Christian Benteke

Kwan

Reports on Talksport of £7m + Enrique and Lambert. I would be furious at this as it would value the man at about £12m in my opinion.

I think it was Mick Quinn - so another scouser talking balls to try and benefit their club.

Why don't we get a few Villa fans who appear in the media - Hendrie, Petrov, Dublin (he does talk us up), Taylor, etc - to start sounding off against the move and change the headlines a bit?

• Like 1

Reports on Talksport of £7m + Enrique and Lambert. I would be furious at this as it would value the man at about £12m in my opinion.

I think it was Mick Quinn - so another scouser talking balls to try and benefit their club.

Why don't we get a few Villa fans who appear in the media - Hendrie, Petrov, Dublin (he does talk us up), Taylor, etc - to start sounding off against the move and change the headlines a bit?

Probably because the media pick and choose who they want to talk and the "Benteke should stay at Villa" story is far less likely to sell papers than the current story. Especially when they keep picking all different fees and player combinations out of nowhere to keep the story relevant.

Edited by sexbelowsound

BBC journo reporting it as done on Twitter. UPDATE: fake account. As you were chaps.

Absolutely no problem with selling him but not for a pittance and two knackered Liverpool rejects.

Edited by Eames

Rather we signed Enrique Iglesias and Adam Lambert.

They might also suck, but at least they got some moves.

Surely this is a no-goer? 

They don't really have much to offer us in terms of their squad players, which says more about them than it does about us.

If Benteke is still here on Monday, I'll be surprised - looking pretty terminal now.

Enrique and Lambert both out of contract at the end the season. I'd be surprised if they started more than 10 Prem + CL games between them last season. Enrique cost them 5m from Newcastle.

5m for the pair is over priced!

• Like 1

Wasn't it just a formality for Spurs last time, and a deal was done? According to media and their fans anyway.

I honestly think we'll hold out for the full money, or keep telling them to do one. There's no wriggle room on this, I don't think. If there are things happening, I'd think it'll be about how and when they pay us the full £32.5m. I'm not actually against the idea of taking Lambert or Enrique, just not as part of the deal.

Edited by dAVe80

Â