Christian Benteke

Kwan

Do we no if he is out with Belgium at mo?

Granted he will not be playing but wouldn't surprise me if he gets called for the get together.

I'd like to think he's focusing more on his rehabilitation than a random get together.

They like a little get together those Belgians. 7 of them in a bed all rubbing each others ears

I don't care if we have to wait until December, we cannot rush him back.  Last year, although he scored 10 goals, he could have scored more if we'd have just looked after him better.

He'd have comfortably got to 15 regardless if he hadn't snapped his Achilles. He was bang in form at the time. 

I don't care if we have to wait until December, we cannot rush him back.  Last year, although he scored 10 goals, he could have scored more if we'd have just looked after him better.

He'd have comfortably got to 15 regardless if he hadn't snapped his Achilles. He was bang in form at the time. 

He's been bang in form when fit since December 2012. :( We just need him fit for an entire season now.

Edited by Mantis

He'll be back in October would be my bet. Even if he does leave he wont be going anywhere for less that the sort of money Chelsea paid for Costa.

Not that i want him to leave in the slightest, but if we get £35m for him and reinvest it we'll be fine.

Ya know, with Benteke back I think we could be a decent side.

I think we could do it this year, seriously this could be the year we finally challenge ............................................................................................................................................for 8th place

Edited by bannedfromHandV

I think we could do it this year, seriously this could be the year we finally challenge ............................................................................................................................................for 8th place

We're better than Stoke,Crystal Palace, Sunderland, WBA, Leicester, Burnley, West Ham for sure IMO.

It's whether we're better than Newcastle, QPR, Hull and Southampton that will define whether we have a really good season (e.g. 8th/9th). Or improve slightly and finish 13th.

Would anyone disagree?

Edited by avfcwills10
  • Like 1

We're better than Stoke,Crystal Palace, Sunderland, WBA, Leicester, Burnley, West Ham for sure IMO.

It's whether we're better than Newcastle, QPR, Hull and Southampton that will define whether we have a really good season (e.g. 8th/9th). Or improve slightly and finish 13th.

Would anyone disagree?

Yes - why are you putting QPR alongside the likes of Newcastle, Southampton and Hull? ;)

Edited by Mantis

Would anyone disagree?

Yes - why are you putting QPR alongside the likes of Newcastle, Southampton and Hull? ;)

Was gonna say. QPR? They appear to have done exactly the same as they did last time they were in the league.

• Like 1

Would anyone disagree?

Was gonna say. QPR? They appear to have done exactly the same as they did last time they were in the league.

Hmm, well I was thinking and Sandro, Fer and Mutch is a pretty good midfield 3. Very compact and reliable imo.

They also have Caulker and Isla who are very good players. I don't know I just see them being fine this season, especially as they will 100% get Defoe in January and he will score goals. Who knows!

Edited by avfcwills10

Would anyone disagree?

Stoke are alright and always a challenge at their home ground. But yeah i'd agree. 

I don't care if we have to wait until December, we cannot rush him back. Last year, although he scored 10 goals, he could have scored more if we'd have just looked after him better.

Apart from missing that sitter/miss kick that would've made it 2-2 at Old Trafford.

Still I reckon he is the best striker ability wise I've ever seen at Villa and that includes Dwight Yorke.

• Like 3

hope big fella is back soon..... however, whenever I look at zoggy playing this season and the lack of pace he is showing following his comeback from the same injury, I temper that enthusiasm with the harsh reality that what we are going to see for the first few games is a big frustrated guy trying his damnedest to do things that came naturally to him six months ago and finding himself unable to do so... the frustration of nzogbia is clear, although hopefully we'll see a steady return of pace and match fitness with each game played....

when he's back playing for us is still an early stage in rebuilding the player that destroyed defences not long ago.....

(same goes for Okore as well, unfortunately)

UTV

• Like 2

Â