Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

On 31/01/2023 at 21:48, StefanAVFC said:

Massive bellend. Fouls so much that he doesn’t get yellows and moans about it when he’s given one. 

TBF you'd have him at Villa in a heartbeat.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I would but does he start ahead of Kamara? Not for me.

I'd play them both. I don't know why we didn't go in harder (or at all?) for Kamara - he's exactly what we need, great player.

5 minutes ago, OzyBoy said:

I'd play them both. I don't know why we didn't go in harder (or at all?) for Kamara - he's exactly what we need, great player.

Luiz is also very good. A midfield 3 of them? Too similar I'd say.

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Im sorry… am I contractually obliged to gawp at Man City and like them steamrolling the league, blowing everyone out of the water with their vast fortunes which somehow comply with ffp?

You can think whatever you like, you just bring up man city and/or Jack Grealish at every opportunity. You're utterly obsessed with them.

It's not a criticism. Just an observation. 

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Im sorry… am I contractually obliged to gawp at Man City and like them steamrolling the league, blowing everyone out of the water with their vast fortunes which somehow comply with ffp?

But that's exactly what Newcastle are about to do

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He'd be very clearly and obviously in a first 11 at Villa, one of the best in the league.

Kamara as a 6, Bruno as an 8 (although Bruno as a 6 would start ahead of Kamara anyway).

Guimaraes seems to be more attacking (not in an actual attacking midfielder way) than Kamara.  In this hypothetical situation, you'd have Kamara holding and Guimaraes ahead of him - and they'd be some pairing, too.  Nice amount of aggression and ability in those two.

• Like 2

Because we have the clown Southgate in charge picking his mates rather than the best players our thoughts on it are skewed but Guimares went to the world cup ahead of Luiz and it was completely fair and warranted, Luiz has been out of their set up for a while now, take your pick as to whether or not he stalled under Gerrard or actually went backwards

It would be Bruno + Kamara and would be a great pairing

If you then want to look at what Newcastle are doing with longstaff and willock in there too... Bruno walks in to our team, Luiz and kamara walk in to theirs

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Guimaraes seems to be more attacking (not in an actual attacking midfielder way) than Kamara.  In this hypothetical situation, you'd have Kamara holding and Guimaraes ahead of him - and they'd be some pairing, too.  Nice amount of aggression and ability in those two.

Exactly this - Bruno playing as a 6 is great, but he'd be even better as an 8 with Karama behind him. Missed opportunity for us.

Â