Christian Benteke

Kwan

bent did well with a big man alongside him at sunderland, so hopefully benteke will get him firing on all cylinders again

doesn't look good for gabby though unless he's used as a late replacement for holman away, or starts as part of a front 3 at home

Benteke is the guy we need..

I was watching Swansea a fair bit today and I noticed that they lack a Benteke. They have a lot of players that are great at passing the ball but none of them can hold up play. I saw Michu run with the ball, he'd get so far and then realise his team mates were still quite a way behind and he'd lose it. I saw that happen a lot as they have no one that they can just clip it to, who will then hold it for a few seconds for the rest of the team to catch up..

Now some say that you only really need a target man if you play with wingers and you like to hoof it, but I think Benteke was brought in not for hoof ball but because he's good with his feet. Villa are playing possession based pass and move football, though when we get into the final third we hit a wall of defenders and the movement breaks down slightly. We need Benteke to give us that extra few seconds to pick our positions and to distract the defenders from what Bent is doing.. I think it may just work out extremely well for us.

Benteke is the guy we need..

I was watching Swansea a fair bit today and I noticed that they lack a Benteke. They have a lot of players that are great at passing the ball but none of them can hold up play. I saw Michu run with the ball, he'd get so far and then realise his team mates were still quite a way behind and he'd lose it. I saw that happen a lot as they have no one that they can just clip it to, who will then hold it for a few seconds for the rest of the team to catch up..

Now some say that you only really need a target man if you play with wingers and you like to hoof it, but I think Benteke was brought in not for hoof ball but because he's good with his feet. Villa are playing possession based pass and move football, though when we get into the final third we hit a wall of defenders and the movement breaks down slightly. We need Benteke to give us that extra few seconds to pick our positions and to distract the defenders from what Bent is doing.. I think it may just work out extremely well for us.

Yeah. Benteke isn't just a target man but a damn good footballer as well.Had some sublime touches when he came on.

Good debut. Some nice touches and took his goal well. Very promising and an exciting player.

On the flip side it was a 20 minute performance and 'Legend in the making' etc is very premature. Not to put a downer on anything but think this needs to be reeled in. If he does this all season, then yeah a legend in the making.

Not yet.

There is nothing quite as exciting as a new striker, especially after a cameo like that.

Great stuff, looked like he wanted to hang onto the ball, had a bit of fight when defenders got physical.

Can't see too many getting the better of him if they're up for a scrap.

Looked very good, unlucky with the miss but it happens. He took his goal very well and added to the balance of the team.

We couldn't ask any more from him, I'm wondering if he will start next game or be used as an impact sub while he settles.

Looked a lot better then I thought he would. Looks like he could be a great signing for us.

Seems like we got to see both his strengths and weakness summed up today, compared to how he was described by a poster earlier in this thread.

Took his goal brilliantly I thought, great composure and touch to lift it over Vorm, yet MOTD claimed it was an easy finish, bizarre. Looks like he will be a very good signing seems a cracking player.

Yes, it WAS calmly done, but if that was Van Persie or Aguero or whoever it would have been called 'a sublime piece of football'.

Well it was bloody sublime to everyone at VP, so stuff MOTD.

Â