Christian Benteke

Kwan

Can't see him going to Roma, realistically the 4th/5th (level with Lazio) 'biggest' team in a much inferior league. 

I hope he goes abroad, although apart from Athletico i'm not sure who he could really go to?

Edited by avfcwills10

Hold on, last week I thought he wasn't going anywhere and now this?

Now nothing, no story. These chaps are just following the VT rule: If a player is too good to be "Championship level at best", then all discussion about him must be based around obsessing over who's about to buy him from us and how soon.

:S

...or I just mentioned what 'sky sources' had said, and we had a few related comments after that.

Liverpool fans are a dangerous mix of thick and deluded.

Here's my 'best of'

There's about 20-30 strikers I'd rather see Liverpool sign than Benteke

He then tried to name them

Jack Tully ‏@JackTully1991  11s

12 seconds agoView translation

@SAGW1991 Lacazette, Icardi, Vietto, Dybala, Aubameyang, Jovetic, Tevez Griezmann, Bacca, Walcott, Falcao, Martinez, Pedro, Firmino...

Dzeko, Cavani, Menez, Hernandez, Lavezzi, Falcao, Reus etc etc

Regi ‏@Red_Regi  1m

If we spend £32m on Benteke I think it's time for me to sign the divorce papers from the sport

If we sign Benteke I really might have an aneurism

£30m for Benteke is an absolute stupidity.

@Kolology Isn't Ings our Aspas 2.0? Benteke is the new Balotelli. Lambert to stay. Happy days.

@lfc_family If we sign Benteke, I will officially start supporting Chelsea

My God we have another Andy Carroll case. #LFC #Benteke

Jake Dulcamara ‏@Jake_Dulcamara_  1m

Bet there's a strong correlation between people think think Benteke would be a good signing and those thought Lovren would be.

Don't know where the reports have came from but if we're genuinely considering spunking 32m on Benteke I think I'll give next season a miss

Don't know if the Benteke story has legs, but it's already depressing me. *sigh*

If Balotelli was a bad buy for us at 16m, imagine how bad the technically inferior Benteke would be for 32m.

Regardless of all of Marios problems this season, he is still a far more talented player than **** Benteke

Ethan Rogers ‏@BRFCEthan  19m

If we sign Benteke I'm done with Liverpool. End of.

@Moley_LFCDT On a serious note mate, I don't think Benteke has half as much talent as Balotelli.

£35M for Benteke, his not even half the player Suarez is... Good squad player at best #LFC

Cannot believe Benteke is actually seen by some as a top class striker. He's terrible.

@IconicUnited at least he has pace and movement, stuff that we need for our attackers, not a big slow striker like Benteke

£32 million for Benteke? Oh, my God, don't, just don't. If they do that, might as well bring back Hodgson, **** it.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

Liverpool fans are a dangerous mix of thick and deluded.

Here's my 'best of'

There's about 20-30 strikers I'd rather see Liverpool sign than Benteke

He then tried to name them

Jack Tully ‏@JackTully1991  11s

12 seconds agoView translation

@SAGW1991 Lacazette, Icardi, Vietto, Dybala, Aubameyang, Jovetic, Tevez Griezmann, Bacca, Walcott, Falcao, Martinez, Pedro, Firmino...

Dzeko, Cavani, Menez, Hernandez, Lavezzi, Falcao, Reus etc etc

Regi ‏@Red_Regi  1m

If we spend £32m on Benteke I think it's time for me to sign the divorce papers from the sport

If we sign Benteke I really might have an aneurism

£30m for Benteke is an absolute stupidity.

@Kolology Isn't Ings our Aspas 2.0? Benteke is the new Balotelli. Lambert to stay. Happy days.

@lfc_family If we sign Benteke, I will officially start supporting Chelsea

My God we have another Andy Carroll case. #LFC #Benteke

Jake Dulcamara ‏@Jake_Dulcamara_  1m

Bet there's a strong correlation between people think think Benteke would be a good signing and those thought Lovren would be.

