Christian Benteke

Kwan

It's really not that great of an article, and he's going to look a little foolish if we do accept anything under £25m now. I think a lot of people think it's a great article because it blows smoke up Villa's arse.

Yeah can't have anything positve can we. God forbid, lets just play along and sell him for 15. ffs

Where did I say that I didn't want the article to be true? I just said that in my opinion it's not a great article.

Why because it makes villa look good? because they have the stance we all want them to have? pay up or shut up. Whats not great about that?

Because firstly it looks like it was written by a child, and secondly, it's just his opinion but he's stating it as fact, which is never good. I'm not saying he'll be wrong, he's been in that job for years and has more contact with the people connected to Lerner than any of us ever will, but it's still just his opinion.

But we shall agree to disagree on the quality of the article, and instead just agree that we hope it ends up being true.

Theres a reason he's written that article to give a perspective from Villa end, every article you read is solely by London is solely written to drive the price down. These are the same papers who are writing tosh such as 130million for Bale. Spurs do not want to pay 25million, they are using the media to keep the story in the limelight thinking that Villa will back down, we have never backed down in a player sale. Every club sells, and if we sell Benteke it will be the best deal for Aston Villa.

But the main stories on the Benteke deal in 2 of the 3 biggest tabloids have be written by Villa fans. It was Villa who announced that he'd handed in a transfer request and Villa who said he'd not gone to Germany. The Sun article about our interest is actually written by an Arsenal fan. So the 3 main pieces, all which state a £25 million fee, seem to come from people who absolutely don't have Spurs interest at heart. Basically Villa have announced the player is for sale and and in the Mirror and the Mail, Midlands based journalists have said they want £25 million. The rest is of the media stuff seems to come from the likes of talksport who make things up to get people listening. 

There has not actually been anything to really confirm our interest. All we know is that we missed out on our number 1 target, David Villa. All the Benteke stuff of note seems to be coming out of Birmingham.

When we didn't want to sell Modric, we announced he wasn't for sale at any price and refused to comments further.

This whole thread has turned so strange over the last few days! To read this thread you'd think Villa fans are negotiating with Spurs, via the media.

Villa fans are not negotiating at all Joey. Have you not understood the numerous F**k off Spurs posts on this site?

It's really not that great of an article, and he's going to look a little foolish if we do accept anything under £25m now. I think a lot of people think it's a great article because it blows smoke up Villa's arse.

Yeah can't have anything positve can we. God forbid, lets just play along and sell him for 15. ffs

Where did I say that I didn't want the article to be true? I just said that in my opinion it's not a great article.

Why because it makes villa look good? because they have the stance we all want them to have? pay up or shut up. Whats not great about that?

Because firstly it looks like it was written by a child, and secondly, it's just his opinion but he's stating it as fact, which is never good. I'm not saying he'll be wrong, he's been in that job for years and has more contact with the people connected to Lerner than any of us ever will, but it's still just his opinion.

But we shall agree to disagree on the quality of the article, and instead just agree that we hope it ends up being true.

Theres a reason he's written that article to give a perspective from Villa end, every article you read is solely by London is solely written to drive the price down. These are the same papers who are writing tosh such as 130million for Bale. Spurs do not want to pay 25million, they are using the media to keep the story in the limelight thinking that Villa will back down, we have never backed down in a player sale. Every club sells, and if we sell Benteke it will be the best deal for Aston Villa.

But the main stories on the Benteke deal in 2 of the 3 biggest tabloids have be written by Villa fans. It was Villa who announced that he'd handed in a transfer request and Villa who said he'd not gone to Germany. The Sun article about our interest is actually written by an Arsenal fan. So the 3 main pieces, all which state a £25 million fee, seem to come from people who absolutely don't have Spurs interest at heart. Basically Villa have announced the player is for sale and and in the Mirror and the Mail, Midlands based journalists have said they want £25 million. The rest is of the media stuff seems to come from the likes of talksport who make things up to get people listening. 

There has not actually been anything to really confirm our interest. All we know is that we missed out on our number 1 target, David Villa. All the Benteke stuff of note seems to be coming out of Birmingham.

When we didn't want to sell Modric, we announced he wasn't for sale at any price and refused to comments further.

This whole thread has turned so strange over the last few days! To read this thread you'd think Villa fans are negotiating with Spurs, via the media.

Villa fans are not negotiating at all Joey. Have you not understood the numerous F**k off Spurs posts on this site?

