Christian Benteke

Kwan

I hope theres not going to be too much presure on him when hes come back even though im am exicited about him playing again!

Of course there will be, if he isn't scoring immediately then people will be saying 'Lambert should have sold him' or 'should have signed a striker' or something along those lines. That is football.

• Like 1

I hope theres not going to be too much presure on him when hes come back even though im am exicited about him playing again!

Of course there will be, if he isn't scoring immediately then people will be saying 'Lambert should have sold him' or 'should have signed a striker' or something along those lines. That is football.

It will be the rushed back too quickly as well as him stealing some kids sweets.

Quotes from Lambert

He added: "Christian and Libor are doing well. Christian is ahead of Libor in his rehab and after the international break will be working with us.
"If he can start training with us it'll be a major thing, then we'll see how he is game-wise. Christian will be his own guide, he'll let us know when he's ready."

At bottom of this article

I know there's only so much the medical team can do in terms of a players recovery, but I hope they really do have a say when Benteke can return.  Benteke's eagerness to get back playing could actually do more damage then good. We really need to not rush him back, I fear he may push himself too hard to return before he's ready. 

I can see him being back early November. He's not started fully training yet and will need to be match fit. He won't be rushed which makes me worried about our attack for the next few games.

I think he might well be back in full train in after the international break. I do still think though he should be given time and not rushed back for games till he's fully up to fitness let alone making sure his Achilles is 100%. I'm not sure that will happen though and we might see him rushed back a little where he'll be a bit off pace for a while like last season and wouldn't be surprised if we see him in September at some point.

This all over.  There's a huge expectancy on Benteke coming back and scoring goals immediately.  Huge.

I had a dream last night. Villa were playing at home and before the game the ground was just blasting seven nation army - white stripes over the speakers. Benteke was starting and he scored the winning goal. Everyone went mad. 

I enjoy my dreams. 

• Like 2

Â