Christian Benteke

Kwan

Like his last tweet. Just say 'soon' with a pic of him in action. Welcome back Christian!

YIqwztb.jpg?1

This is the instagram pic:

10624468_268116230052900_2071706703_n.jp

#WhatAControlTho :lol:

Wasn't this when he kicked John Terry in the chest?

#WhatALegendTho

Nah, that was in the return game at VP I think. That picture is from the 8-0 drubbing that I'd half erased from my memory.

Shit, I forgot about that game. Jesus, we have recovered from some shitty stuff these past two years. UTV

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 2

Why did someone bring up the 8-0 in the Benteke thread. I remember the horror, woke up hungover to bits, saw we were 3-0 down already and still sat to watch and have my soul destroyed by what followed. :( 

Anyway Benteke will be back for the Chelsea game this season and we'll own them again.  B)

8-0 never happened, just a made up scoreline....................we wish lol.

Really looking forward to the return of Benteke, we have missed him. As far as pace goes I never really though of N'Zogbia as quick so it's difficult to judge I just hope that both the club and the player don't rush back too soon as this is a major injury that will always be a weakness, Benteke's achilles heal indeed.

I hope when he returns we don't revert to type and start lumping the ball up to him

You'd like to think with the midfielders we've got now, it wouldn't happen. We'll have to see, it's easier said than done if we're on the back foot.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

Just to add a bit of balance to this I think the point is to have different weapons in your attack rather than just ignoring one altogether.

For instance it would seem to me stupid to say to our players "never play the ball long to Benteke" when one his greatest strengths as a player is to take a long ball on his chest with excellent control and then bring others in to play. We are then ahead of the game and can use Gabbys pace and Andi's movement to really hurt teams. We did this a lot at the end of 12/13 and to a certain extent at the beginning of last season before his injury.

What we don't want to do though which we then did for virtually the entirety of last season is rely on that as our only route to goal. Reason being obvious that opposing teams stick a player directly in front of Benteke and behind him and drown him out altogether.

Now we have the midfielders and defenders to play a more controlled passing game it will leave teams with the option of pressing our midfield which will give Benteke and others the space to do what they do best. Or they can double up on Tekkers which will give more space for the midfield to build the play and hopefully create chances.

• Like 1

The injury thing has always interested me in as much as its one of the things that supporters know little about and subsequently don't allow much slack for players coming back after a long one.

This is where the manager of any club can help the supporters lower their expectations of a player coming back after a long and arduous lay off and ease them back slowly

its called communication and its what is lacking at times

The fans are not unreasonable, just ill informed.

Â