Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Said in our transfer thread maybe the Gordon link is a distraction as they push the deal through for ziyech

Linked with Gordon for a laughable amount of money then land ziyech for an annoyingly sensible amount

Agents and the clubs playing games in silly season

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I pray this is a major wake up call for him. Completely unacceptable stuff. Suitable punishment, though it could have been more severe. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Brighton, Fulham and Brentford are above Liverpool and Chelsea at the moment but you can just see that’ll reverse over the next few months despite how poor they are currently playing.  

This is what I feel will happen to Newcastle, they aren’t getting top 6 this year.

It’s interesting that court papers showed he is being paid £43k a week.

Anyone else think that was surprisingly low considering the type of money others are earning, and he was a club record transfer at £40m?

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yep.

To add to this...

Ourselves, Brighton, Newcastle, Fulham and probably more have all recently made signings that would start for top 6 sides.

It can be done next season even if we bring in the right players.

Newcastle are a top 6 side. It would take a catastrophic drop in form from them to finish outside it now. Botman, Schar and Pope have been utterly outstanding. 

I do take your point though, the players that got them there were signed when they were far outside the position they are now in. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s interesting that court papers showed he is being paid £43k a week.

Anyone else think that was surprisingly low considering the type of money others are earning, and he was a club record transfer at £40m?

That’s probably his base rate, he probably gets a fair amount in appearance bonuses 

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Newcastle are a top 6 side. It would take a catastrophic drop in form from them to finish outside it now. Botman, Schar and Pope have been utterly outstanding. 

I do take your point though, the players that got them there were signed when they were far outside the position they are now in. 

Nah not yet they aren’t, they have only won two more games then us this season and we had an awful start! They will drop out the top 6.

The players they have bar Guimares are not that great, Dan Burn for christs sake, he was abysmal and a back up at Brighton.

hopefully though we do sign another striker/winger

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Nah not yet they aren’t, they have only won two more games then us this season and we had an awful start! They will drop out the top 6.

The players they have bar Guimares are not that great, Dan Burn for christs sake, he was abysmal and a back up at Brighton.

hopefully though we do sign another striker/winger

You clearly haven't been watching them this season. 

They. do. not. concede. And they have the third highest team xG overall for the 20 games so far which suggests they have been very good offensively as well. 

They are not going anywhere, as much as it pains me to say. 

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Not for me. 7th or 8th.

Man Utd probably will finish above them, Spurs might, Liverpool and Chelsea are 10 points behind them and I don't think anyone else are going to overtake them

Although I never think they are actually playing that well they don't concede and that's so important. I really can't see them lower than 5th but in reality I think they

will be top 4

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That’s probably his base rate, he probably gets a fair amount in appearance bonuses 

Yeah, I’m sure there’s plenty on top but I would still have expected him to be on £60-80k as a basic.

I guess having a low basic and loads of add-ons has another advantage… if you get caught drunk driving!

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Yeah, I’m sure there’s plenty on top but I would still have expected him to be on £60-80k as a basic.

I guess having a low basic and loads of add-ons has another advantage… if you get caught drunk driving!

I think footballer salaries are all purposely deceptive, for such things and tax avoidance 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Man Utd probably will finish above them, Spurs might, Liverpool and Chelsea are 10 points behind them and I don't think anyone else are going to overtake them

Although I never think they are actually playing that well they don't concede and that's so important. I really can't see them lower than 5th but in reality I think they

will be top 4

They aren't conceding but aren't scoring many either. A few draws and the odd 1-0 defeat and they'll be caught.

• Like 1

Â