Christian Benteke

Kwan

If we lost him to the likes of Newcastle, that'd be me out.

So what - Newcastle, Spurs, Arsenal - he has to go somewhere, will not matter to me where he goes as long as we get good money for him.

We were always going to be a stepping stone for him, has to happen sometime.

Players, managers, owners come and go, the Club remains, as do we.

So what - Newcastle, Spurs, Arsenal - he has to go somewhere, will not matter to me where he goes as long as we get good money for him.

Not a stepping stone to Newcastle though! It's a bit different... If they were up there fine.

Thankfully that's absolutely no chance of that happening.

Not a stepping stone to Newcastle though! It's a bit different... If they were up there fine.

It probably is a stepping stone to go to Newcastle at the moment.  They finished ahead of Chelsea 3 seasons ago.

It probably is a stepping stone to go to Newcastle at the moment.  They finished ahead of Chelsea 3 seasons ago.

Ermm.....what?

Ermm.....what?

They're not interlinked.  If you want to be that literal then Newcastle finished 10th last season.

Obviously it's not as big a jump as going to Arsenal or Spuds (previously mentioned) but they're a better side than us.

urgh - twitter is becoming even more awful to read..... newcastle fans crowing already about signing Benteke for £12m.....

they're up there with spudzzz fans for title of most deluded fanbase.

You should try living with them! It's well documented on these pages, my loathing for the skunks. Funnily enough my mate just text me, asking if this one has any legs. I stopped just short of telling him to **** off, and he's usually one of the half dozen Newcastle fans, that I can have a decent conversation about football with. 

• Like 1

Benteke's not going anywhere this summer. Doubt he'll go anywhere in January either, he'll have just come back and I would imagine he'll be a bit rusty and out of form. Hopefully the Beast will reawaken as soon as the transfer window slams shut.

When has lambert even spent £10m on a player? I really doubt he'll spend a ton on an out and out striker.

Wasn't Benteke 8m? Near enough 10m!

I think 7m. Which is a 3m difference. At most clubs that's small, but at villa, that equates to two players.

Â