Christian Benteke

Kwan

The best thing about Benteke is that we really do have a big big player on our hands. When he is on form he is totally unplayable. His current contract means no one can brow beat us or prize him away on the cheap with some derogatory offer. Every Villa fan knows his true value & the rest of the Premiership are only waking up to it.

Would it be the worst thing if Benteke remains at Villa Park?

No. Not for me it wouldn't...............I'd be absolutely delighted to see him terrorising defences in a claret n' blue shirt next season & would welcome him back with open arms.

Can't be doing with any of this rotting away in the reserves nonsense either.

If he stays, he plays, end of.

If/when we sell him I have 100% confidence Lambo will re-invest the money wisely, after all, it was Lambert who spotted Benteke in the first place.

This really is a win, win situation.

Yeah Id prefer Bentekke trying not to score - to Delfonso trying to score !

benteke is worth £30m, but we clearly wont get that, this club cant haggle or be firm, it folds too easily, i really dont think we will get alot for him, probably just a little more than what we paid

:blink: We sold Stewart Downing for £20million.

Stewart Downing for £20million

Downing... £20million!

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

The best thing about Benteke is that we really do have a big big player on our hands. When he is on form he is totally unplayable. His current contract means no one can brow beat us or prize him away on the cheap with some derogatory offer. Every Villa fan knows his true value & the rest of the Premiership are only waking up to it.

Would it be the worst thing if Benteke remains at Villa Park?

No. Not for me it wouldn't...............I'd be absolutely delighted to see him terrorising defences in a claret n' blue shirt next season & would welcome him back with open arms.

Can't be doing with any of this rotting away in the reserves nonsense either.

If he stays, he plays, end of.

If/when we sell him I have 100% confidence Lambo will re-invest the money wisely, after all, it was Lambert who spotted Benteke in the first place.

This really is a win, win situation.

Really good post, I couldn't agree more with all of that!

People on Spurs forums speculating about including Sigurdsson as part of the deal.

Now I don't like swap deals, especially with Ireland, but I can't help but be intrigued about this option, especially with Paul looking for a AMC. I'd probably accept £20m + Sigurdsson.

If he was one of Lamberts targets then great.. but if not.. I want Lambo to go sign the players he wants. So cash only

Yeah, I agree with that completely. Only if Lambert actually values him and the player actually wants to come rather than being forced, like Ireland was.

• Like 1

Â