't figure out, never mind the regulator, Abu Dhabi seemed to simply not give a s**t.

Â