Christian Benteke

Kwan

The thing with Benteke is that he rarely blasts the ball. If you look at most of his goals, he carefully places/bends the ball past the keeper. He must see things in slow motion, he's that deft.

No he doesn't. He'll place the ball and blast it (against the Baggies for one) when needed. It's called finishing.

Yeah but if he keeps banging in like that next season then I honestly can say I feel he deserves to play for a team that takes the medals. Shame we aren`t it but thats the way it is now.

If he gets another 19 Premier League goals next season don't worry he'll be playing at team that takes the medals the following season. We'll get a wad of cash for him.

can't speak highly enough of this player....I think also he will have such a massive rub off in confidence on all the other young lads it will spread through the side.

Edited by TRO

Yeah but if he keeps banging in like that next season then I honestly can say I feel he deserves to play for a team that takes the medals. Shame we aren`t it but thats the way it is now.

Now is right, we are a developing side what no one knows is at what rate and where it will take us in a short period of time.

The thing with Benteke is that he rarely blasts the ball. If you look at most of his goals, he carefully places/bends the ball past the keeper. He must see things in slow motion, he's that deft.

No he doesn't. He'll place the ball and blast it (against the Baggies for one) when needed. It's called finishing.

This is his best goal this season in my opinion. Was going to post the GIF last night but I didn't know how to.

Here's the link anyway!

http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/bcf963c9cfff22257d2557668ba6191e_large

^ That was a stunner to be fair. Didn't match of the day say it was like 70mph as the ball smashed the net? 

I don't know which one I think was his best last season (so many to choose from). I think his towering header vs Sunderland was up there tbh. I mean he jumped the height of the friggen cross bar (from a standing jump!) 

^ That was a stunner to be fair. Didn't match of the day say it was like 70mph as the ball smashed the net? 

I don't know which one I think was his best last season (so many to choose from). I think his towering header vs Sunderland was up there tbh. I mean he jumped the height of the friggen cross bar (from a standing jump!) 

The one against Reading was similar, and it capped off an unbelievable all around performance. He was absolutely massive that game, won everything,  and it was a pretty crucial goal too. 

If it was 70 when it hit the net that'd be like high 80s off his foot. That's insane power

Edited by Rovers13

Anyone confident enough to start him in fantasy. I am holding off till after GW3 where us and Chelsea not involved. I know there is a forum for VT fantasy football but why is it so dead? There are pages of discussion on a general Australian sports portal. Australian!!! 

Anyone confident enough to start him in fantasy. I am holding off till after GW3 where us and Chelsea not involved. I know there is a forum for VT fantasy football but why is it so dead? There are pages of discussion on a general Australian sports portal. Australian!!! 

First round is a double gameweek for Villa. I'm definitely starting him.

I've got him, Berbatov and Weimann as my front 3, I think he is capable against anyone.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool then a bye week. Guessing you don't have 3 Chelsea players otherwise you're stuck with a team of 10 one week?

I hope we do well against the teams above as a Villa fan but because of the double week I'm not going any Villa players in fantasy.

I've got him, Berbatov and Weimann as my front 3, I think he is capable against anyone.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool then a bye week. Guessing you don't have 3 Chelsea players otherwise you're stuck with a team of 10 one week?

I hope we do well against the teams above as a Villa fan but because of the double week I'm not going any Villa players in fantasy.

I've only got Ivanovic and Mata, may have to look into that after. Plus dont the fixtures even out over the season anyway?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Was out Sunday in Galway with a WBA supporting friend of mine, whiskey was flowing, anyway we did a bet on how many goals would Christian get next season, €20 for the winner. There I was thinking it was 15 and it might be a bit of a stretch, couldn't remember for the life of me, so I text him there and asked him how many was it and he replied 10! Beautiful.

Edited by Folski
  • Like 1

This is his best goal this season in my opinion. Was going to post the GIF last night but I didn't know how to.

Here's the link anyway!

http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/bcf963c9cfff22257d2557668ba6191e_large

the coolest part of it is that even the cameraman is fooled by his move :D its also my favourite goal of him 2nd the goal against chelsea 

Â