Don't know where the reports have came from but if we're genuinely considering spunking 32m on Benteke I think I'll give next season a miss

Don't know if the Benteke story has legs, but it's already depressing me. *sigh*

If Balotelli was a bad buy for us at 16m, imagine how bad the technically inferior Benteke would be for 32m.

Regardless of all of Marios problems this season, he is still a far more talented player than **** Benteke

Ethan Rogers ‏@BRFCEthan  19m

If we sign Benteke I'm done with Liverpool. End of.

@Moley_LFCDT On a serious note mate, I don't think Benteke has half as much talent as Balotelli.

£35M for Benteke, his not even half the player Suarez is... Good squad player at best #LFC

Cannot believe Benteke is actually seen by some as a top class striker. He's terrible.

@IconicUnited at least he has pace and movement, stuff that we need for our attackers, not a big slow striker like Benteke

£32 million for Benteke? Oh, my God, don't, just don't. If they do that, might as well bring back Hodgson, **** it.

Most of them also claim he is injury-prone.

They dont have a clue.

If the only real interest is from Plop, I hope he reads what their fans think of him. Would be mad to go somewhere he's thought of so lowly, especially when they have no chance of winning the league and slim chances of Champions League. Would be better off staying a year and then going to actual title challengers like Utd or Chelsea.

Those twitter comments are a sure sign that we'd be selling him too early.

Hopefully by the time we sell him the lucky club's fans will be drooling. Best price that way...

Nah, luckily for most clubs they're not run by fans that judge every player they know from what they've seen on MotD, FIFA, FM and Sky Sports. If a club seriously wants him I'm sure they'd be willing to stump up a fair wedge of cash.

And considering that Plop fans like to go on about "5 times", Shankly etc., they've got very short memories considering Benteke ripped them a new one just a few weeks ago and has done every time he's played at Anfield :P

Those twitter comments are a sure sign that we'd be selling him too early.

Hopefully by the time we sell him the lucky club's fans will be drooling. Best price that way...

Nah, luckily for most clubs they're not run by fans that judge every player they know from what they've seen on MotD, FIFA, FM and Sky Sports. If a club seriously wants him I'm sure they'd be willing to stump up a fair wedge of cash.

And considering that Plop fans like to go on about "5 times", Shankly etc., they've got very short memories considering Benteke ripped them a new one just a few weeks ago and has done every time he's played at Anfield :P

Haha, yeah although the memories might be longer than we think, and a reason they don't like him.

But I do think it's easier for a lot of clubs to spend big on a player if the fans are excited to see him come in. The fans are always judging a player by his price tag anyway, so spending big money on a player the fans don't want can go wrong.

Benteke described as "terrible" fmd

I get that Liverpool fans think that they deserve one of the top few strikers in the world and should be targeting the likes of Suarez and Ibrahimovic and Aguero.

But terrible? Jesus Christ.

It will be one of the worst days in my life as an Aston Villa supporter if we sell him to **** Liverpool.

Haha someone needs to drop that post right on Benteke's twitter page let him read it.

Who have those doughnuts been watching. Benteke has scored 5 times in 6 games vs. Plop. After that very first game they caught a glimpse (3-1 at Anfield under Lambert) of Tekkers, if I was an opposing fan id be thinking OMG what a sick player id love someone like that who could just bowl through a defence leaving players clueless on how to stop him.

They should have divorced themselves from the game when they saw their current frontline consists of Borini, Rickie Lambert and Balotelli. Haha what a ridiculous fanbasw they have

Haha someone needs to drop that post right on Benteke's twitter page let him read it.

Who have those doughnuts been watching. Benteke has scored 5 times in 6 games vs. Plop. After that very first game they caught a glimpse (3-1 at Anfield under Lambert) of Tekkers, if I was an opposing fan id be thinking OMG what a sick player id love someone like that who could just bowl through a defence leaving players clueless on how to stop him.

They should have divorced themselves from the game when they saw their current frontline consists of Borini, Rickie Lambert and Balotelli. Haha what a ridiculous fanbasw they have

If they signed him they'd be talking about winning the title within about 10 seconds

• Like 3

Â