Kwan

Talksport

"Tottenham tell Aston Villa to lower Benteke asking price"

Im sorry what? Who the hell do they think they are

:crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:

brilliant, am sure Florentino Perez be asking Spurs the same thing 

• Like 3

Carroll went for 15M

Benteke is at least twice the player Carroll is.

If spurts wanted to spend 15M on a striker they should have bid for Carroll.

Personally as Carroll has been transfered the last two times for a combined 50M (staggering when you think of it) then only right that Benteke's last two transfers total 50M 

So he cost us 5M,  he should cost them 45M

Every time they demand the price comes down i'd tell the arrogant **** that it had just gone up 5m

• Like 3

Spurs have never paid high wages or exorbitant transfer fees, so I'm beginning to doubt that they were the tapping up club. Anyway to risk handing in a transfer request in the belief that Daniel Levy would do the right thing by you, would be naive in the extreme.

Kismet has evidently dissed Chelsea in the last couple of days, which would seem to rule them out, plus vying with three other top strikers for a start would not seem to be a good move in world cup year.

Arsenal still have their eye on Higuain and Man City look to be interested in Negredo. Man U aren't in the market for a striker if Rooney stays.

If Randy holds out for his price as I believe he will that only leaves a very average team with no european football ... Liverpool, who may come in if they get their price for Saurez, although having been bitten by the Carroll fiasco I think our price is way out of their comfort zone.

Where does that leave Benteke and Kismet?  

Other countries than England exist. there's a few clubs with big money floating around in France & Germany now, for example. PSG or Monaco maybe (though I think both are well set for strikers as it stands).

Carroll went for 15M

Benteke is at least twice the player Carroll is.

If spurts wanted to spend 15M on a striker they should have bid for Carroll.

Personally as Carroll has been transfered the last two times for a combined 50M (staggering when you think of it) then only right that Benteke's last two transfers total 50M 

So he cost us 5M,  he should cost them 45M

Every time they demand the price comes down i'd tell the arrogant **** that it had just gone up 5m

Swansea just spent 13 mill on a striker with no prem experience

But of course Benteke is only worth 2 million more...

Talksport

That is absolutely laughable. One can only hope that hasn't come from the club themselves or it's also incredibly embarrassing.

Surely everyone can see that Spuds are just Stalking Horses. It's clear they don't have the readies to buy Benteke.  Teams like Arsenal, Chelsea & Man City will wait to discover what our valuation is & cough up without hesitation if they really believe it to be a fair asking price & dependent on how else they fair with their other transfer targets.

Also. as other posters point out there are other richer clubs on the continent who will not baulk at matching that valuation either.

The real game will start the minute a price acceptable to AVFC is reached. Then hopefully it will turn into a bidding war which will be to our benefit.

Bottom line as far as I am concerned is that as long as we get what we are asking for or more then I truly couldn't care less where Benteke ends up.

Talksport

The 3rd biggest club in London tells the biggest club in the midlands to what?

Talksport

Holy shit, this is genius. I should try this when I go shopping at the grocery store.

Me: "How much are these apples?"

Supermarket: "They're $1.50 each"

Me: "Nah, that's too expensive, you have to lower it."

Supermarket: "..."

Levy:"Randy me old muckaa, how are ya?"

Lerner:"Hi Daniel"

Levy"So this Benteke fella, much are ya lookin for?"

Lerner:"£25 million, Daniel"

Levy:"Bloody 'ell! He's not THAT good!"

Lerner:"£25 million and we can start talking"

Levy:"Tell ya what, we can come to a good deal on this..."

Lerner:"£25 mill."

Levy:"Well I'll throw in this Parker lad to sweeten the deal. Great player, few years left in him and he's quick. Let's say Parker and £10 million, eh?"

Lerner:*hangs up phone*

Hoping it goes something like that after getting fleeced a few times by that clearing in the woods.

This is getting more amusing by the minute. I'm just waiting for Little Levy to start whining phrases like "It's not fair! They aren't playing fair! We can't afford it, they're not being fair!" "They didn't pay much for him, they want too much of a mark up, how do they expect me to make a profit later?"

And of course, "They should compromise and help us. We need to be helped and protected".

**** of you slimy word removed.

I think he'd be perfect for Arsenal.  Wouldn't you just love two North London clubs in a bidding war for him and having to satisfy their fans and not lose out to one another!

Perhaps this is how spuds think it should pan out:

Levy: How much? Quick.

Lerner: What?

Levy: He's for the deluded fans.

Lerner: Oh. Uhhh, thirty million quid.

Levy: Right.

Lerner: What?

Levy: There you are, fifteen million.

Lerner: Wait a minute.

Levy: What?

Lerner: Well, we're-- we're supposed to haggle.

Levy: No, no. I've got to get--

Lerner: What do you mean, 'no, no, no'?

Levy: I haven't time. I've got--

Lerner: Well, give him back, then.

Not sure we'd be able to do business with them anyway,  they have that troublesome fax machine if you remember from when Arry was there.  It obviously doesnt send documents properly.

The one for 15M was obviously meant to go somewhere else,  perhaps to sha for Zigic and as it's a birmingham number it **** up

The only thing that would make this even more hilarious is if that Cockney wide boy Redknob was still in charge as Spuds manager.

One thing you would know would be where Benteke was heading because `Arry` always spills the beans on what's going on in the transfer market :P

I wonder if Joe Kinnear has enquired about Benteke yet

he has enquired about Bennett,  same player isn't it?

Or he told Pardew he was going to bid for Bent,  OK?

Edited by Richard

Â