Christian Benteke

Kwan

Saw Benteke walking round Sutton earlier, don't know if that makes any difference on the likelihood of his involvement tonight.

Have you approached or been approached by the press boys about this yet?

Is the story going to be splashed across the News Of The World? :)

Iv got a few offers about the full details of this story but I'm holding out for the big bucks!!

If I saw Benteke I don't think I'd be physically able to stop myself shouting "OOOHHHHHH CHRISTIAN BENTEKE!!!"

I dunno mate. As cool as it sounds in your head, at Wycombe when the players arrived it was pretty cringy when 1 or 2 people were chanting at them face to face :P

Why would he get booed? He signed a new contract..

I can understand what Belgian Guy is saying. I'm sure there's a particular element of 'stupid football fan' who would still feel jilted by CB even putting in the transfer request and might feel they're 'exercising their right' to remind him that there was this one time a month ago when they were quite annoyed with him. But they'll be a teeny tiny minority and the "ooooh" will drown out the "Boooo" anyway :)

Lambert should tell Wiemann that if that starts he should reassure Benteke they are actually saying "Booo-enteke"

On a more serious note, I remember  reading last season him saying he hadn't liked the stick he got off the Genk fans when things weren't going great. He seems to have a bit of a thin skin - which isn't a criticism but it isn't a characteristic I'd want as a footballer unless you literally never screwed up.

If I saw Benteke I don't think I'd be physically able to stop myself shouting "OOOHHHHHH CHRISTIAN BENTEKE!!!"

If i saw Benteke i'd call him all the f**k*rs of the day for making a fool of me on VT and then i'd......

Christian_Benteke_2572163b.jpg

running.gif

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 1

The biggest enigma is trying to solve how come our defence was so crap last season. Think about it. All week in training you are practicing up against possibly the best striker in Europe. You are being buffeted & pilloried from post to post by the magnificent beast & trying to work out ways to stop him in his magnificent finishing skills.

Surely after that, facing anybody else come match day should be an absolute doddle?

Suggestions/ explanations anyone?

That'd be great if we were playing against a Christian Benteke at 80% in training every week, but we tend to, you know, play against players not in our squad on match days

If i saw Benteke i'd call him all the f**k*rs of the day for making a fool of me on VT and then i'd......

running.gif

eh?

running.gif

eh?

IIRC, Morpheus was one of the prominent posters who was displeased with us signing Christian last year.

Â