Either way it's the same thing. You are reading things in the media and responding to Spurs in this thread. 

They are not Villa fans, Moxley is not a Villa fan and nor is James Nursey, he actually supports Norwich. The london press have never shut up about Benteke since the end of the season. As for using Modric example, he never requested a transfer hence you were allowed to take that stance, unfortunately due to his agent being tapped up by Levy and his cronies, our player has requested a move, so what should we do, say he's not for Sale.  We have put a price on his head, which Spurs will not meet, so they will continue drip feeding the press crap.

Joey,  surely you are not naive enough to not realise that this transfer request and loss of our prized player has left our feelings pretty raw at the minute.  

I am sure your fans might feel the same if a Real Madrid fan managed to find a spurts forum and started posting there about Bale in such a way that spurts should accept 15M or that it was likely to go that way?

Under those circumstances one might consider not posting for a while, or else it looks like continuing to post is actually designed to wind up Villa fans on a Villa fans forum,  and that is against guidelines.

• Like 4

Talksport are pro-Spurs though. Talksport love Spurs. The mid-morning show is presented by Danny Kelly, a Spurs fan, who talks about Spurs non-stop. The drivetime show (their flagship show) has a segment called "the daily Arsenal", a segment devoted to taking the piss out of Arsenal.

Talksport are pro-Spurs though. Talksport love Spurs. The mid-morning show is presented by Danny Kelly, a Spurs fan, who talks about Spurs non-stop. The drivetime show (their flagship show) has a segment called "the daily Arsenal", a segment devoted to taking the piss out of Arsenal.

and their mid afternoon show is presented by Paul Hawksbee,  fan of?

I see where you're getting confused now Joey, This is a site for Villa fans to have a say on all things AVFC. You're a visitor who is clearly revelling in the amount of attention that you're getting. Can I respectfully suggest that you stay away from discussions that clearly irritate you. That way we can stop having to read and respond to your pathetic "mock innocent" wind ups.

Joey,  surely you are not naive enough to not realise that this transfer request and loss of our prized player has left our feelings pretty raw at the minute.  

I am sure your fans might feel the same if a Real Madrid fan managed to find a spurts forum and started posting there about Bale in such a way that spurts should accept 15M or that it was likely to go that way?

Under those circumstances one might consider not posting for a while, or else it looks like continuing to post is actually designed to wind up Villa fans on a Villa fans forum,  and that is against guidelines.

Fine I wont post, but you are all taking your wrath out on the wrong people. You all keep posting comments as if you represent Villa's thinking. But if that's the case instead of having a go at Spurs fans and leaving messages to Levy etc, why don't you tell your own board to do the right thing? 

Surely you should be telling Lerner that Villa should refuse the transfer request, wont sell at any price and that Benteke has 3 years left on his contract, so has little choice in the matter? But you all know that isn't going to happen. Anything of note that has come out via the media is from the Midlands. Villa want to sell Benteke. I don't why that is, maybe it's because he's expressed he wants to leave and therefore would rather not keep him. But make no mistake, Villa could have made it very clear that he wasn't being sold. In fact they didn't even need to confirm he'd handed in a transfer request. All that needed to be said was the Benteke will be a Villa player next season. It wasn't and now from midlands sources we are seeing a £25 million price tag.

I understand why you are annoyed and as i said, I wont post anymore. But in all honesty, you all know the reason this story is so prevalent at the moment is because of Aston Villa. I'm not saying you actively wanted to sell Benteke, but from the moment he informed the club of his desire to leave, the club have not made any real effort to keep this out of the media or discourage suitors. Villa are selling Benteke and it's their choice. They can set a price, but there is no point in criticizing potential buyers if they don't want to pay it. I suspect this post will fall on deaf ears, as being reasonable about things isn't the order of the day around here at the moment (and yes I understand why), but really, don't you think this could have very easily been handled very differently?

Edited by joey55

Fine I wont post, but you are all taking your wrath out on the wrong people. You all keep posting comments as if you represent Villa's thinking. But if that's the case instead of having a go at Spurs fans and leaving messages to Levy etc, why don't you tell your own board to do the right thing? 

Surely you should be telling Lerner that Villa should refuse the transfer request, wont sell at any price and that Benteke has 3 years left on his contract, so has little choice in the matter? But you all know that isn't going to happen. Anything of note that has come out via the media is from the Midlands. Villa want to sell Benteke. I don't why that is, maybe it's because he's expressed he wants to leave and therefore would rather not keep him. But make no mistake, Villa could have made it very clear that he wasn't being sold. In fact they didn't even need to confirm he'd handed in a transfer request. All that needed to be said was the Benteke will be a Villa player next season. It wasn't and now from midlands sources we are seeing a £25 million price tag.

