Christian Benteke

Kwan

Is he better than Benzema then?

I don't rate Benzema at all so I would say Yes, cant believe Madrid haven't haven't gone out and got a better striker over the last few years.

Benteke wont agree to go somewhere to sit on the bench and anyone paying £35m apart from Man City won't just buy him to not play him. He is good enough for a CL club and if one comes knocking he will take it. I don't think it being a year before the Euros will bother him. If someone like Dortmund/Athletico/Arsenal/Juve etc come knocking I reckon he will be confident in his own ability to move to one of them and bang in goals like he does here.

Just checked it: 99 games, 49 goals

I've checked in with acknowledged expert BOF and his All time villa scorers chart (see the Hall of Fame forum) and he has Benteke down as starting the season with 34 - today was his 15th of the season, which means that the people who've got it wrong are the people who make our match day programme. That's disappointing.

Is he better than Benzema then?

Not sure. Think he would score more goals. Give him a full and fit season in the premier league and he will score 30+, could you see Benzema doing that for a (hopefully) mid table club?

He's a unit and a goalscorer. New deal please, or I want to see £50m.

• Like 1

Benzema doesn't even have a 1 in 2 goal rate for Madrid which doesn't look good considering how bad the defending is in Spain.

I don't particularly rate Benzema much but I think the way Madrid set up he isn't necessarily there to score goals, as crazy as that sounds. I honestly think he is there to bully defenders and create space for Ronaldo.

Give the lad a mega deal on the understanding he can go for gazillions to one of the big Euro contenders next year. I'd just love to see what TS can get out of him with a full season.

One more year! I want to see Benteke play in a Villa team set up for his strengths. I think he could hit 25-30 goals if he stays injury free

Edited by Xela

One more year! I want to see Benteke play in a Villa team set up for his strengths. I think he could hit 25-30 goals if he stays injury free

Easily. Pretty much the only times in his Villa career where he hasn't been banging them in regularly for us (barring that first couple of months after he signed) was when he's been injured or unfit.

Benzema doesn't even have a 1 in 2 goal rate for Madrid which doesn't look good considering how bad the defending is in Spain.

I don't particularly rate Benzema much but I think the way Madrid set up he isn't necessarily there to score goals, as crazy as that sounds. I honestly think he is there to bully defenders and create space for Ronaldo.

This, exactly. The reason why he, unlike others, hasn't been replaced by someone more glamorous is that his ugliness allows the most glamorous to succeed. That's the point. 

If he stays fit and we continue to play to his strengths I think he will be in the running for the golden boot next season.  Realistically I don't think we can expect to keep him more than another season.  Especially if he performs well in the euros.

It was mentioned on the radio that he has a 32 million buy out in his contract, can that be true? Really hope not.

I think it depends on whether we plan to replace him with two loanees from the same club.

• Like 2

messi aguero Suarez are the pinnacle of strikers. Benteke is in the tier 2 bracket i.e cavani, giroud, benzema, baca, lacazerte, rooney. I would argue benteke would outscore all of them.

Benteke 1 more season plz then go for 45m +

We won't sell him for huge money if he stays for another season.

Next summer he'll only have a year on his contract so any fee will be diminished. If he keeps up this form it'll still be a lot of money, bu it won't be 30-40 million as some are suggesting.

That's why, even though I don't want it to happen, I think financially speaking it would make the most sense to sell him this summer. 2 years on his contract and in great form. it would be a huge fee.

I'd still rather keep him though :)

Â