Christian Benteke

Kwan

12m for a player coming off an achilles rupture and not due back until at least October? Newcastle fans are nuts. If true, then Newcastle nuts.

I don't think they'd regret that purchase

They definitely wouldn't. But such is the arrogance of Newcastle fans that they think it's even remotely realistic. Despite being fit for a grand total of 2 months last season he still scored what, 10 goals? Combine that with his obvious ambition, he'll never play for Newcastle. It's an absurd notion, notice it didn't stop some Villa fans getting in a tizzy about it.

I'm getting the feeling he'll be back before October. He's in light training right? At least, he's doing exercise that require him to put weight on his ankle and turn it... Absurd recovery rate.

12m for a player coming off an achilles rupture and not due back until at least October? Newcastle fans are nuts. If true, then Newcastle nuts.

I don't think they'd regret that purchase
They definitely wouldn't. But such is the arrogance of Newcastle fans that they think it's even remotely realistic. Despite being fit for a grand total of 2 months last season he still scored what, 10 goals? Combine that with his obvious ambition, he'll never play for Newcastle. It's an absurd notion, notice it didn't stop some Villa fans getting in a tizzy about it.

I'm getting the feeling he'll be back before October. He's in light training right? At least, he's doing exercise that require him to put weight on his ankle and turn it... Absurd recovery rate.

If I were Benteke (and I think he'll have a similar mindset), I'd be pushing to get fitter than ever for next season to go harder than ever. People are still unsure about him outside of the Villaverse and I think if he smashes it next season he'll get a very big move.

if he felt Spurs and the lure of London lights wasn't for him he's hardly going to go to Newcastle

He will leave villa for a champions league side as and when he goes

Edited by tonyh29

Benteke has also gone to the States with the first team - no chance of him playing but think it's a good move to keep him in with first team affairs. (same goes for Kozak, who's also gone!)

Also saw a picture of Senderos with the team at the airport - he's back quicker from post WC holiday than expected

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 3

Benteke has also gone to the States with the first team - no chance of him playing but think it's a good move to keep him in with first team affairs. (same goes for Kozak, who's also gone!)

Also saw a picture of Senderos with the team at the airport - he's back quicker from post WC holiday than expected

I think it's a good move bringing Benteke and kozak to the states with us. Obviously neither would be playing, but will keep them involved in the squad instead of training alone back here.

• Like 3

Didn't nobody tell you, injured players don't attend games ;)

• Like 2

With the recent extra money in football now and the fact that Fulham just paid 11m for a Championship player, Borini 14m, how much is Benteke worth? Gotta be touching the 30m mark.

If fatty Mccormack is worth 8 then I would value Benteke somewhere around the 35 mark.

£35 billion.

• Like 1

Â