Christian Benteke

Kwan

Off Topic I know, but do Spurs really need much more than a Striker? At the moment, I think Benteke is what stands between them and Arsenal. Put Benteke in that Spurs side last season and they would've been 4th in my opininon. Depends how much Arsenal improve

If they had Benteke last season I think Spurs would have come top 3. They were within touching distance of City with about 10 games to go then the wheels fell off. 25 million really is not a lot of money when it comes to securing champions league football. 

Off Topic I know, but do Spurs really need much more than a Striker? At the moment, I think Benteke is what stands between them and Arsenal. Put Benteke in that Spurs side last season and they would've been 4th in my opininon. Depends how much Arsenal improve

spurs have a very good first 11, the problem with benteke is he could still be a one season wonder. Papis cisse last season a good example.

spurs have a very good first 11, the problem with benteke is he could still be a one season wonder. Papis cisse last season a good example.

To be fair Cisse was a half-season wonder, like Jelavic.

Gotta laugh at Spuds, delusional average team, player swaps they have offered - hilarious. they just dont get it do they. they are an aging team we are a young growing team, if they splash the cash for CB then they will have no money to replace the overpaid pensioners, they are a team who will be in decline, a mid table team average at best. They need to sell Bale really, if not now then next year to finance a new squad. If CB can not see this then he deserves them. Put it this way, even after the last season I would rather be us than them, if PL can get rid of the rest of the big earners then we really will be going places. Spuds are where we were 4 years ago, they will have to go through a bit of what we have had, it may not be as bad but it will be a downturn in fortunes.

Off topic, but here's our starting line-up for next season, as it stands:

Lloris (26)

Walker (23) Kaboul (27) Vertonghen (26) Rose (23)

Paulinho (24) Sandro (24) Dembele (25)

Lennon (26) Adebayor (29) Bale (23)

Subs: Holtby (22) Townsend (21) Carroll (21) Naughton (24) Sigurdsson (23) Friedel (42) Defoe (31) Dempsey (30) Parker (32) Huddlestone (26) BAE (29)

Of the above the one's we're looking to shift are the ageing players (obviously), our oldest first 11 player is under 30, the average age of the first 11 is 25. Basically it's a squad full of players in their prime.

In fairness not a bad team, maybe you should offer it to PL in exchange for CB :)

Big problem Mr.Spud is Adebayor is gone and you have no strikers.......... who is more desperate for Benteke? I think we hold all the cards on this one :) jog on!

I think you do too.There's no way we'll get Benteke. Adebayor hasn't been sold btw. I hope we don't as I rate him, just think he's a confidence player, I also believe in regression to the mean

To be fair Cisse was a half-season wonder, like Jelavic.

you could argue that jelavic and cisse are strikers who depend on movement and score with one touch (jelavic set a record by scoring 20 something one touch goals on the trot didnt he?) id throw in hernandez to that too, you can learn to defend that and cut it out

dont think benteke is the same, i think we saw last season, especially before xmas, he's got some sitters in him, but i think that his attributes mean that even if he's not scoring he's a great player

joey 55 - fanático del Real Madrid aquí. Vamos a ofrecerle 15 millones de libras más 15 naranjas por Gareth Bale. Sus fans no estarán contentos con esto, pero vamos a llegar a un compromiso con todos ustedes y tirar una botella barata de media Sangría borracha para cerrar el trato.

Señor Greasy Dago Spiv! - Apoyo Real Madrid

ps - Puede utilizar las naranjas para lanzarles su apretada arsed presidente Daniel Levy por dejar de lado `Monster Man` Benteke cristiano por su oferta arrogantes y ridículos.

pps - ¿Se ha publicado esto en VT para usted porque sé que ha sido arrancado de foros perfora por ser delirante en el pasado y que ahora intenta liquidación ventiladores Villa que, evidentemente, ha fracasado en usted.

Vergüenza ............................. No!

Translation For VT

joey 55 - Real Madrid fan here. We will offer you £15 Million plus 15 oranges for Gareth Bale. Your fans won't be happy about this but we will reach a compromise with you all & throw in a cheap bottle of half drunk Sangria  to close the deal.

