Christian Benteke

Kwan

Am I the only one who hasn't seen any actual news yet? Just more media speculation. Until someone actually makes a real bid then as far as I'm concerned there is still nothing new to see here. 

• Like 1

One of the strangest transfer sagas I can remember, this is about the 3rd time betting has been stopped and he's joining Liverpool, yet nothing official ever comes from it, the media have done a superb job of selling him, as of yet we haven't had anything off either club confirming a bid has gone in or been rejected, it's pure speculation, but so many villa fans are convinced he's going that we're every bit as bad at perpetuating it as anyone else!

• Like 2

He may want to go to Liverpool and fair enough its his call but I can't bring myself to read anymore of the plop fans saying he is not good enough for them. It makes me want to smash things.

• Like 3

Let's face it, whoever we get will be disappointing. His name will be "not Benteke".

I don't think it does have to be seen as a huge disappointment although I can fully understand why some would feel that way.

We have lost big players before, players that were responsible for scoring the bulk of our goals and still kicked on and I believe we will now. When Yorke left for an at the time very big fee we spent that 12 mill on Dublin and Merson and really kicked on the following season. When Platt left again we spent that money well and kicked on.

Of course just because it has worked out before doesn't mean it will again but I think the club has the people in place now that will see us reinvest wisely. Whether that sees us bring in someone to replace Benteke's goals on their own I am not so sure but I am confident that as a team we will score more goals without Benteke as I can see them being more spread across the team.

Benteke was always going to leave at some point and I don't think this is a bad time for us for him to go. We have a new manager who wants to bring in his own players and imprint his own style of play onto the team and this money will help him to do that.

• Like 4

Am I the only one who hasn't seen any actual news yet? Just more media speculation. Until someone actually makes a real bid then as far as I'm concerned there is still nothing new to see here.

What's different is it's in The Times and Liverpool Echo, reliable sources.

I am not saying anything until the bloke signs for them after the Delph incident. If he does leave us for 32 million then the best of luck to him as we would have made a massive profit and he has been easily our best striker since the O'Neill years. In all honesty I thought he was going to leave us 2 years ago so he has stayed longer than I expected.

• Like 1

The ignorance of Liverpool fans slating Benteke it really is disgusting, at least he knew he was loved at Villa and the main man, if he doesn't start well the knives will be out very quickly, all the best Benteke but I'll be sick to see you play for those.

People on Twitter including Pete Colley are saying he is still in Portugal and no bid has been made

But the Belgian reporter said it's a done deal! But twitter!!

So you're believing people on Twitter over people on Twitter

• Like 1

According to the Express last night Liverpool had begun talks with a striker from AC Milan. Not sure how many strikers they need. Probably controversial opinion but I wouldn't mind Balotelli on loan, I think he's someone who Sherwood could probably get the best out of.

Â