Christian Benteke

Kwan

Something I thought about.  Rumours are that we are not after Austin. Well the noises coming from the club are that we won't be after him. Yet plenty of clubs are an yet he has not moved yet.  Could it all be a game and we will make our move as soon as we let Benteke go? Or am I just bored on a Wednesday afternoon?

I don't get out club sometimes, why wouldn't we be after Austin, he is a proven goalscorer. It's like juninho and Robbie Keane (1st time around) again :(

Something I thought about.  Rumours are that we are not after Austin. Well the noises coming from the club are that we won't be after him. Yet plenty of clubs are an yet he has not moved yet.  Could it all be a game and we will make our move as soon as we let Benteke go? Or am I just bored on a Wednesday afternoon?

I don't get out club sometimes, why wouldn't we be after Austin, he is a proven goalscorer. It's like juninho and Robbie Keane (1st time around) again :(

He's got a hole in his knee apparently. Failed a medical at Hull a couple of years ago, disaster waiting to happen. 

Harsh - If Sherwood and Reilly aren't interested there's obviously good reason. Likely the same reason no other PL team is after him.

He's got a hole in his knee apparently. Failed a medical at Hull a couple of years ago, disaster waiting to happen. 

And they want 15-18 million for him, allegedly.

I wouldn't be surprised if we decided we could get better value elsewhere. That's a lot of money for a guy with one good season in the premier league, from a Championship team, with one year left on his contract.

Harsh - If Sherwood and Reilly aren't interested there's obviously good reason. Likely the same reason no other PL team is after him.

Others are after him though, Leicester bid 12m. There's also been reported interest from Palace and Newcastle.

We should not be replacing Benteke with a £15m potential one season wonder with a whole in his knee.

What about a half knee?

Ha. No idea why I typed whole instead of hole. I don't normally add or leave off letters from words but there you gow.

We should not be replacing Benteke with a £15m potential one season wonder with a whole in his knee.

What about a half knee?
Ha. No idea why I typed whole instead of hole. I don't normally add or leave off letters from words but there you gow.

Haha, and I'm no grammar nazi really... Or particularly good with the English (my native) or any language actually.

Just made me chuckle :)

• Like 1

We sign an unknown player for 7/8 million.

In three years he scores alot of goals.

We sell him for 32.5 million.

Well done everyone.

The model that we want to follow but we complain about. The initial investment has to come from somewhere, hopefully the Benteke money will be used for 3/4 £7-10 million signings who we sell for the same amount in 3 years time. 

Hes played 350 games scoring 216 goals over 9 seasons across different divisions hes been prolific in every division. Average of 38 games and 24 goals per season. Good enough for me. 

Yeah, he's a really very good striker who would be a strong replacement for Benteke. I think the knee issue is the only thing holding everyone back to be honest. 

I think his stats show it isnt an issue. Just precaution which is understandable with a purchase of that magnitude. Would be just Villas luck that it would effect him when he was here.

Genuine question coming up....

In previous seasons, I remember that goal against West Brom and the third against Liverpool where Benteke was in full-on beast mode and created the goals out of nothing. Then there's the assists for Weimann against Man U and Liverpool again.

Can anyone remind me of a Benteke goal from last season that was above and beyond the remit of any good striker? Genuine question, I simply can't recall.

Â