Christian Benteke

Kwan

more than likely the transfer fee will be "undisclosed" and the Spurs fans will be on here crowing about how they got him for £50 and a packet of polo's because they are superior to us in every way and we should be grateful we even got the polo mints

Regardless of the fee a sell on clause for when Spurs lose him to a big club would be handy ....

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Spurs have never paid high wages or exorbitant transfer fees, so I'm beginning to doubt that they were the tapping up club. Anyway to risk handing in a transfer request in the belief that Daniel Levy would do the right thing by you, would be naive in the extreme.

Kismet has evidently dissed Chelsea in the last couple of days, which would seem to rule them out, plus vying with three other top strikers for a start would not seem to be a good move in world cup year.

Arsenal still have their eye on Higuain and Man City look to be interested in Negredo. Man U aren't in the market for a striker if Rooney stays.

If Randy holds out for his price as I believe he will that only leaves a very average team with no european football ... Liverpool, who may come in if they get their price for Saurez, although having been bitten by the Carroll fiasco I think our price is way out of their comfort zone.

Where does that leave Benteke and Kismet?  

Edited by villabromsgrove

This Kismet is an evil git, brainwashing Benteke and persuading AVFC to give Benteke a high salary or a move away. Kismet has no remorse and only sees money. I think it is better not to deal with Mr. Kismet anymore and I hope Benteke will be sold. It's pretty much a trap he has layed in front of AVFC. Best option is to sell him. I want him gone!

Edited by SempiternalVillain

Benteke has played into AVFC's hands in reality, one he's damaged an image which he worked hard to build last season. Second, he's put in a request and not one club has made a bid. They honestly thought Villa would reduce the fee with an unhappy player on board, if he does an Odemwingie, it will be goodnight Vienna to his dream of WC football. Hopefully Marc Wilmots has been on the phone to give him some advice as he truly needs it.

Going back to the Barry to Liverpool saga, that whole thing was about much more than money. If we bent over and let Liverpool dictate the price of our player, then that would set a precedent, the transfer out the following season wouldn't have gone so smoothly, neither would we have got the ridiculous sums of money we got for Milner, Downing and Young.. 3 transfers that went quite smoothly. Spurs are being very naive trying to dictate the price to Lerner, as he has shown in the past he will not succumb to being dictated to. It also shows that Aston Villa aren't a pushover when it comes to player sales. We don't need to sell Benteke, and to be honest, I would not be surprised if he's still a Villa player come September the 1st (or whenever the window closes this year!). A large portion of the media (Those not in London), former players and former managers are criticising Benteke and his agent for handing in a transfer request after 11 months, and trying to push through what would be a pointless move. I would be willing to bet that this is a view held throughout the footballing fraternity, and for a player who has previously gone on strike at another club, and now this, most clubs will not touch him with a barge pole, because who is to say nest summer he's going on strike at Spurs, or Arsenal when they don't get into the Champions League, or because he fancies going to Spain because the weather is nicer?

This is a scenario where Aston Villa hold all the cards, not Daniel Levy, Christian Benteke or his self-serving agent..... There's a strong possibility he'll still be here after the window closes on account of his behaviour, and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him until mid September, October in the starting line-up, looking sheepish...

As much as i want him gone...now, i've got a horrible feeling that his transfer may not go through and he will have to come back grovelling saying it was all a mistake he shouldnt have listened to his agent blah blah

Another scenario could be as someone stated earlier that no one goes in for him and he ends up going to a lesser club then anticipated which i could see a move to Turkey or Russia...Benteke take note of the Samba saga with Blackburn a couple of yrs back

This Kismet is an evil git, brainwashing Benteke and persuading AVFC to give Benteke a high salary or a move away. Kismet has no remorse and only sees money. I think it is better not to deal with Mr. Kismet anymore and I hope Benteke will be sold. It's pretty much a trap he has layed in front of AVFC. Best option is to sell him. I want him gone!

Kismet is a sack of shit, no doubt but he couldn't have done a worse job of playing his hand. He has failed to get his client a rise when AVFC were actually offering one. He has made some preposterous statements regarding potential suitors, thus narrowing his options sharply. He has cost his client a payoff if a transfer goes through. His strategy and tactics have been laughable.

As for laying a trap for AVFC, well he might have been trying to be the club have very neatly sidestepped his amateurish, ham-fisted attempts at that and he has left his own client on the edge looking down on the shit smeared punji sticks.

As much as i want him gone...now, i've got a horrible feeling that his transfer may not go through and he will have to come back grovelling saying it was all a mistake he shouldnt have listened to his agent blah blah

Another scenario could be as someone stated earlier that no one goes in for him and he ends up going to a lesser club then anticipated which i could see a move to Turkey or Russia...Benteke take note of the Samba saga with Blackburn a couple of yrs back

I would rather he moved there than to the likes of Spuds or Arsenal.

I see it as a win-win.

- If he leaves we'll get a load of money to strengthen the squad, which is still needed imo.

- If he stays we'll still have a great striker who has the motivation to keep his head down and play well due to the World Cup starting berth up for grabs.

Edited by adz.villa

I would rather he moved there than to the likes of Spuds or Arsenal.

tbf anyone other than spuds or l'pool

Yeah sure we'll drop the asking price so you can afford him. Either Spurs are words removed and have tapped him up, or which is more likely it's a bull shit story.

Talksport

"Tottenham tell Aston Villa to lower Benteke asking price"

Im sorry what? Who the hell do they think they are

Oh, have you not heard? They're a massive club, **** massive.

Â