Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Could see them tailing off now and finishing in the Europa League places a la Rodgers' Leicester before they became relegation fodder. Thank ****.

Small comfort when they'll be the most powerful team in world football off the back of Saudi money in about 5 years time

Edited by icouldtelltheworld
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Could see them tailing off now and finishing in the Europa League places a la Rodgers' Leicester before they became relegation fodder. Thank ****.

Small comfort when they'll be the most powerful team in world football off the back of Saudi money in about 5 years time

They have a 6 point cushion over Spurs and a 10 point cushion over Liverpool and Chelsea plus have superior goal differences

It would be enjoyable to see 3 of them miss out on Champions League

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They have a 6 point cushion over Spurs and a 10 point cushion over Liverpool and Chelsea plus have superior goal differences

It would be enjoyable to see 3 of them miss out on Champions League

It's like choosing between cancer and AIDS.

There's still half a season left to play, on the strength of their squads, Newcastle should fall out of the top 4. Depends if the few players in their team who were having the absolute form of their careers tail off, of if they can maintain it a bit longer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

It's like choosing between cancer and AIDS.

There's still half a season left to play, on the strength of their squads, Newcastle should fall out of the top 4. Depends if the few players in their team who were having the absolute form of their careers tail off, of if they can maintain it a bit longer.

maybe but the 3 teams are of the scum 6 who tried to kill football so in sporting terms any loss of income for them is great for the game

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Newcastle will be the ones to put the final nail in the coffin IMO

I don’t think so.

I honestly think that the Newcastle problem might actually finally force a fix.

Despite the continuing title of this thread, Newcastle's vast improvement since the middle of last season and storming up the table to third has been no laughing matter. 😐

However, things have suddenly changed a bit with three nil-nils in their last four league games, I didn't see that coming. But I certainly welcome it! To think that in those four matches they scored just one goal compared with our six goals in our last four PL games!

33 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Sign a striker for £25m last January, lives on the bench, loaned out a year later. Classic case of a club with too much money spunking it.

The purpose of the signing was very clearly to screw over Burnley and you would have to say it worked very well when measured in those terms and nothing more. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Sign a striker for £25m last January, lives on the bench, loaned out a year later. Classic case of a club with too much money spunking it.

Really? I know they’ve got money but I wouldn’t say they’ve spent THAT much yet. Also, signing Wood meant Burnley went down and they didn’t. It was a shrewd bit of business.

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

Yes you could argue they copied our transfer policy 

• Haha 1

Curious to see how their fans react if they go a few more games without a win and the teams behind starting catching up. A lot of their form is potentially based around the feel good atmosphere at the club and that might slip a bit if the pressure increases.

Ridiculous defensive stats to be fair. They may start losing some momentum but they are hard to beat. Not sure any of Chelsea, spurs or Liverpool have it in them to overhaul them. They have picked a good season to play as well as they are with the usual characters being poor. 

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Really? I know they’ve got money but I wouldn’t say they’ve spent THAT much yet. Also, signing Wood meant Burnley went down and they didn’t. It was a shrewd bit of business.

They've spent £210m on eight signings since Howe came in.

Â