Mister Greasy Dago Spiv! - Real Madrid Supporter

ps - You can use the oranges to pelt your tight arsed Chairman Daniel Levy with for missing out on `Monster Man` Christian Benteke because of your arrogant & derisory offer.

pps - Have posted this on VT for you because I know you have been booted of Spuds forums for being delusional in the past & you now try winding up Villa fans which has obviously backfired on you.

Shame.............................Not!

:P;):)

Edited by villa-revolution

I'd be surprised if anyone but Chelsea meet our valuation of what the player is worth. Spurs have reportedly offered a bunch of deadwood which is an absolute joke. The asking price which is rumoured to be £25-30million or bugger off.

I don't think anything will be done before Villa are back from Germany though.

The quote about Villa expecting Benteke to still be a Villa player come the start of the season just makes me think the valuation is higher than £25 million.

Yes I think its just media speculation but those players mentioned are a joke, I'd have taken Parker 3 years ago but not now

im disappointed at him wanting to leave, but in reflection, it was inevitable, all the signs were there but some of us, me included shut ourselfs away from it

his agent is solely to blame for this, constantly touting him around and hes been doing it since the day tekkers arrived here, whilst benteke is happy here and stays here, his agent cant earn any money off him, simple.

benteke is worth £30m, but we clearly wont get that, this club cant haggle or be firm, it folds too easily, i really dont think we will get alot for him, probably just a little more than what we paid

benteke is worth £30m, but we clearly wont get that, this club cant haggle or be firm, it folds too easily, i really dont think we will get alot for him, probably just a little more than what we paid

No offence mate but this quite possibly the most inaccurate, baseless and wide of the mark comment I've ever read on here.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 4

im disappointed at him wanting to leave, but in reflection, it was inevitable, all the signs were there but some of us, me included shut ourselfs away from it

his agent is solely to blame for this, constantly touting him around and hes been doing it since the day tekkers arrived here, whilst benteke is happy here and stays here, his agent cant earn any money off him, simple.

You have to be joking? You are thinking we are going to get just over £7m for him? :blink: :blink: :blink:

• Like 1

I take it this is sarcasm?

no, what im saying is clearly we will get more for him that what we paid, but £23m on top of what we paid? no chance

No one is talking about £23m + the £7m we paid.....

no, what im saying is clearly we will get more for him that what we paid, but £23m on top of what we paid? no chance

No one is talking about £23m + the £7m we paid.....

I think £30m is the target. A lot of people have spoken about that as their target.

Personally I would be dissappointed with £25m but I think that is the figure he will go for. 

brownbackwards_medium.gif

The bolded is also total nonsense

Edited by StefanAVFC

I'm actually surprised at myself for how much I loathe Benteke now. I just want him out of here. I never really felt like this with Barry, Young, Milner and Downing to such an extent. I would've been happy for any of them to hang around another season (and in Barry's case, he did).

As for Benteke, I don't want to see him near a Villa shirt ever again.

It's funny because I don't feel the same. I **** hate Downing, duplicitous little word removed with limited talent who thought he'd play billy big bollox at the first opportunity. Most disrespectful act by such a hugely average player. Still, we got £20m which is better than Downing so we can be pleased. Was slightly annoyed with Barry but thought it was probably fair enough after all his years. Thought Young and Milner deserved their chance too but was gutted to see Jimmy go especially. Benteke I just think is a fool who is being played by an agent for whom he is his only significant client. I don't hate the guy at all. I hope this blows over and the agent gets fired. Seriously one more season of watching Benteke bang them in every week, please.

• Like 3

The best thing about Benteke is that we really do have a big big player on our hands. When he is on form he is totally unplayable. His current contract means no one can brow beat us or prize him away on the cheap with some derogatory offer. Every Villa fan knows his true value & the rest of the Premiership are only waking up to it.

Would it be the worst thing if Benteke remains at Villa Park?

No. Not for me it wouldn't...............I'd be absolutely delighted to see him terrorising defences in a claret n' blue shirt next season & would welcome him back with open arms.

Can't be doing with any of this rotting away in the reserves nonsense either.

If he stays, he plays, end of.

If/when we sell him I have 100% confidence Lambo will re-invest the money wisely, after all, it was Lambert who spotted Benteke in the first place.

This really is a win, win situation.

• Like 4

Â