Christian Benteke

Kwan

So why not just enjoy it while he plays for us?

Sorry to interrupt your drinking of that half-empty glass of water, by the way.

Please feel free to interrupt lexicon. I don't mind... I said my piece and I stand by it...

Following Villa does tend to leave one feeling as though one's glass is half empty to be fair... And looking around, the grass seems a lot greener for a number of other football teams. But I couldn't even think of becoming emotionally involved in another football club.

lets not get too over hyped over him, he could still burn out really quickly and become a flop

lets continue to use him as an impact-super-sub, i need to remember that hes still only young (although he looks in his 30s)

Use him as an impact sub? Are you mad? He's our best player right now. Pretty much every goal we're scoring right now is going through him in some way. Of course we should rest him from time to time but using him only as an impact sub is madness.

• Like 1

lets not get too over hyped over him, he could still burn out really quickly and become a flop

lets continue to use him as an impact-super-sub, i need to remember that hes still only young (although he looks in his 30s)

You seem to be very adament and persistent on this very point. I have seen you state he should be an impact sub on several occasions now.

I would have said the same before we saw enough of him, but come on...The guy is our main threat and causes havoc to defenders. HE HAS TO PLAY.

I think we have came to far and he has proved to much in this short time that he is far more superior for us than just being a 'super sub'.

I feel you proberly might need to let this philosophy go now to avoid yourself from further dissapointment.

Nice positive story from The Sun :rolleyes:

CHRISTIAN BENTEKE last night rocked Aston Villa by declaring his dream of playing for Arsenal.

The Belgium striker, 21, has been a hit at Villa since joining for £7million from Genk.

But the summer signing admits he sees the club as a stepping-stone to Arsene Wenger’s Gunners — and that he originally thought Villa were based in LONDON.

Benteke said: “Arsenal are the club I love. I like their philosophy of selecting young players and, besides, they had Thierry Henry.

“For me he is the best player in the world and was my boyhood idol.

“I’m not afraid of making enemies at Villa by saying I love Arsenal.

“One can say worse things. I’m a Villa player for now. They’re the right club at the right time.”

He added: “When I joined Villa I didn’t know where they played. I thought they were a London club!”

It's got quotes, so I'm inclined to believe he said it.

What a complete assh*le.

Looks like Lambert's painted himself into a corner now with two want away strikers

I expect to see Benteke on the bench this weekend and maybe beyond. Inexcusable comments to make, what a shame.

• Like 1

Ahh, ffs overreaction. So what? We´d better get used to this, young players from abroad doesnt dream of playing for Aston Villa FC, they will use us as a stepping stone for bigger clubs. Thats modern football for you.

It´s up to the club to make the most of it, sell him with a big profit when the time comes, invest the money and progress as a club.

Get used to it, it will happen again.

Â