Christian Benteke

Kwan

Way I see it mate, all the indications are that he wants to go. Hardly surprising really.

The good news as I see it is there is the clause in his contract on price. That means we should, in theory, get what he is worth if he does go.

If that happens i'll be gutted but at least I won't feel like we've been bent over.

I personally don't think we will sell him below that value this window.

I also don't think Benteke can afford to sulk for a season with the Euro's looming.

So, if a club wants him then they know the price. I'm just not sure many will be willing to meet it.

• Like 3

Brum mail saying no deal agreed. Liverpool won't pay full amount and villa won't sell unless it's met

Which makes them utter assholes considering their stances on Suaraz and Sterling when they have been the selling club and the amount they have spent this window they clearly had enough to pay the fee.

I don't see how that makes them "utter assholes".  Surely it's better to haggle over an asking price rather than pay the full amount?  If they want him that badly, they know what to stump up...

Because there is no haggling it's £32.5mil or nothing

Liverpool fans in my office currently debating this signing.

"just another target man. Don't see him being any more effective than Lambert in our current system"

Looking bleak

Worrying over story that originated from Talk Sport is Bleak :)

Got nothing to do with where it originated from. This story has been going on for months/a couple of years.

Not worrying either. Just that the chances of him staying are looking bleak.

Looking bleak

Worrying over story that originated from Talk Sport is Bleak :)

Got nothing to do with where it originated from. This story has been going on for months/a couple of years.

Not worrying either. Just that the chances of him staying are looking bleak.

We have been expecting him to leave ever since he arrived. And guess what - he's still here!

Benteke's goals, in two of the last three seasons, kept us up. Guzan was probably the reason we stayed up in that third season. My concern is, if both leave this summer, and they are not replaced adequately enough, and if other signings are not of the quality to strengthen us, we may finally slip through the trap door. I don't mind Villa selling Benteke if he no longer wants to play for us and they get the right price for us. But, they need to ensure they spend that money wisely and we need to remind ourselves that the manager with the task of replacing these players is a man with no experience of signing players other than Micah Richards which, to be fair, was a good start.

My hopes towards the end of last season was that it was the last time we will be fighting relegation, at least for the near future, and that we would be looking forward to a nice, comfortable, mid-table finish next season. But, if Benteke, Vlaar, Delph and Guzan were to go I would be changing those hopes to just staying up next season.

If he goes for the 32.5m we want, it's job done on everyone's part.

We get the money we deserve, they pay top dollar for a great striker.

It's up to us as a club to reinvest wisely. 

Southampton got ripped apart last season, but got the price they wanted for all their players and just got on with it. Scouted some top quality players from the continent and brought them in.

Follow their lead. We can be better off for this if we go about it the right way.

• Like 3

I'm afraid the 32 million will be met. Teams are not gonna miss out because the price is too high. If they want him they'll have him.

the price is high for an english club really for what he offers for the top teams. 

the price is extremely high for foreign teams.

i dont think its going to be met tbh

Edited by gharperr

Quickest way to please most fans (inc me!) would be to sell Benteke asap for full release clause and attempt to bring in Charlie Austin for the rumoured £15m it'd cost. Soften the blow, England international, scored more for poorer team and then invest rest in other areas of the squad.

As much as I recognise Benteke's qualities, I've never really cared if he stays or not and would be happier with Austin, not having a player who doesn't want to be here and a healthier transfer budget than keeping him for another year. 

• Like 2

Its Graham Beecroft thats reporting it. i don't know how credible he is. 

He was most likely wearing a Liverpool shirt when being interviewed. He has a clear bias towards Liverpool it is a little like asking someone off the Kop for an opinion concerning how likely a deal might be. This radio station is willing him to move up there. They keep mentioning it to get fans talking about it and in the hope they might be proved right one day. Beecroft may have heard something from someone but I think we should not believe this until it comes from a named source or the official web-site at either club. 

• Like 1

Brum mail saying no deal agreed. Liverpool won't pay full amount and villa won't sell unless it's met

Which makes them utter assholes considering their stances on Suaraz and Sterling when they have been the selling club and the amount they have spent this window they clearly had enough to pay the fee.

I don't see how that makes them "utter assholes".  Surely it's better to haggle over an asking price rather than pay the full amount?  If they want him that badly, they know what to stump up...

Because we are Villa fans... Why should we give a shit about Liverpools right to bargain?... Either give us what we want, or **** off... Bunch of utter assholes...

I think the manner of the FA CUP final defeat was the straw that broke the donkeys back for some of our players, and I don't know if I can play them. We need to begin a new era all round. OR GET THIS TAKEOVER done and start going on a mini Man City splash!

Â