Christian Benteke

Kwan

Anyone notice that CB was playing in different boots against Shamrock Rovers?

Nike Hypervenom's as apposed to his normal, more classically styled Nike Tiempo's. Could be interesting, might not be, but generally different boots have different sorts of players associated with them and while the Tiempo's are generally linked to aiding touch and feel and are quite understated, the Hypervenom range is loud and worn by some of the more attacking minded players, for example the lead ambassador for the range is Neymar.

It could just be that Nike are paying him to wear the Hypervenom now this season. Or could be a sign of a more attacking intent from him, could even just be as simple as he liked the colour or they were more comfortable. Just thought it was interesting and never know, there could be something in it!

Doubt he will wear them again, the gash that went through one of them was ridiculous, could have injured his foot very badly.

and before bentekes first season i thought we were gonna be ape shit up front too, but look how that went ;)

i havent seen much of helenius yet, just the odd friendly and the youtube clips, but if hes given the chance and time this season i think he could turn into a tidy player next year commanding a starting spot. he seems ot have a good eye for both passes and shots, although the play up to his goal attempt in the first half against shamrock was pretty slick the finish left a bit to desire but its early days!

Personally, I'm just glad to see that CB still has the hunger and sense to give us his all. It would have been so easy for him to have dropped his head, what with the recent furore over where he'd be playing next season, but fair play to the lad.

I imagine a few defenders, watching the pre-season highlights, might well be crapping themselves at the very thought of facing him.

Just had a bit of a smile at the truly pathetic attempt in the Mirror by the comedy journalist James Nursey to revive the Benteke to Spurs story based on the fact they will have plenty of money post the sale of Bale. I think really hates Villa and loves to put the boot in. Mind you bizarrely if you talk to Blues fans they think he hates them so maybe its just Midlands football in general.

Anyone notice that CB was playing in different boots against Shamrock Rovers?

Nike Hypervenom's as apposed to his normal, more classically styled Nike Tiempo's. Could be interesting, might not be, but generally different boots have different sorts of players associated with them and while the Tiempo's are generally linked to aiding touch and feel and are quite understated, the Hypervenom range is loud and worn by some of the more attacking minded players, for example the lead ambassador for the range is Neymar. 

It could just be that Nike are paying him to wear the Hypervenom now this season. Or could be a sign of a more attacking intent from him, could even just be as simple as he liked the colour or they were more comfortable. Just thought it was interesting and never know, there could be something in it!

Well, he changed his boots mid way in the 2nd half...

edit: typo

Edited by Feidhlim

Just had a bit of a smile at the truly pathetic attempt in the Mirror by the comedy journalist James Nursey to revive the Benteke to Spurs story based on the fact they will have plenty of money post the sale of Bale. I think really hates Villa and loves to put the boot in. Mind you bizarrely if you talk to Blues fans they think he hates them so maybe its just Midlands football in general.

If anything i'd say he likes the Villa.

Watching yesterday I dread to think where we'd be next season without him. We looked pretty toothless upfront when the ball was not going through him.

We would have signed a replacement for him and adapted.

• Like 1

Watching yesterday I dread to think where we'd be next season without him. We looked pretty toothless upfront when the ball was not going through him.

Please stop making sense. Everyone knows we'd have to give up all hope, play with ten men and pretend he was still here.

Many people talk about how savvy Levy is so he must realise that it is piss-poor planning to spend £10m more than you were willing to spend on exactly the same player, based on money from a sale you suspected would happen anyway.

Edited by brommy

If anything i'd say he likes the Villa.

Not sure I have ever read anything that suggests he likes us.

All I have read suggests that he likes nothing better than to stir things up as is proved by todays article which is a complete non story and almost certainly in my opinion made up

Edited by Harry

".....after originally asking to go to Tottenham"

Can't see how you can say he likes us when he's making up this kind of shit, yes he handed in a transfer request but when and where did he say specifically that he did so to go to spurs?

Effing w@nker

*To the Beatles - She Loves You*

Ben-te-ke- Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Ben-te-ke- Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

And when he scores like that

You know you should be glad!

:D

Catchy.

Might be greeted with the odd howl of derision when we play the redscouse away, mind. :D

Bear in mind it's his job to fill column inches, whether or not there's any actual transfer news going on (and I'm sure if there was they'd be writing about that instead). Seems a lot of irrational hatred for journalists on this website.

Not really, he could have filled the same space with saying that he'd handed in a transfer request but no, he has to state that he asked to go to spurs which I very much doubt he categorically knew, just fanning imaginary flames for the betterment of one of his beloved cockney word removed clubs

We would have massively struggled to replace him.

Â