Christian Benteke

Kwan

Give us Dempsey, Sigurosson, and 20 million Euros for Christian Benteke. If Levy calls us nuts, tell him he will need to look elsewhere for a striker. We don't need to sell Benteke. He won't want to sit in a world cup year so if we don't sell, he will have to play his best or not go to the world cup. 

I would think a bid of £25m may tempt lerner but would hope we can add a sell on clause as well.

As regards players in part ex , we have had our fingers burnt already on that score - straight cash please.

Edited by Eastie

That's just ridiculous CL, sorry - that puts the deal at close to 40 million Euros given what they paid for those two. 

I'd put it closer to 30 million Euros. Sigurosson for 7 and Dempsey for 3. 

Having read today's Sun, it make me laugh that Spurs are offering us the Asso-Ekoto, Parker, Livermore or Huddlestone...they are all the players Spurs don't want...

We shouldn't even consider swapping one of our star players for a player who a team say 'isn't good enough' for them...

The only player I would consider is Dempsey, but his age/wages make me think I would still turn it down...

All te players Spurs are offering don't fit our model, perhaps Livermore aside...they're all on pretty big contracts and they're not spring chickens either....

I'd be happier if Villa just come out and say 'you have until x day to bid, Christian knows this, now everyone knows it, if no bid comes in by then, he WILL NOT be sold at any price'...mainly just to avoid a summer of bullcrap!

I just gave a spurs forum a quick read through and Jesus. They value him between 16-18m what planet these morons on. With the extra tv money that's ridiculous. I hope we take a hard stance at this little saga and that our bottom line is 25m by a certain date. He's agent is a bellend too

I really dislike Benteke with a passion and want him gone ASAP and I'm loving the stance the club have taken with him.

Personally if it were up to me even if the ungrateful w***** ends up staying he would never wear a 1st team shirt again. Yes I know that might be seen a cutting off my nose blah blah but the club needs to show these players that we have some strength otherwise they will keep taking the P.

I would have less anger towards him if as soon as the season finished he had told PL that way he would have had plenty of time to find a suitable replacement for him, I would have still not been happy after 1 season though. Jeez 1 season!

And I thought I couldn't dislike a player more than Hodge how wrong I was!

Didnt we get offered Bale when he was shit?

Blues did

I'd take £25m and this guy who plays on the left wing:

spurs_have_successfully_cloned_gareth_ba

(It's not Bale)

Can't get over how much this kid looks like Bale  :crylaugh:

Poor fella!

**** thats freaky! Maybe Bale's planning on being an evil dictator so is creating doubles!

I don't as such dislike benteke, over the years ive seen this happy so many times i guess I'm used to it - loyalty in football is rare - benteke will do to his next club what he did to villa and genk- greed greed greed.

People on Spurs forums speculating about including Sigurdsson as part of the deal.

Now I don't like swap deals, especially with Ireland, but I can't help but be intrigued about this option, especially with Paul looking for a AMC. I'd probably accept £20m + Sigurdsson.

25m + add ons + Sigurdsson and then maybe.

New Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has hinted the club may be about to announce a new signing in the next 24 hours.

Pellegrini is with the City squad in South Africa for a mini pre-season tour ahead of the Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong - which will be live on Sky Sports.

The Chilean's first match in charge in charge of the Citizens will be against Supersport United in Pretoria on Sunday, followed by another in Durban next Thursday

Pellegrini siad: "We don't know at this moment who is going to come here.

"We are trying to bring the best players into our squad. I am always open to young players, and to good players.

"I don't know if anything will happen before we leave South Africa, but maybe the next day we will have fresh news."

2+2.....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8819956/Transfer-News-Manchester-City-may-sign-a-new-player-in-the-next-24-hours-according-to-Manuel-Pellegrini

New Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has hinted the club may be about to announce a new signing in the next 24 hours.

Pellegrini is with the City squad in South Africa for a mini pre-season tour ahead of the Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong - which will be live on Sky Sports.

The Chilean's first match in charge in charge of the Citizens will be against Supersport United in Pretoria on Sunday, followed by another in Durban next Thursday

Pellegrini siad: "We don't know at this moment who is going to come here.

"We are trying to bring the best players into our squad. I am always open to young players, and to good players.

"I don't know if anything will happen before we leave South Africa, but maybe the next day we will have fresh news."

2+2.....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8819956/Transfer-News-Manchester-City-may-sign-a-new-player-in-the-next-24-hours-according-to-Manuel-Pellegrini

hmmm 20mill + John Guidetti?? that would do.

If he is going to stay in this country Id prefer him to go to City (or Chelsea for that matter) but I cant see it, he wants game time too much,

I have a horrible feeling he will end up at Liverpool!

Â