Christian Benteke

Kwan

Is this the same trustworthy club that used the general as a pr machine on fan websites and after a houllier press conference begged the local journo's to not print certain things?

When compared to the The Sun I'd say the club are pretty trustworthy actually.

I wouldn't ever consider the club to be less trust worthy than the shocking rag of a paper the sun.

But I also don't think any football club should be hailed as only speaking the truth and the response is the typical pr response I'd expect in this situation.

I wouldn't ever consider the club to be less trust worthy than the shocking rag of a paper the sun.

But I also don't think any football club should be hailed as only speaking the truth and the response is the typical pr response I'd expect in this situation.

Nobody's hailing them as "only speaking the truth", but in this case why wouldn't you take Lambert's words as the truth? He's the one who actually sees Benteke and interacts with him on a daily basis.

Whilst I'm not in anyway trusting of a paper, do you remember when the club tried to claim that the Downing scarf photo was photoshopped?

I don't know who to believe, and I don't really care. As long as he scores goals and plays well it doesn't matter.

the naiveity of some of our fans is pathetic

1. did people expect he die-hard villa fan in belgium

2. Ronaldo publicly declared he was Madrid fan when at United their fans didnt slaughter him

3. the man went on strike to join Villa he isnt known for his club loyalty

2. Ronaldo publicly declared he was Madrid fan when at United their fans didnt slaughter him

And probably the most damning of all

4. They believe something written in The Sun.

Let's be honest, it's the usual suspects on here making an issue about it.....

Our club has been known for spinning quite a few yarns in the past, so whilst I'd hope they're talking the truth, I can't be so sure these days.

Until this interview can be seen and translated then nobody knows for sure what was/wasn't said (I guess the clip will eventually be found and posted somewhere).

I stated several pages back in thread that the club would issue a statement saying that he has been mis-quoted. Unsurprisingly this has now happened. I'm prepared to wait to see if any transcripts of the interview appear but it is as premature to state that Benteke didn't state the quoted comments as it would be to say that he did.

We'll probably never find out but whatever the nature of those comments the club PR have done well to play the whole episode down very quickly.

I stated several pages back in thread that the club would issue a statement saying that he has been mis-quoted. Unsurprisingly this has now happened. I'm prepared to wait to see if any transcripts of the interview appear but it is as premature to state that Benteke didn't state the quoted comments as it would be to say that he did.

We'll probably never find out but whatever the nature of those comments the club PR have done well to play the whole episode down very quickly.

i know this is probably pointless replying but what is your vendetta against Benteke. you seemed so happy that thsi came out.

is it because he is proving you wrong

i know this is probably pointless replying but what is your vendetta against Benteke. you seemed so happy that thsi came out.

is it because he is proving you wrong

No mate it's not pointless and i very much appreciate your question.

I sincerely don't have a vendetta against him. He looked very poor in his first few games for us. I wrongly judged him on that and he has shoved my opinion of him right back down my throat again. I have actually taken the mickey out of myself by using a photo of Benteke as my avatar to show how wrong i was.

As i stated a few pages back in the thread i'm not happy about the quoted comments concerning Benteke and i'm not gloating. I'm just a little alarmed that he may have said those things and it's sincerely nothing more than that.

Let's be honest, it's the usual suspects on here making an issue about it.....

Same could be said about those who believe the club could do no wrong.

Oh my God! Christian Benteke ISNT a Villa fan!?

I think he, and all the other non villa supporting players should be sold, immediately. Its a disgrace, who thought this could happen?

Is anyone actually upset or annoyed that he's not a villa fan?

Â