Christian Benteke

Kwan

We won't sell him for huge money if he stays for another season.

Next summer he'll only have a year on his contract so any fee will be diminished. If he keeps up this form it'll still be a lot of money, bu it won't be 30-40 million as some are suggesting.

That's why, even though I don't want it to happen, I think financially speaking it would make the most sense to sell him this summer. 2 years on his contract and in great form. it would be a huge fee.

I'd still rather keep him though :)

But he'd arguably be worth more than the difference on the field to us, keeping him for another year.

messi aguero Suarez are the pinnacle of strikers. Benteke is in the tier 2 bracket i.e cavani, giroud, benzema, baca, lacazerte, rooney. I would argue benteke would outscore all of them.

Benteke 1 more season plz then go for 45m +

Baca?

messi aguero Suarez are the pinnacle of strikers. Benteke is in the tier 2 bracket i.e cavani, giroud, benzema, baca, lacazerte, rooney. I would argue benteke would outscore all of them.

Baca?

Bacca plays for Sevilla

We won't sell him for huge money if he stays for another season.

Next summer he'll only have a year on his contract so any fee will be diminished. If he keeps up this form it'll still be a lot of money, bu it won't be 30-40 million as some are suggesting.

That's why, even though I don't want it to happen, I think financially speaking it would make the most sense to sell him this summer. 2 years on his contract and in great form. it would be a huge fee.

I'd still rather keep him though  :)

But he'd arguably be worth more than the difference on the field to us, keeping him for another year.

I doubt it.

The difference in prize money between 16th (assuming that's about where we will finish this season) and 8th (about as high as we can reasonably expect to finish next season, imo) is about £9 million.

The fee we'd get for him would fall by at least that amount in my opinion. That's before you go into the possibility of his fee dropping if his form failed to stay as high as it is now.

if you're talking about the difference between getting relegated and staying up then I'd agree, but next season I don't think we'll have to rely on Benteke to keep us up.

Again, just to clarify, I'd rather we kept him, despite all that!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I think we just need Tom Fox to squeeze as much money as we possibly can out of whoever comes in with the cash. Such a shame, but hey ho.

I think I'm more down on the fact that the main club who will target him is likely to be Liverpool  :angry:

Baca?
Bacca plays for Sevilla
Oh yea only seen him on FIFA tbh, is he any good in real life, how many goals this season?

but if villa gave him a extra year deal (3 year) £100k a week which is the going rate for his status & goals etc,it will give villa a better deal next year on a sale price next year

by giving CB a pay rise & keeping his on board for another season it will give the club/manager a better chance of keeping the club in the "promised land" ,

• Like 2

If we sold him I'd love to get Ings and Austin as replacements. Ings would be on a free but unfortunately with Austin being English we'll probably have to pay something ridiculous like 20 million for him

Hasn't Bacca got a  €30m buy out clause and thats a lot for a 28 year old with no sell on value. Great striker but beyond us I think. Isn't there another young Belgium striker around we could buy. Austin wouldn't come cheap. 

Hasn't Bacca got a  €30m buy out clause and thats a lot for a 28 year old with no sell on value. Great striker but beyond us I think. Isn't there another young Belgium striker around we could buy. Austin wouldn't come cheap. 

There is a young Belgian striker at Brugges. Obbi Oulare

Benteke is loving his football at the minute and unless a top top team comes in for him I don't think he'll go. Liverpool aren't good enough for him and there's not many that are. He would need to go to a title challenging team and I can't see one coming in for him this year. If he did go and we got new owners we could have a massive war chest because of the way amortisation works. I think he'll stay and hopefully sign a new deal with the understanding we will listen to offers next year if he wants to leave. He's happy here and with the euros next year he might not want to be unsettled going into them.

• Like 1

Â