Christian Benteke

Kwan

I can't believe people are getting upset about what some kid from Belgium has posted.

What he knows about Villa can be written on the back of a postage stamp. The fact that he doesn't know some of the great names that have played over the years highlights this. Am I the only one who couldn't give a flying one about Belgium and their national team?

I come on here to read about the Villa.& BTW we've had much better players than Benteke over the years so lets keep this in perspective. Benteke has a fair way to travel before he can be mentioned in the same breath as some players mentioned recently. I'm not saying he won't get there but as it stands currently he is not the finished article and I doubt whether he'd start for any top 4 club. Liverpool or Spurs are about as high as he could aim for currently. A step up from Villa admittedly but not enough to claim he's "too good for the team". One could also argue that Delph is too good for the team on that basis, given he's leaving soon. All teams have some players that are better than others-That's football.

I have told before i started to follow aston villa since august 2012. 

We moan about the zero creativity and then blame Benteke for being frustrated he is not getting the ball??? No. 1 there is no doubt Benteke will be a top top striker, with given creativity (i.e Costa most of the time needs fabregas) although he has proved to us he can create out of nothing. No.2 play him with a playmaker he will get 20 goals a season no problem. Its a problem with our team so to disrespect him for getting frustrated from the zero creativity in our team is insane.

Personnally I think we killed off Bent with our zero creativity, it was not pure lazyness, we need to be careful we don't do the same with Benteke, although he will probably be gone by then proving you haters what we are missing.

If this guy had half the positional awareness that Darren bent has he'd be brilliant. He won't be world class until he stops expecting the ball and starts getting himself into positions where it won't take a miracle to find him. His positioning for that grealish cross was shocking.

And he must have an issue with being touched because a slight touch on the shoulder by the other team and he wants a foul.

He might be a good player, but he isn't anywhere near the finished product yet.

Edited by ThisCouldBeRotterdam

He's our everything so rather than criticise the manager who built and coach the team let's moan at a lad with about a year and a half of premiership football experience. And while we're at it let's invent an attitude problem and claim he doesn't want to play for us.

I find the need to jump on the guy to be one of the strangest things at the moment.

He has bad games like all players. But unlike most of the squad he's shown how good and how vital for us he is.

• Like 2

Before we blamed the other players for not crossing the ball to him but his lack of anticipation was there to see and he should have scored at teh death but took his eye off the ball. Yes he was clattered by the goalkeeper but he should have scored. 

I think Gabby's value to the side was demonstrated today. Their defenders could afford to stick to Benteke like glue because there was no other real threat. With Gabby also running at them he stretches them out a bit and facilitates a bit more space.

That said, although I appreciate his frustration I think he needs to pull his head in. Certainly, consistently berating the one player in the squad who can consistently put the ball on his head doesn't seem the best strategy. 

Every team now mark Benteke out the game, this is whats happening and he is not having so many chances to score. The Grealish cross today was into a area zonal marked by Sunderland players and made no space for Benteke. He was in acres of space just above the penalty area. Yes he wasn't at his best but its much harder for him now other teams know his quality.

He's so good yet still a bit naive when it comes to making the right runs. Perhaps getting someone in like Pazzini to play alongside him would help. I reckon Benteke has the ability to play second striker as well as target man. Either way, sticking him up there with Weimann, Zog and Gabby must be one of the most frustrating things for a footballer.

Another bad game today, but he will improve.

I cannot understand why he ran to the edge of the box when Grealish nearly always goes to the players left when trying to cross. We needed him busting a gut to get into the six yard box, the same thing he didn't do when Bacuna was looking to cross in the other game.

I cannot understand why he ran to the edge of the box when Grealish nearly always goes to the players left when trying to cross. We needed him busting a gut to get into the six yard box, the same thing he didn't do when Bacuna was looking to cross in the other game.

Because that's where the space was. He stopped his run, all the Sunderland defenders ran on. If Grealish played it before trying to take the defender on the outside, it would've been a chance. Instead, while this isn't a criticism of Grealish, there was about 4 Sunderland defenders where he put the ball.

• Like 1

Because that's where the space was. He stopped his run, all the Sunderland defenders ran on. If Grealish played it before trying to take the defender on the outside, it would've been a chance. Instead, while this isn't a criticism of Grealish, there was about 4 Sunderland defenders where he put the ball.

Nice one, I wish others would see this. Many a time he has been unmarked and people want him to make the run into a crowd full of opposition players.

Â