Christian Benteke

Kwan

Amazing how some can argue everything else is to blame for Benteke's attitude, not his poor overall performance today.

That poor attitude has an almost 1 in 2 goals to game ratio and I've lost count of the points a bit of magic from him has got us.

If I was him I'd be getting pretty exasperated with the lack of quality he's playing with going forward. He's good enough to do a lot of it by himself, but it doesn't get the best out of him as he's instinctively a team player. Unfortunately the supporting cast is some way behind. I'd like to think we'd invest in January to sort it out but it doesn't seem likely somehow. 

He has played three games or something like that. His frustration got him a red card. Seems like he is desperate to score goals so his agent can sell him. Playing for himself he is just detrimental to the team. He needs to grow up.

• Like 1

I quite like the idea of my centre forward being a selfish sod with a massive ego. Good centre forwards tend to be like that.

Difference between being selfish and (incorrectly) ranting at your teammates.

Being selfish is good.  Being a clearing in the woods is not.

• Like 1

He is sulking. He hides behind all the other team's defenders/keeper and throws a hissy fit when the other players choose other options. He should show some respect.

Edited by momo

Awful attitude. Hes not good enough to have that attitude either. Hes not a consistent player and for a club like us id rather have a 'runner' upfront like Long or Ings. Honestly would not be dissapointed if we sold him for 20 million plus

Of the regular Belgium players he plays for arguably the worst team so I can understand the frustration. The other play for champions league/europa league standard teams more or less.

We have runners like Gabby and Weimann.

I see where Benteke is coming from, he tries his best and he's already come up in the short time he's played this year two brilliant goals at Palace and Man. United.

We just need to find a creative player in our team. He looks at Bony and he's got Sigurdsson feeding him endless chances per game.

Fair enough, he'd do a lot better in a better team, he is a level above anyone else who plays for this football club so it must be quite frustrating at times.

However if you are going to moan at others, then make sure your **** first touch doesn't go 3 yards ahead of you, make sure that when someone does have the presence of mind to make an advance run that your lay-off isn't too short, make sure that you actually hold the ball up properly rather than just getting easily out muscled by a centre half. 

• Like 2

Tough one. I agree that the best goalscorers are clearing in the woods. But Benteke is still on his way. He's not one of them yet. He has the ability, but he also disappears in too many matches. I guess I think he should score some goals, and then show his attitude. 1-2 goals here and there are not enough. It's not all his teammate's fault.

• Like 1

Tough one. I agree that the best goalscorers are clearing in the woods. But Benteke is still on his way. He's not one of them yet. He has the ability, but he also disappears in too many matches. I guess I think he should score some goals, and then show his attitude. 1-2 goals here and there are not enough. It's not all his teammate's fault.

His record for us is very impressive.

Making Benteke out to be a problem here is just madness IMO. Maybe if our players could make a cross that your average Sunday leaguer could, then he wouldn't be getting frustrated?

Awful attitude. Hes not good enough to have that attitude either. Hes not a consistent player and for a club like us id rather have a 'runner' upfront like Long or Ings. Honestly would not be dissapointed if we sold him for 20 million plus

You would rather have Long. Comon chap please, talk about over reaction. He is a top top player, blatently to good for us, not one can understand his runs or postioning. Its not Beneke, unfortunately its the rest of them. No one rates, weimann, Gabby, Cleverley. So who is gonna supply him with the quality, the only time he can score is off the scraps or something he creates himself. read my previous post, cause you will be one of them that weeps.

Nobody can understand his runs or positioning? Hes terrible at playing the line and is always offside. Also ever wondered why he never scores tap ins? His positioning is definitely not one of his strong points. He tries all these fancy flicks that result in losing possession. Benteke was crying at Bacuna last week for playing the ball in the correct place and in my opinion his lack of positioning was the difference between 1 point and 3. I dislike Bent but if Benteke had Bents brain hed be a much better player

Â