Christian Benteke

Kwan

Joey,  surely you are not naive enough to not realise that this transfer request and loss of our prized player has left our feelings pretty raw at the minute.  

I am sure your fans might feel the same if a Real Madrid fan managed to find a spurts forum and started posting there about Bale in such a way that spurts should accept 15M or that it was likely to go that way?

Under those circumstances one might consider not posting for a while, or else it looks like continuing to post is actually designed to wind up Villa fans on a Villa fans forum,  and that is against guidelines.

Fine I wont post,

ok cya

Can someone please tell me how we know anyone from Spurs has tapped Benteke up

We don't have any proof Morph, but Kismet is such a plank that he couldn't have made it any more obvious if he tried. Why though would Spurs tap up a player who's going to cost them at least £45 million over the next 4 years?

Such a deal would be way out of their comfort zone and would ruin Levy's carefully developed negotiating stance with other clubs. Also what about the queue of agents representing unhappy players banging on his door when they hear about Benteke's wage deal? 

This is going to get very messy now. When he put in the transfer request i was sure a deal was nearly already done and he would be off by next monday. Now spurs are only offering 3/5ths of what we want and from past dealings we wont budge, spurs wont budge and unles liverpool sell suarez, who else wants him?. what a horrid situation this selfish prick has put is in

• Like 1

So we've had no offer from Spurs yet and we are set to give Benteke a three week deadline to sort his future out. If we have offered to treble his  wages I think that's fair enough. Guess its just a waiting game now!

This is going to get very messy now. When he put in the transfer request i was sure a deal was nearly already done and he would be off by next monday. Now spurs are only offering 3/5ths of what we want and from past dealings we wont budge, spurs wont budge and unles liverpool sell suarez, who else wants him?. what a horrid situation this selfish prick has put is in

Not at all. We hold all the cards, and we hold his signature. He's a real prick if he starts going on strike etc, but I expect him to be back at training again this time next week and I don't think he'll kick up a fuss. Really hope he's still here on September 1st.

matt watton‏@wattyavfc29m

@91_yacou hi mate up the villa have a word with Christian and get him to sort his head out and jog his muggy agent on #avfc

Retweeted by yacouba sylla

Sylla just retweeted this haha

Sylla is a legend.

I doubt he has any idea what it means. He can't speak English can he? 

Ive seen him tweet in English plenty of times.  He would of known its about Benteke anyway as Christian hardly needs translating

He's the one in the horrid situation to be fair

So we've had no offer from Spurs yet and we are set to give Benteke a three week deadline to sort his future out. If we have offered to treble his  wages I think that's fair enough. Guess its just a waiting game now!

Offered is the correct tense. It should be now off the table entirely and any wage increase he gets during whatever time he is still at AVFC should be only what is provided for in his current contract. Not a penny more. You don't reward a well-fed dog for biting you because it is greedy for more.

It'll be interesting to see how CB reacts if Spudzzz don't come in for him.

We've been fairly cute about this, when he put in his transfer request we accepted, so long as our valuation (which CB and his Agent must be aware of) is met.

We're saying to CB 'yeah sure, you can move on' but know it'll be difficult for him to move on that valuation (which isn't a completely unacceptable fee - unlike £80m for Bale etc). It's a doable transfer fee but is a hell of an investment for any team (barring The 'Sheik' owned clubs)

CB cannot moan that we have blocked his move or said no to his request - at some point (if the move doesn't materialise) he's going to have to swallow his pride, apologise and knuckle down.

If CB took this further and tried to force his move by striking after the 'deadline' date passes and a bid hasn't been lodged, he'll seriously damage his future career.

Edited by theboyangel

I care about the CLUB not Benteke. i wouldnt mind him staying another season and us making a larger profit. He's not going to have a strop because he know's clubs wont be interested if he doesnt perform again. And even if he does he'll still change his mind. A lot of people are ignoring the fact that he and his agent have been quoted saying that if a move didnt happen he'd be happy to stay (sky sports). I think we should use his ability to score whilst we have it. Then he can F*ck off.

Wish we could just get this shit done.

Teams may be put off with the fact that he has handed in a transfer request. (If he hasn't been tapped up)... Because he has shown very little loyalty. How do they know that he won't do the same to them?

So many factors are going to come into play here. Got a feeling it's gonna drag and drag....

Â