Christian Benteke

Kwan

Why don't we just offer him 4 years and 100k a week.  We have to folk out no transfer fee, the system suits him, the team plays to his strengths.  What have Liverpool got to offer in excess of this, I can only see Champs league being a big draw and I can't see Liverpool getting that, particularly as they appear to have spunked the Suarez money on a load of rubbish.

Bent will be off the books, offer him that in addtion to his currrent salary and then the Liverpool offer doesn't look great, particulalry when they react to people wanting to leave like Sterling.

If I was Benteke, I certainly would not be going to Liverpool, even if they were the only option.  I'd sooner run down my Contract at Villa until a guaranteed Champions League club wanted me.

Edited by zapbranny

Liverpool would be a side-step, it could also be argued that a move there would be a step backwards for his development too. Benny do not throw away what you have with us, you will regret it (see Stewart Downing for reference).

Liverpool would be a side-step

They're 7 points off Man Utd right now with their highest scoring striker on 4. Both they and Benteke (I'm sure) would reckon that adding him to it would be worth 25+ goals a season, which in turn could equate to an additional 8-14 points over the course of the 38 games.

We all go on here about how great Benteke is, and that Liverpool are shit and not a CL side, but Liverpool PLUS Benteke would almost certainly be a CL side, unfortunately. He's that good.

• Like 2

They're 7 points off Man Utd right now with their highest scoring striker on 4. Both they and Benteke (I'm sure) would reckon that adding him to it would be worth 25+ goals a season, which in turn could equate to an additional 8-14 points over the course of the 38 games.

We all go on here about how great Benteke is, and that Liverpool are shit and not a CL side, but Liverpool PLUS Benteke would almost certainly be a CL side, unfortunately. He's that good.

Benteke would go backwards at that poisonous club. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Would he alone make them better than Chelsea, City, Arsenal or Man Utd (after they've spent £150m this summer) though?

Some sites are carrying reports from Belgium that he won't push for a move to Liverpool but I doubt our press would find that news worthy. Why would a striker who scores one in two push for a move to a team that isn't in the champions league and won't be challenging for the title any time soon. Liverpool are in turmoil with Sterling and that after losing Suarez last year and Gerrard this one.

• Like 2

Would he alone make them better than Chelsea, City, Arsenal or Man Utd (after they've spent £150m this summer) though?

No especially if they loose Sterling but I figure Liverpool will spend big again.  I don't think Gerrard will be such a big loss. More of a hindrance having him there. 

Edited by PaulC

Losing Gerrard is a positive. They no longer have him hanging around and Rodgers worrying about having to find room for the "icon" who has become a liability.

To be fair Benteke with a fit Sturridge would be formidable but Liverpool are such a shitbox of a club, massively entitled despite endless failure. They're Spurs with a better history.

Anyone who says going to Liverpool is going sideways is deluded imo. That being said he could do so much better

That is your opinion, but we could be playing in all of the same competitions as them next season so how is moving there a step up?

Needs to be made aware that if he goes to Liverpool then his next move will have to be aboard, thus due to Liverpool's refusal of selling their best player to big English clubs.

Torres?

(I'm guessing Sterling to Man City soon)

Said Big clubs!  ;)

Who knows. He'll think it will and they'll think it will

Anyone who says going to Liverpool is going sideways is deluded imo. That being said he could do so much better

That is your opinion, but we could be playing in all of the same competitions as them next season so how is moving there a step up?

Look at the table over the last 5 years

Benteke would go backwards at that poisonous club. 

Suarez did alright when they were built around him

Â