Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think every one should just blank all talk of Benteke leaving. He is our star player and we all know the media hate good players being at any club other than a select few so we will get virtually daily links from now on. One thing we as a club never do is sell cheap so IF and I think it's a big if he goes we will have a lot of money to reinvest. Hopefully we win Saturday and then with safety assured the takeover gathers pace and we can show the ambition that'll make Benteke and others want to stay.

Liverpool fans are some of the biggest idiots going ..completely deluded

The argument is less anyway , if he goes he going to champs league club he not going to go to a club in Europa league.I also doubt they can afford him , there no Suarez money for them to spend this season.

Those twitter comments seem to be from people who are rating Benteke based on Villa's league position.

Not, you know, the actual player himself. If they'd have watched him at all over the last couple of months they'd be chomping at the bit to sign him. I have a Liverpool supporting friend who would love to have Benteke. 

I guarantee you if he was playing for a more successful team they'd be creaming themselves at the prospect.

Edited by Phumfeinz

32 mil for Benteke would be a great piece of business. It would allow Sherwood to shape the squad however he liked if allowed to reinvest. Barring a major post takeover cash influx our realistic ambition for next season would be to finish around 8th-12th. We don't need Benteke for that, he's too good for 8th-12th. 32 mil invested in the squad would be better long term.

• Like 1

1. there's no logical argument you could give that would convince me Benteke is the solution to liverpool's striking problems.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    Follow
    More

2. @_wangwe 4th most goals in the last 3 seasons behind RVP, Suarez and Aguero in a persistent relegation threatened side #logicbomb

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

.@sagw1991 Austin and Ings scored plenty of goals too, their teams have been relegated do you see where i'm heading with this?

They're not the brightest bunch are they?

Also this.

Michael @michael20corson

@DietmarHamann @DutyOverDesire Didi STOP it how is benteke top of the list he doesn't suit our style of play at all he's a quicker lambert

:clap: 

Edited by StefanAVFC

Hopefully they'll buy Ings and that will be the end of it.  I really hope we can keep him for another year - his goals are easily worth the drop in his value coming into the last year of contract.  Even better to sign an extension, though that would be too much to hope for.

• Like 1

Team got relegated ergo player is not good enough despite scoring lots of goals - Liverpool fan logic

Player is in the Championship ergo not good enough - Premier League team fan logic.

It happens everywhere in that regard.  Amazing that people don't rate Benteke though.  He's not in the same class as Aguero, Rooney etc. but, **** hell, a poorer version of Balotelli?!

Just to act as a bit of a reality check here.....

Other recent newspaper reports are saying Liverpool have only around £30m to spend and beyond that must sell to buy as FSG are not happy with how money has been spent recently. Liverpool have holes all over their squad so where do they spend?

I would be amazed if Beneteke went to a club that was outside the CL, Liverpool look like they will struggle to get a top four spot in the next couple of seasons

Looking at the top four in the PL. Arsenal and Man City don't need strikers, Beneteke is too like Costa for Chelsea so that leaves Man U which is possible except I think they are looking towards Europe for another striker

The latest article in the Mirror today is from James Nursey, a clown of a journalist who likes nothing better than to put the boot into Aston Villa. His article literally says nothing new and rehashes a few older stories and rumours. He completely fails to quote TS who said most recently that no one could afford Beneteke thus suggesting that if anyone bid they would be quoted a 'go away' price which would suit us perfectly if some club chose to pay it.

An entirely plausible outcome with Beneteke is that he stays next season with us where he will be guaranteed a start every game, he will hopefully score a hat full of goals thus cementing his place in the Belgium team at the Euros and thus has a much better choice of clubs to go to at the age of 25. That does not even factor in a new owner who has much bigger plans for the club and wants Beneteke to be part of them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-man-united-transfer-target-5685342

Christian Benteke will decide his future in June after playing in Belgium's end of season internationals as Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Roma weigh up £30million bids.

Striker Benteke’s sensational form for Aston Villa has fired them to the brink of safety from relegation and into an FA Cup Final against Arsenal on May 30.

He has two years left on his current contract and Villa plan to offer him a new deal this summer.

But the in-demand 24-year-old, snapped up from Genk in his homeland for £7m in 2012, is not intending to sign an extension - and MirrorSport understands Villa are unlikely to stand in his way if they receive an offer of £32m for him.

Benteke has scored 11 goals in 12 games under new boss Tim Sherwood after rediscovering his top form following Achilles surgery that knocked him out of last summer's World Cup and for the pre-season.

The player will choose where his future lies after Belgium play a friendly against France on June 7 and a vital qualifier away to Wales five days later.

Villa are likely to be taken over this summer, with three different groups bidding to buy-out want-away owner Randy Lerner.

A Chinese group are in competition with an American consortium and a British bid headed by ex-Chelsea director Paul Smith that includes former Arsenal and England captain Tony Adams in an ambassadorial role.

Lerner has already given notice to two members of Villa's marketing staff to leave on June 1 ahead of a likely buy-out.

The club has previously been linked with a US takeover - investors Josh Harris and David Blitzer, who also looked at Crystal Palace, first registered an interest a year ago.

Meanwhile, Sherwood has insisted Ashley Westwood, 25, will NOT be sold this summer.

Sherwood dropped the 25-year-old midfielder for his first game in charge in February, and his chances of earning a recall were then restricted due to injury.

But Westwood, signed from Crewe for a bargain £900,000 in 2012 by Sherwood's predecessor Paul Lambert, returned for the FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool following injury to Gabby Agbonlahor and has been in superb form since.

Could stomach United or Chelsea, not Liverpool or Spurs.

Edited by juanpabloangel18
  • Like 1

All this paper talk means nothing. Same BS every year.

Benteke has said he's happy

Sherwood says he's going nowhere, no one can afford him.

Yeah clubs can afford him, but I dont think we will accept £30m for him with 2 years on his contract and the form he's in. Think TS and RL probably know they could get £40m plus for him the way the market is thesedays, especially for a proven PL goalscorer.

Delph has signed, Grealish has signed, Cleverley wants to sign, got a feeling Benteke will too. This group have a bromance going on with Papa Tim knitting it altogether. Thats what my strawberry tart thinks anyway

• Like 2

Liverpool and their delusions of grandeur though I think a lot of those twitter comments come from "fans?" who don't watch other teams games only Liverpool's. They will have to move on Ballotelli before they buy another striker and who is going to take him?

Can see them losing sterling and replacing him with good player but nowhere near good enough for top 4. Without champions league they can forget signing any proven quality players.

32 mil for Benteke would be a great piece of business. It would allow Sherwood to shape the squad however he liked if allowed to reinvest. Barring a major post takeover cash influx our realistic ambition for next season would be to finish around 8th-12th. We don't need Benteke for that, he's too good for 8th-12th. 32 mil invested in the squad would be better long term.

So with Benteke in the squad we just about stay up, but we don't need him to finish 8-12th  :huh: ???

I would much rather keep him than have £32m. You've only gotta look at Hull to see how far spending £40m can get you.........

Nah, £40m minimum, £32m is not enough. He's proven to be one of the best, most consistent forwards in the league over the past few seasons, this playing in a side that has been competing at the bottom end of the table that has hardly been creating a huge amount of chances for him. 

He'd thrive in any team that gives him consistent supply week in week out, he'd be guaranteed to score at least 20 league goals a season and realistically capable of getting around the 30 mark. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â