Christian Benteke

Kwan

What a nothing article, it's him basically sounding out he's not far from coming back to get clubs sniffing again.

What speculation has their been over the summer? Virtually nothing due to his injury & now he's on the training ground again, albeit early doors he's sounding out.

Pointless article

Que?

In response to the article posted her/on sky sports

What a nothing article, it's him basically sounding out he's not far from coming back to get clubs sniffing again.

What speculation has their been over the summer? Virtually nothing due to his injury & now he's on the training ground again, albeit early doors he's sounding out.

Pointless article

Que?

Yeah I got that mate, I just couldn't understand your overwhelming negativity towards it. 

• Like 1

Pointless article

Que?

Yeah I got that mate, I just couldn't understand your overwhelming negativity towards it.

Because there's been no mention of him in mainstream media all summer. He steps up his rehab & all of a sudden there's been "speculation"....from where?

It's not a negative post. It's being able to see the PR spin

• Like 1

Pointless article

Que?

Because there's been no mention of him in mainstream media all summer. He steps up his rehab & all of a sudden there's been "speculation"....from where?

But its an interview done with the club. He hasn't been interviewed by another media outlet so if he is trying to remind the world that he exists doing an interview with the club website isn't exactly going to be widespread enough to do that.

Pointless article

Que?

But its an interview done with the club. He hasn't been interviewed by another media outlet so if he is trying to remind the world that he exists doing an interview with the club website isn't exactly going to be widespread enough to do that.

I read it on sky sports. Pretty wide enough

these guys cant win, if he says nothing , he will be compared to zog, if he opens his mouth , it a pr stunt,

the guy is a avfc player and our best one at that, get behind him or f off down too saint Andrews and slagg the lack of talent they got down there 

• Like 1

Pointless article

I love this mentality. You reckon benteke picked up the phone to sky and told them he wanted an interview?

The club would've arranged it.

And what does a young player currently out with his first serious injury get asked about about during an interview?

But oh no. This was a cleverly built promotional activity to get him a transfer. Of course it was...

• Like 1

doing an interview with the club website isn't exactly going to be widespread enough to do that.

Are you suggesting the AVFC web site isn't followed avidly and in close detail by footballing communities the world over?

A shocking thought!

Edited by briny_ear

doing an interview with the club website isn't exactly going to be widespread enough to do that.

Are you suggesting the AVFC web site isn't followed avidly and in close detail by footballing communities the world over?

A shocking thought!

I know! Actually blew my mind when I realised it as well!  ;)

Pointless article

Que?

Is it possible that, in a World Cup year, with no club football being played that a player with a long term injury might not be the focal point of media attention?

these guys cant win, if he says nothing , he will be compared to zog, if he opens his mouth , it a pr stunt,

the guy is a avfc player and our best one at that, get behind him or f off down too saint Andrews and slagg the lack of talent they got down there 

Pretty much anything positive the club says or does is a PR stunt according to some fans, apparently. Also, if we're linked to a player we'd like it must just be a PR stunt because of course there's never ever been an instance of a manager wanting a player but not being able to get it done for whatever reason... :rolleyes:

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be really happy if we see him by October or November. Any time before that, and I'll have that niggling worry that he's going to snap anytime he goes for the ball.

Â