Christian Benteke

Kwan

I wonder what Genk fans think now. In hindsight they must think they were ripped off, although I believe even they doubted he was good enough for the Premier League at the time. Still, I bet they're shaking their heads in disbelief at what they let go so cheaply :)

But clubs that size are never in a good position to get seriously big money for their players. I reckon £7m is as much as they'd ever hoped to have got.

**** me this thread is shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQA0DklJTis

I think we should just post this video whenever it seems to get crappy.

There are soo many diffrent types of finishes in that video, he really is a class player.

I'd say on his day he's nigh on impossible to defend against

He really is going to **** other teams over next season. Can't wait.

I wonder what Genk fans think now. In hindsight they must think they were ripped off, although I believe even they doubted he was good enough for the Premier League at the time. Still, I bet they're shaking their heads in disbelief at what they let go so cheaply :)

But clubs that size are never in a good position to get seriously big money for their players. I reckon £7m is as much as they'd ever hoped to have got.

I was only trying to put myself in the fans' position is all.  You're right about the club but that wasn't my point.  The fans are now looking at us owning one of the most talked about and sought-after strikers in Europe after only one year when he was unheard of at their club.  They must be wondering what the hell they missed :)

What happens when you try to keep Benteke, Weimann & Agbonlahor quiet when they are all on fire in the same match?

Sunderland couldn't come up with the answer last season & this is going to be a major problem for our opponents to try & solve next season.

Stop Benteke by doubling up on him(If that's possible?) & you'll just create space for Weimann & Agbonlahor to exploit. All of a sudden it's Weimann knocking them in left right & centre so you double up on him instead. Net result Benteke & Agbonlahor have a field day.

Also, imagine Helenius being thrown into the same team & Villa just going for the jugular game after game, Crazy yes? But in a manager like Paul Lambert don't rule it out.

I'm hoping Villa's philosophy next season will be fortune favours the brave & the Benteke.

You know, with that team, we might not need to play defense... A 4-3 win is worth as much as a 1-0 in the table (if not slightly more, because isn't goals scored the tiebreaker after goal difference?).

And 4-3 makes for a better game..

Although it would be nice to have some clean sheets this season...

It also tends to mean more games being picked by Sky/BT which means more TV money for the club.

well tbh the money they got for benteke was a record sell for krc genk and yes they were sceptic in the begin but now theyr still missing him there. 

but please don't boo him because he is mentaly very fragile and than he will snap and he will become shit. :s trust me they made that mistake at krc genk. they still regret every second of it..

He won't get booed!

but please don't boo him because he is mentaly very fragile and than he will snap and he will become shit. :s trust me they made that mistake at krc genk. they still regret every second of it..

dw Belgian Guy - at all the pre season games all it has been is:

"OOOOOH CHRISTIAN BENTEKE!!!!" 

Interesting Belgian Guy for you to identify a weakness in Benteke's mentality. However, I don't believe Paul Lambert would allow a fragile mentality to manifest itself in the beast because he is such a good man manager & motivator too & will soon get into Benteke's head once he crosses the white line. It didn't take lambo 5 mins to get him to sign a new contract once he returned for training did it.

I genuinely can't see a weakness in Benteke's game. All I will offer is that Benteke is a genius & genius as we all know is flawed.

Interesting Belgian Guy for you to identify a weakness in Benteke's mentality. However, I don't believe Paul Lambert would allow a fragile mentality to manifest itself in the beast because he is such a good man manager & motivator too & will soon get into Benteke's head once he crosses the white line. It didn't take lambo 5 mins to get him to sign a new contract once he returned for training did it.

I genuinely can't see a weakness in Benteke's game. All I will offer is that Benteke is a genius & genius as we all know is flawed.

i know its very weird for a guy off his size but he is.

and im also pretty sure that paul lambert knows how to deal with tis indeed he always protected him from the media even when he putted in a transfer request. 

• Like 1

i know its very weird for a guy off his size but he is.

and im also pretty sure that paul lambert knows how to deal with tis indeed he always protected him from the media even when he putted in a transfer request.

Lambert knows the success of Villa this season is closely linked to the success of Benteke's season. So do the Villa fans. Benteke's only apparent weakness is drifting out of the occasional game, something I expect will improve with his age. If Benteke stays focused and performs to his potential again, as I expect he will, he will get all the love and respect he needs.

Â