Christian Benteke

Kwan

Anyone tell me are player transfers subject to VAT? I'd imagine we'd have more than enough losses to cover any CT on any sales at this stage but would CB's transfer be subject to VAT?

Is this as low and desperate for money supporting this club has got? Worrying about VAT on transfers :(

• Like 4

Anyone tell me are player transfers subject to VAT? I'd imagine we'd have more than enough losses to cover any CT on any sales at this stage but would CB's transfer be subject to VAT?

Is this as low and desperate for money supporting this club has got? Worrying about VAT on transfers :(

To be fair I'm trying to specialize in tax so I've a passion for it. :P

• Like 2

There's a delay in the signing due to a technical hitch - they need to measure Benteke up for a Shell Suit - Wig and Moustache and show him how to steal hubcaps and dip into dustbins.

• Like 4

I'll really miss him if I'm honest, even when we were playing really crap I could hold onto the hope that at least benteke is awesome.

Weimann_Overhead.gif ha, he's like a brick wall.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

I am dreading the Liverpool fans bleating on about how they "made" Benteke when he performs well.

Some of my Liverpool supporting work mates still try to classify Sterling as a Liverpool youth system product even though they nicked him off QPR at 15.

I think if there had been no buyout clause he'd have gone for no more than £25m.

So the 2 scenarios are :

i) With the buyout clause, he goes to a club that most of us hate, but Villa get £32.5m.

ii) Without the buyout clause, he goes to a CL club that we prefer over redscouse, but Villa get £25m.

I think given our current lot, I'd have to bury my own prejudices and go with option one, but I do so begrudgingly.

• Like 4

I am dreading the Liverpool fans bleating on about how they "made" Benteke when he performs well.

Some of my Liverpool supporting work mates still try to classify Sterling as a Liverpool youth system product even though they nicked him off QPR at 15.

Sort of like we do with Gareth Barry, right?

• Like 1

Looks like they are, jesus no wonder, people are saying we won't have a net spend of £20m, so take VAT off, take off 10% to Benteke, Genk's share and what are we left with.

The VAT will be added to the £32.5m as both Aston Villa and Liverpool will be VAT registered.

You say you are studying this stuff? ;)

Ah ya sorry I'm half asleep today, to be fair I'm in Ireland and there's not much £300k transfers not to mind £30m.

• Like 1

I think if there had been no buyout clause he'd have gone for no more than £25m.

So the 2 scenarios are :

i) With the buyout clause, he goes to a club that most of us hate, but Villa get £32.5m.

ii) Without the buyout clause, he goes to a CL club that we prefer over redscouse, but Villa get £25m.

I think given our current lot, I'd have to bury my own prejudices and go with option one, but I do so begrudgingly.

I'm 100% with you on this BOF. Unfortunately it is the exact opposite with Delph, but obviously if there was no clause he'd have gone for free.

Sort of like we do with Gareth Barry, right?

If you say so.

I have to tip my hat to the team behind the scenes, including Randy, for sticking out for the full wedge. Real shame to see him go but he is honestly, for me, the best player I have ever seen in our shirt. For that I am proud, grateful and will also continue to give Christian my full support whenever I see him play.

He is a special individual that has all the attribute it takes to get to the top of the game, we had a few mishaps, mistakes and a few shaky moments, but I blame his agent and also his immaturity being a young man in a new climate trying to attain his own ambitions. I think now he is a different man; he has ensured we got a healthy profit from his sale by allowing such a clause to be placed in his contract, he gives his all on and off the pitch, he has developed as a player and as a man.

When he comes back to Villa Park as in a different shirt, I hope our own fans get behind him and sing him his song. 

Christian, The Big Man, The Beast - I, for one, will never forget him.

• Like 3

So the 2 scenarios are :

Option 1 always for me (provided that we spend the money - or at least 75%+ of it - on replacing him).

Edited by NulliSecundus

So the 2 scenarios are :

why on earth would we have bothered selling him for 25m ?

Â