Christian Benteke

Kwan

Surely everyone can see that Spuds are just Stalking Horses. It's clear they don't have the readies to buy Benteke.  Teams like Arsenal, Chelsea & Man City will wait to discover what our valuation is & cough up without hesitation if they really believe it to be a fair asking price & dependent on how else they fair with their other transfer targets.

Also. as other posters point out there are other richer clubs on the continent who will not baulk at matching that valuation either.

The real game will start the minute a price acceptable to AVFC is reached. Then hopefully it will turn into a bidding war which will be to our benefit.

Bottom line as far as I am concerned is that as long as we get what we are asking for or more then I truly couldn't care less where Benteke ends up.

I'm not sure about all this supposed interest. 

Imo there is only one club that Benteke is worth £25 - 30 million to and that is AVFC. Any other club must have been made very wary by the Carroll/ Henderson debacle at Liverpool.

Paying an enormous fee for potential when the player is talented but both inexperienced and obviously disloyal may well put clubs off.

I wonder if Joe Kinnear has enquired about Benteke yet

he has enquired about Bennett, same player isn't it?

Or he told Pardew he was going to bid for Bent, OK?

Don't ever lie about somebody enquiring for Bennett, there's absolutely no need Richard!!

Talksport

"Tottenham tell Aston Villa to lower Benteke asking price"

Im sorry what? Who the hell do they think they are

Ive never given that shit excuse of a club much time, and im now beginning to see why they attract some of the most deluded, arrogant and obnoxious people on earth to follow them.

Classless lowlife.

• Like 1

It's really not that great of an article, and he's going to look a little foolish if we do accept anything under £25m now. I think a lot of people think it's a great article because it blows smoke up Villa's arse.

Yeah can't have anything positve can we. God forbid, lets just play along and sell him for 15. ffs

Where did I say that I didn't want the article to be true? I just said that in my opinion it's not a great article.

Why because it makes villa look good? because they have the stance we all want them to have? pay up or shut up. Whats not great about that?

Because firstly it looks like it was written by a child, and secondly, it's just his opinion but he's stating it as fact, which is never good. I'm not saying he'll be wrong, he's been in that job for years and has more contact with the people connected to Lerner than any of us ever will, but it's still just his opinion.

But we shall agree to disagree on the quality of the article, and instead just agree that we hope it ends up being true.

Theres a reason he's written that article to give a perspective from Villa end, every article you read is solely by London is solely written to drive the price down. These are the same papers who are writing tosh such as 130million for Bale. Spurs do not want to pay 25million, they are using the media to keep the story in the limelight thinking that Villa will back down, we have never backed down in a player sale. Every club sells, and if we sell Benteke it will be the best deal for Aston Villa.

Mr Levy at £30m it's a deal, it's a Steal, it's sale of the f****** century - in fact f*** it I think we'll keep him

It doesn't include Wiemann, it doesn't include Vlaar, and it isn't supposed to include me getting the hump with your questions. Now you want it Levy? You buy it.

Thing is Daniel, oh sorry Mr Levy, I must use your real title of tight arsed caNNT, that when you shop for something new and the price isn't right you go to another shop don't you? This isn't **** Salvage Hunters and, despite you both being bald, you are not Drew Pritchard.

Get real. Pay the asking price or go elsewhere.

Edited by stewiek2

Well if he goes we get around about 30 million quid.

If he stays we get a 30 million quid player and when are we ever likely to sign one of them.

It would be like a new signing!

I actually not in the slightest bit worried about this transfer.

I've no doubt Lerner and Faulkner will stick to their guns.

Don't forget Lambert - he's proven he's not one to be f****d around.

It's really not that great of an article, and he's going to look a little foolish if we do accept anything under £25m now. I think a lot of people think it's a great article because it blows smoke up Villa's arse.

Yeah can't have anything positve can we. God forbid, lets just play along and sell him for 15. ffs

Where did I say that I didn't want the article to be true? I just said that in my opinion it's not a great article.

Why because it makes villa look good? because they have the stance we all want them to have? pay up or shut up. Whats not great about that?

Because firstly it looks like it was written by a child, and secondly, it's just his opinion but he's stating it as fact, which is never good. I'm not saying he'll be wrong, he's been in that job for years and has more contact with the people connected to Lerner than any of us ever will, but it's still just his opinion.

But we shall agree to disagree on the quality of the article, and instead just agree that we hope it ends up being true.

Theres a reason he's written that article to give a perspective from Villa end, every article you read is solely by London is solely written to drive the price down. These are the same papers who are writing tosh such as 130million for Bale. Spurs do not want to pay 25million, they are using the media to keep the story in the limelight thinking that Villa will back down, we have never backed down in a player sale. Every club sells, and if we sell Benteke it will be the best deal for Aston Villa.

But the main stories on the Benteke deal in 2 of the 3 biggest tabloids have be written by Villa fans. It was Villa who announced that he'd handed in a transfer request and Villa who said he'd not gone to Germany. The Sun article about our interest is actually written by an Arsenal fan. So the 3 main pieces, all which state a £25 million fee, seem to come from people who absolutely don't have Spurs interest at heart. Basically Villa have announced the player is for sale and and in the Mirror and the Mail, Midlands based journalists have said they want £25 million. The rest is of the media stuff seems to come from the likes of talksport who make things up to get people listening. 

There has not actually been anything to really confirm our interest. All we know is that we missed out on our number 1 target, David Villa. All the Benteke stuff of note seems to be coming out of Birmingham.

When we didn't want to sell Modric, we announced he wasn't for sale at any price and refused to comments further.

This whole thread has turned so strange over the last few days! To read this thread you'd think Villa fans are negotiating with Spurs, via the media! 

But the main stories on the Benteke deal in 2 of the 3 biggest tabloids have be written by Villa fans. It was Villa who announced that he'd handed in a transfer request and Villa who said he'd not gone to Germany. The Sun article about our interest is actually written by an Arsenal fan. So the 3 main pieces, all which state a £25 million fee, seem to come from people who absolutely don't have Spurs interest at heart. Basically Villa have announced the player is for sale and and in the Mirror and the Mail, Midlands based journalists have said they want £25 million. The rest is of the media stuff seems to come from the likes of talksport who make things up to get people listening. 

There has not actually been anything to really confirm our interest. All we know is that we missed out on our number 1 target, David Villa. All the Benteke stuff of note seems to be coming out of Birmingham.

When we didn't want to sell Modric, we announced he wasn't for sale at any price and refused to comments further.

This whole thread has turned so strange over the last few days! To read this thread you'd think Villa fans are negotiating with Spurs, via the media! 

To read this thread you would think it was a spuds thread. Your fans forums must be really crap as you seem to be spending a lot of time on here!

To read this thread you would think it was a spuds thread. Your fans forums must be really crap as you seem to be spending a lot of time on here!

We are definitely a much friendlier bunch. No Spurs fan has said anything in the least bit hostile or rude in this thread and really just wanted to discuss the transfer as we are being linked in the press. 

• Like 1

Â