Christian Benteke

Kwan

Anyone notice that CB was playing in different boots against Shamrock Rovers?

Nike Hypervenom's as apposed to his normal, more classically styled Nike Tiempo's. Could be interesting, might not be, but generally different boots have different sorts of players associated with them and while the Tiempo's are generally linked to aiding touch and feel and are quite understated, the Hypervenom range is loud and worn by some of the more attacking minded players, for example the lead ambassador for the range is Neymar. 

It could just be that Nike are paying him to wear the Hypervenom now this season. Or could be a sign of a more attacking intent from him, could even just be as simple as he liked the colour or they were more comfortable. Just thought it was interesting and never know, there could be something in it!

The one colour Christian Benteke definitely likes is the colour of the back of the net.

Pick that one out.................& that one, & that one, & that one & that one :)

I wonder if that orange patch is where Guzan's goal kicks tend to land?

Yep, exactly that. There is also a concentration inside the centre circle as CB is involved in each kick-off. It reminded me that we really did concede too many goals last year.

• Like 1

btw im sorry im going off topic but look at this: 53240.jpgthe legendary drogba is holding a shirt of lukaku  :wub:  

when is the season  starting in engeland?

The minute Benteke bags a hat trick at Arsenal. :)

haha that would be asewome =D

How about to the tune of Rebecca Black's Friday:

"Benteke, Benteke,

We all love Benteke,

He scores goals every weekend

Benteke benteke, yeah!

Benteke benteke, yeah!

goal, goal, goal, goal,

He scores goals every weekend"

I just think It'd be hilarious to turn that song into a chant.

no..........no....................please for the mother of god.....NOOOOOOoooooooooooooo

bam a lam is genius and will be brilliant if it catches on. Much better than the current one...

I agree with the others that some of our current chants are poor to say the least. Even singing SOTC always sticks in my throat, I always think why are we singing about those scumbags instead of chanting support to one of our young players instead?

Edited by carlitobrigante
  • Like 2

bam a lam is genius and will be brilliant if it catches on. Much better than the current one...

I agree with the others that some of our current chants are poor to say the least. Even singing SOTC always sticks in my throat, I always think why are we singing about those scumbags instead of chanting support to one of our young players instead?

SOTC is depressing, it reminds me of " sing something simple" in those dulcet tones which used to depress the arse off me in the 60's

Perhaps Lambert's negotiating tactic was advice on negotiating: don't negotiate with Tottenham until they have got the money for Bale. If you resign for us, they'll come back and offer you (and us) much better offer. 

If they sell Bale, why wouldn't they try again for Benteke?

Tottenham are set to revive their interest in Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke, once they sell Gareth Bale this summer, according to the Daily Mirror.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/08/07/tottenham-to-plot-fresh-move-for-aston-villa-striker-christian-benteke/

If they sold Bale for £100m, albeit in installments, would we take £35m for Benteke?

To be honest, I wouldn't want to sell Benteke for £35m if Bale is worth £100m. For Tottenham £45 million for Benteke would seem to be the right price.

Â