Christian Benteke

Kwan

Didn't Sherwood say he is going nowhere in the summer ?

Yes and no, he said he doesn't think anyone will match our valuation but if they did and he wanted to go then he wouldn't stop him.

Players like Christian, strikers in particular, come around once every decade. It'd be a genuine shame to see him go. Obviously I understand why though.

The sad thing is at his age if he stayed on, we could properly build around him now and challenge/win as much as he will with Liverpool.

Once we win the FA Cup we will have won more than Liverpool will during the rest of Benteke's career.  ;)

Bit of a head scratcher, this Liverpool link. Chelsea or Arsenal would seem the most likely destinations, and they can offer Champions League. He will regret a Liverpool move. 

Articles about Liverpool sells papers generates clicks on the internet (at least in Sweden)

Clicks sells commercials...

Who needs truth or facts

• Like 1

Why would he have to force through a move if Sherwood has already said he can go if he wants?    All Liverpool have to do is match our valuation of him which I'd hope is at least £35m then we just gotta hope that someone else shows an interest and a transfer battle occurs leading to us getting extra £££.   Saying all that I'd much rather we pay him the £100k p/w and give him a longer contract and he stays for next season. 

Leave a team on the up, to join a team on the way down?

Can't see him going to Plop tbh, i mean they are struggling to keep some of the only decent players they have.  IF we get taking over, then i can't see him leaving, but if he does go, £40m minimum imho, and we sign Berahino, Austin, and at least 2 more.

I think we need to get real:-

• Liverpool currently have a better squad than us
  • They are likley to spend more than us this summer
  • They are unlikley to be involved in a relegation batlle next season.

Personally I think he can do better, but if no one else comes in then Liverpool it will be.

Personally I think he can do better, but if no one else comes in then Liverpool it will be.

None of those are really massive game changers when it comes to making the decision to move for me.

Do they compete regularly in the Champions League? No

Are they in with a shout of winning the league? No

Those two are far more relevant questions.

If Benteke thinks as highly of himself as we do he'll be looking for clubs where the answer to the previous questions are yes.

• Like 1

Depending on how things shake out with regards to new ownership/more funds, he could be persuaded to sign a long term deal. Seems to be enjoying his football under Sherwood...if he we make a big signing or two to show some ambition, he might just stick around. Wishful thinking, I know. 

Also agree with people who say they'd gladly let him leave on a free in two years. Are two more years of Benteke worth 35m at current wages? I'd say so.

None of those are really massive game changers when it comes to making the decision to move for me.

Do they compete regularly in the Champions League? No

Are they in with a shout of winning the league? No

Those two are far more relevant questions.

If Benteke thinks as highly of himself as we do he'll be looking for clubs where the answer to the previous questions are yes.

Depends on how happy he is at villa. If 100k pw and the prospect of no relegation battle are dangled by Liverpool, and no one else comes in, I think he will take it. He gets regular football at currently a better team.

You keep saying '... and no-one else comes in' which is very hypothetical.  If Liverpool are somehow the only club interested in him at the end of the footballing scale then they do indeed have a hope in hell of getting him.  I'm just very confident that they won't be the only ones.

You keep saying '... and no-one else comes in' which is very hypothetical.  If Liverpool are somehow the only club interested in him at the end of the footballing scale then they do indeed have a hope in hell of getting him.  I'm just very confident that they won't be the only ones.

Yes sure, Chelsea could come in, but might not get the regular starting place. Liverpool looks the best option if he want to retain the 'Big Fish in a small pond' status.

Sad as it is a move Liverpool still appeals.

Yes sure, Chelsea could come in, but might not get the regular starting place. Liverpool looks the best option if he want to retain the 'Big Fish in a small pond' status.

He's good enough to be the top man in a better team. Man united would suit.

Yes he isn't going to play up front with Costa it just would look odd. And Costa would be first pick so he'd just replace Remy on the bench. 

Honestly don't think Villa will do a exchange on this, they were pretty clear with Spurs on it too. The fee will be in line with Bony/Lukaku. Honestly don't think Liverpool will be able to afford him. It also depends on how hard CB pushes for a move.

Â