I understand why you are annoyed and as i said, I wont post anymore. But in all honesty, you all know the reason this story is so prevalent at the moment is because of Aston Villa. I'm not saying you actively wanted to sell Benteke, but from the moment he informed the club of his desire to leave, the club have not made any real effort to keep this out of the media or discourage suitors. Villa are selling Benteke and it's their choice. They can set a price, but there is no point in criticizing potential buyers if they don't want to pay it. I suspect this post will fall on deaf ears, as being reasonable about things isn't the order of the day around here at the moment (and yes I understand why), but really, don't you think this could have very easily been handled very differently?

I've read some shit in my time and that is right up there. Are you in a padded cell? what a load of **** cack.

• Like 1

I could have been handled easily if Spurs had operated correctly, instead of 'tapping-up', its funny Spurs and Levy made so much noise about tapping up by Berbatov and Modric, but it's okay when they do the same. Our manager is not prepared to keep a player just for the sake of keeping one, if one expresses a desire to leave, you then get the best fee for your player. We've told you he's for sale at 25million, instead of penny pinching get the money together and we'll gladly sell you him.

To be honest you irritated me with your first post, by saying your fans rate him at 15m, we rate him at 25m, then say a compromise will be made at 16-18mill haha, like we're some small time club, you ain't dealing with Crystal Palace now.

Annoyed me too how he went on to tell us that spurs have sufferd the same kind of thing with berbatov and modric, like we have just been promoted to the prem and this is our first season and these kind of things happen! jog on sweatheart. From platt to benteke we've seen it all.

I was trying to be nice.  I could have said you were being deluded.  But I took the line that it was far better for you to prove that you were,  I feel no satisfaction that you did infact take the opportunity to

• Like 1

How is doubling his wages 10 months into a 4 year contract a lowball offer? Our aim with that was never to compete with other clubs who may or may not want Benteke but to rightfully reward him on a job well done. A 100% pay rise more than does so.

If they feel it's unacceptable they need to look in the mirror. They signed the deal in the first place.

The only players to score more than him in the league were Rvp 235k, Suarez 120k, Bale 135k. 

Now granted there are other players who were near him who were not on such extravagant figures, Lukaku 46k 2 goals behind Benteke, Michu 30k but his deal is heavily incentivised and he gets large appearance fees and goal bonuses one goal behind Benteke, Lambert could not get any info on what roughly he was on since he signed his new deal but there are a lot suggesting he is on a similar set up to Michu with figures of 35k a goal being mentioned again I have no idea of the accuracy. of these findings.

Players to get 18+ goals or assists last year

34 - RVP

28 - Suarez

25 - Bale

24 - Mata

24 - Walcott

23 - Benteke

23 - Carzola

22 - Rooney

21 - Lukaku

20 - Michu

20 - Lambert

20 - Hazard

20 - Podolski

19 - Tevez

18 - Berbatov

18 - Gerrard

Look at the money being forked out there, if we ever want to get back to the upper echelons we simply have to pay, now I agree that 100k a week is steep, but perhaps we could go 50k and big appearance and performance bases bonuses. 

Just back form the pub and I haven't read the preceding three pages so this might have been mentioned but reports have said we offered to double  or triple his wages. 60k a week is not  to be sniffed at is certainly not enough to keep him here for another season.

His agent has done him no favours and I hope he comes to realise this.

Just back form the pub and I haven't read the preceding three pages so this might have been mentioned but reports have said we offered to double  or triple his wages. 60k a week is not  to be sniffed at is certainly not enough to keep him here for another season.

If the Villa did offer 60k, that is as much as Spurs or Arsenal would pay him anyway.

If the Villa did offer 60k, that is as much as Spurs or Arsenal would pay him anyway.

Spurs are apparently offering , at least close to, the 100k he wants. Thats a surprise.

Just re-read my post and    "60k a week is not  to be sniffed at is certainly not enough to keep him here for another season." ... should say is enough to keep him, not "not enough to keep him".

As I said back from the pub and I'm not 100% sober so apologies for typos.

It wouldn't surprise me to still see him here at the start of the season and i think it'd be the best thing for him, and Villa, if he was

Â