Christian Benteke

Kwan

Immense. A steal at the money we paid will easily be worth 3 or 4 times that in a couple of years

I've got to say Richard - I find you unrecognisable these days but your positivism is definitely welcome. Benteke though, does look like the just sort of player we needed.

Away from home next week in a really winnable game.

I would def start Gabby and Benteke.

Bent can come on if we need a goal at the end, but still offered very little yesterday.

Looked a lot better when he was up top with Benteke, maybe start them together for a full game, see how they play..

Bent seemed to play of Benteke well yesterday.

Agree that Bent and Benteke looked like they could form a strong partnership. Plus I think it'll be good for Gabby, his pace off the bench could be very useful later in games. And a bit of rotation and rest might keep him fresh for the season, avoiding his annual burn out.

Took his goal brilliantly I thought, great composure and touch to lift it over Vorm, yet MOTD claimed it was an easy finish, bizarre. Looks like he will be a very good signing seems a cracking player.

Yes, it WAS calmly done, but if that was Van Persie or Aguero or whoever it would have been called 'a sublime piece of football'.

Well it was bloody sublime to everyone at VP, so stuff MOTD.

Exactly..

I think the words to sum up our game were "villa got lucky"..

Had Tevez or Van Persie scored that Lowton goal it would have been called "world class", it would have been included in goal of the month and probably won.. Though because it was Lowton some League 1 player it was thanks to a "mistake by Vorm"..

Had Van Persie scored the Benteke goal like you said it would have been called "sublime", it would have also been used with the excuse that Van Persie "pressured Williams into a mistake".. Instead we get "easy finish" and "it was a gift".

I can't wait until this club is on the up again just so we get a fair representation on MOTD.

MOTD are an f'ing farce! Saying our win was lucky when we pressed Swansea so hard they cracked under the pressure. We destroyed their style, and thats why we won. It was definitely not luck!

Benteke seem to be what I had hoped when watching his youtube vids! Good touch, composure, calm in front of goal and strong. He is more than your typical big target man, he is a modern target man where technical ability and holding up the ball from into the feet is the primary focus, and the high ball onto the head are plan B rather than plan A. We have gotten rid of the old fashioned big man in Heskey for the modern day equivilent.

My concern though is that he is the type of player that can be unplayable one week then disinterested the next. Fortunately Lambert doesn't seem like a manager that will put up with that shit!

Anyone got a link to the goal ? Bentekke one

Were MOTD really saying lucky - we blitzed swansea to the same extent the Everton Blitzed us on the opening day of the season - we could have had 4-5

Best home performance since we beat blue 5-1

Anyone got a link to the goal ? Bentekke one

Were MOTD really saying lucky - we blitzed swansea to the same extent the Everton Blitzed us on the opening day of the season - we could have had 4-5

Best home performance since we beat blue 5-1

obl7dg

MOTD = gob-shite tossers, I don't miss their Bin dipper or Utd wankfest one bit.

Is the big nosed boring rocket polisher Lineker still hosting the show? I hated watching him and that scouse jock showing their arrogance towards Villa.

Interestingly enough he had 20 touches of the ball yesterday despite coming on in the 71st minute, with Weiman having 26 playing for 71mins, and Bent having 38 being on for 90mins. Bannan had the most of the entire team with 65, Lowton was second with 64!

Â