Christian Benteke

Kwan

I don't think it was a bad finish by Westwood either. looked like it was going in the corner. The keeper just guessed and guessed right. 

He should score, but I don't think it's a shocking miss.

• Like 2

Watch it again Stef (I just have). It really is a great pass. He had to wait the split second he did because a Bournemouth player ran across him so he may well have hit that guy if he made the pass earlier.

True Westwood may have been able to hit it first time if the pass had been further in front of him, but he doesn't have to break stride to take the ball.

It was indeed a great pass.

We've sort of assumed that he'll be leaving at the end of the season - understandably - but if he doesn't sort himself out where is he going to go that would be a major step up? He's such a talented player but you have to question his mental strength if he can't sort his form out (again) - I can't see the big clubs taking a chance. 

• Like 1

The pass was fine, the keeper saved it because Westwood shaped up too early and gave him an easy read on where he was gonna place the shot. Like someone said it was the only decent thing Benteke did all game, he has to get his shit together and start performing because we don't have anyone to come in for him.

The pass was fine, the keeper saved it because Westwood shaped up too early and gave him an easy read on where he was gonna place the shot. Like someone said it was the only decent thing Benteke did all game, he has to get his shit together and start performing because we don't have anyone to come in for him.

Yes agree with this.

Good pass from Benteke but Westwood made it obvious which way he was going to shoot.

Needs to be putting them away.

He's the best striker we've had since Yorke and he's showed that this season.

Dion Dublin > Benteke.ers

Yeah, I just went there bitches.

controversial but fair, I think Dublin is criminally underrated when people mention former strikers

When you have a clear 1 vs 1 chance against the keeper, as good as he might be, it's your job to score and you are to blame for the miss.

I don't think anyone has said otherwise, assuming you're still talking about the Westwood chance.

Everyone has said he should score. Just that it was still a good save and wasn't a shocker from Westwood.

When you have a clear 1 vs 1 chance against the keeper, as good as he might be, it's your job to score and you are to blame for the miss.

Massively off topic,  but,  it is also the goalkeeper's job to save which in this instance he did

Benteke really needs to put in more effort. Weimann and Gil buzzing around made him look like a static big lump.

Balls going into the box that he made absolutely no attempt to attack. Totally lost what he had that first season. Is it possible that he is just a one season wonder?

Does he think he is too good for us? He has a big problem, and I do not think it can any longer be blamed on the injury.

He's the best striker we've had since Yorke and he's showed that this season.

Dion Dublin > Benteke.ers

Yeah, I just went there bitches.

controversial but fair, I think Dublin is criminally underrated when people mention former strikers

One of my favourite players and one of my favourite ex-players as well. But not a patch on an in-form Benteke, if we ever get to see such a thing again.

We are all assuming that Benteke will achieve great things, DC, but is it possible we may be wrong.

Could it be that in fact what we have is just a good striker, and that we are perhaps about his level.

On the basis of the last few games even that seems optimistic

Â