Christian Benteke

Kwan

The injury thing has always interested me in as much as its one of the things that supporters know little about and subsequently don't allow much slack for players coming back after a long one.

This is where the manager of any club can help the supporters lower their expectations of a player coming back after a long and arduous lay off and ease them back slowly

its called communication and its what is lacking at times

The fans are not unreasonable, just ill informed.

I don't understand where you're coming from. Most fans seem to be suggesting that he'll need plenty of time and they're happy to accept that.

The injury thing has always interested me in as much as its one of the things that supporters know little about and subsequently don't allow much slack for players coming back after a long one.

This is where the manager of any club can help the supporters lower their expectations of a player coming back after a long and arduous lay off and ease them back slowly

its called communication and its what is lacking at times

The fans are not unreasonable, just ill informed.

I don't understand where you're coming from. Most fans seem to be suggesting that he'll need plenty of time and they're happy to accept that.

we were saving him so no other teams bid for him during the window ;)

though on a positive note we dont have to rush him back like last time, we arent as desperate as last season so can give him some reserve or sub appearances to get back to speed

2 journos have tweeted that there is some good news for Villa fans coming up later, it's either about Benteke, a takeover, contract extentions being signed or Jack Woodward has lost his voice.... Oh, or Joe Cole has been fitted with bionic legs so he can no longer get injured,

• Like 2

Surely our recent experience of TBAR would have told us that their information is, at best, questionable.

Tekkers will be back within a few weeks I think. I'd rather have him back fully fit for QPR on 27th October than rush him back for this horrible run of games, which we'll probably lose anyway..

Although I'd be tempted to have Benteke on the bench for a few games though., even if we don't actually intend to use him.. just to shit up the opposition a bit, use it almost as a distraction for them. If we happen to be 3-0 up with 5 minutes to play, maybe give him a gentle job out, lift the fan's spirits.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Â