Christian Benteke

Kwan

Liverpool a club in decline

Benteke a player on the up destined for great things

Yes makes perfect sense for him to go and play for those chumps....

People need to get out of the mindset that he'll see a move as his final move. A transfer to Liverpool for Benteke is just another stepping stone. They're higher profile, get more coverage, have more fans and he's more likely to get a move to a really big club from them than from us. That's just the way of the world

I don't think so to be honest. I think it'd help him move to a massive club, showing that he can, on face value, be something other than a big fish in a small pond

Aston Villa are on the up, destined for greater things.

We won't finish ahead of Liverpool in the next 3 seasons, and those season are likely all Benteke will care about, because he'll be off somewhere else by then

People might not like them but Liverpool will always be there or thereabouts in terms of challenging for honours. Not that I think that Benteke should join them (I think he can do better) for us to challenge them in the near future we'd have to be doing incredibly well.

Benteke at Liverpool might turn them into a really top club.

We won't finish ahead of Liverpool in the next 3 seasons

I don't think that's an absolute certainty. With Benteke in the side, and not in theirs at least. Also provided the takeover isn't a total mess. Swansea City came within 6 points of Liverpool this season. I don't think we're beyond Swansea City potentially in the next three years, should things go very very well. And I think Liverpool's trajectory is only in one direction at the moment.

Unless we get taken over by multi billionaires and FFP get's thrown out of the window I can't see us challenging Liverpool in the league anytime soon, we've been battling relegation for five seasons, only last year Liverpool got quite close to winning the title.

Unless we get taken over by multi billionaires and FFP get's thrown out of the window I can't see us challenging Liverpool in the league anytime soon, we've been battling relegation for five seasons, only last year Liverpool got quite close to winning the title.

10378931_869184783104665_389659982401523

Which suggests that they're only one player away from challenging for the title again. Not sure how many players it would take for us to challenge but a lot more than one, even if that one was Suarez.

Liverpool are a million miles off. They lost Saurez, Sturridge is out for 6 months, Gerrard (their top scorer) has left and Sterling will leave.

They require a complete new rebuild. They need 2 strikers in, not one.

Whatever Sterling goes for, that should be the starting point for Benteke. Is there anyone on here who would prefer Sterling in their starting line up to Benteke?

Liverpool are a million miles off. They lost Saurez, Sturridge is out for 6 months, Gerrard (their top scorer) has left and Sterling will leave.

They require a complete new rebuild. They need 2 strikers in, not one.

Whatever Sterling goes for, that should be the starting point for Benteke. Is there anyone on here who would prefer Sterling in their starting line up to Benteke?

No chance! 

Think he's a decent player but would much prefer Benteke over him

Which suggests that they're only one player away from challenging for the title again. Not sure how many players it would take for us to challenge but a lot more than one, even if that one was Suarez.

What I was initially going to say was that Benteke could go to Liverpool and completely rejuvenate them, but I figured I'd rather think about him staying here and spearheading our revival.

Suarez is an £80 million player though. And they also had a decent Gerrard that year, rather than the old sock that's on the way to the MLS. Mr Liverpool. It'll take a while to get that sort of talismanic presence back in the dressing room. And Sterling is off. 

Liverpool have been shelled in the past two seasons and indeed need an overhaul. There'll be other players there looking at the exit with Sterling and Gerrard gone and Sturridge crocked.

Edited by YLN
  • Like 1

I'm confusing myself now, basically I think we'd have to be doing wonderfully well to challenge Liverpool in terms of league position over the next few years (hopefully new owners might help with that) But despite that I think Benteke can do better than Liverpool, he's good enough to play for someone like Chelsea or Real Madrid and they're rich enough to pay for him.

• Like 1

We all agree that Liverpool would not be a good move for CB. It's a big step up from Villa regardless. Maybe if we were in say Spurs' situation we could say that it would be a sideways move. Yes we obviously have the potential to be in the same bracket as Spurs but at the moment we are still a way of that.

Edited by Arj Guy

I don't think it would be a bad move for him at all to be honest. It'd raise his profile considerably

*edit*

To clarify: he's too good for Liverpool IMO, but I don't think he'll get into that next level of clubs without playing for someone of their size first. Barca sure as hell aren't going to sign a guy for 40m from Aston Villa, but they'd probably pay 60 for the same guy from Liverpool after a season there

Edited by P3te

I don't think it would be a bad move for him at all to be honest. It'd raise his profile considerably

*edit*

To clarify: he's too good for Liverpool IMO, but I don't think he'll get into that next level of clubs without playing for someone of their size first. Barca sure as hell aren't going to sign a guy for 40m from Aston Villa, but they'd probably pay 60 for the same guy from Liverpool after a season there

You're right in a way. But I think if he was to leave he would be far better off going to Man Utd for example (which is a realistic move). Therefore going to Liverpool would be a poor decision imo Edited by Arj Guy

It will be scandalous if we sell for less than 50 million.

How could anyone possibly value Sterling higher? I guess it's just needing a certain amount of English players in the squad that raises his value a bit.

Â