Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think he has a whole lot more to his game than the just being the 'big target man' though, that is just how Paul Lambert has decided to use him. He is mobile, quick, good on the deck, and has a lot more football intelligence than Carroll (fingers crossed those things are still there when he comes back from injury). Rodgers has already shown that he is looking at a 'plan b' by purchasing Rickie Lambert, who I would not have had down as a player who fits in Rodgers style of play. With Suarez going he may have to look at a new 'plan a' now, as they are not going to be able to replace Suarez like-for-like with the same level of quality.

^ I think at times he shows he has world class control on the ball, even to feet. Some poor touches every now and then is the norm anyway really.

I think sometimes he thinks too far ahead with what he's going to do with the ball so controlling it is already a foregone conclusion, and then sometimes he ends up mis controlling the ball. 

But his taking the ball out of mid-air trapping is brilliant, on the chest or even the head. 

I don't think anyone would be back in for Benteke until he's at least played a few games and shown he's over his injury.

Definitely. If he comes back a fitter or better player, then you can probably kiss him goodbye around January window time..

I don't think anyone would be back in for Benteke until he's at least played a few games and shown he's over his injury.

Definitely. If he comes back a fitter or better player, then you can probably kiss him goodbye around January window time..

People say this every single year - it never happens.

He'll likely leave next summer, although we've been saying that too for the past two seasons as well...

Edited by Mantis

To be fair mantis he was close to going last summer and this summer he is long term injured

I'm fully aware of that, just pointing out that he's still here despite people constantly going on about how he will leave in the next transfer window.

I think he'll be gone next summer though if he stays fit.

the main thing is is to get Benteke back fit and at his best as soon as possible.

Next season, who knows? So much can happen with the club, especially if sold.

We may be in a position where we don't have to sell Benteke and be able to buy in players of a similar standard.

• Like 1

If he plays before the autumn, our best hope of keeping him until the summer (without fresh investment), is if he has an average return to action. I hope he scores a few low key goals for us and helps us win games with a few assists. I then hope he enjoys a storming second half of the season - starting from around late January, just as the transfer window closes.

• Like 3

To be fair mantis he was close to going last summer and this summer he is long term injured

Only Spuds bid for him and he turned them down , suggesting he wants a big club and is happy to bide his time to find one ?

Only Spuds bid for him and he turned them down , suggesting he wants a big club and is happy to bide his time to find one ?

He turned down spurs? I thought they wouldn't match our valuation of him?

• Like 2

He turned down spurs? I thought they wouldn't match our valuation of him?

That's what I heard from a reliable person.

I thought he put the transfer request in once spurs made a bid.

There were lots of claims that Levy sanctioned the move and Benteke wanted the move but Villas Boas wanted Soldado and it was Spurs that pulled out.

But then again delusional Spurs fans and their club love re-writing history so somebody else always takes the blame.

Â