Christian Benteke

Kwan

Awful attitude. Hes not good enough to have that attitude either. Hes not a consistent player and for a club like us id rather have a 'runner' upfront like Long or Ings. Honestly would not be dissapointed if we sold him for 20 million plus

You would rather have Long. Comon chap please, talk about over reaction. He is a top top player, blatently to good for us, not one can understand his runs or postioning. Its not Beneke, unfortunately its the rest of them. No one rates, weimann, Gabby, Cleverley. So who is gonna supply him with the quality, the only time he can score is off the scraps or something he creates himself. read my previous post, cause you will be one of them that weeps.

Also ever wondered why he never scores tap ins?

Well, he does. Some of he reason he doesn't is, like today, when he's in position to do so people would rather pass it to the keeper.

Awful attitude. Hes not good enough to have that attitude either. Hes not a consistent player and for a club like us id rather have a 'runner' upfront like Long or Ings. Honestly would not be dissapointed if we sold him for 20 million plus

You would rather have Long. Comon chap please, talk about over reaction. He is a top top player, blatently to good for us, not one can understand his runs or postioning. Its not Beneke, unfortunately its the rest of them. No one rates, weimann, Gabby, Cleverley. So who is gonna supply him with the quality, the only time he can score is off the scraps or something he creates himself. read my previous post, cause you will be one of them that weeps.

Nobody can understand his runs or positioning? Hes terrible at playing the line and is always offside. Also ever wondered why he never scores tap ins? His positioning is definitely not one of his strong points. He tries all these fancy flicks that result in losing possession. Benteke was crying at Bacuna last week for playing the ball in the correct place and in my opinion his lack of positioning was the difference between 1 point and 3. I dislike Bent but if Benteke had Bents brain hed be a much better player

Have you ever thought about whether we have someone in our squad who can play actually play good through balls to strikers? With Delph, Westwood, and Sanchez, and also including Agbonlahor and Weimann, none of them have that ability to play Benteke in early, which results in him being offside a lot.

Bent, throughout his career has also been offside a lot more then Benteke has.

• Like 1

Benteke has a fantastic footballing brain, the problem is that the rest of our players do not. Some of the moves I see Benteke pull off, I think "wow", the guy has such good/quick feet for a big guy and his stature is deceiving. He often makes great passes too, I can think of one straight away today where he got into the box and cushioned the ball down with his head into the 6 yard area - none of our midfielders had read the move and in turn nobody was there to put the ball in the net. 

To suggest Darren Bent has a better footballing brain than Benteke is absoutely mental.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 4

Did someone suggest Shane Long over Christian Benteke? Holy sh1t.

He gesticulates when he doesn't get the ball he anticipated. Big deal. He never hides, grabs games by the throat and changes them and wants to score more than anything.

Do I want a forward applauding yet another skied cross from a brainless team mate? I do in my hole. I want our big narky Belgian beast.

Edited by kevpants
  • Like 2

Hes got 1:2 for Villa?........imagine what he would get with better attackers around him.Weimann summed up our problems today, runs around a lot, gets in good positions, doesn't know what to do with the ball when he gets in good positions.

Sanchez and Delph run the midfield today, but we have nobody who can create.We have the finisher, not the creator.

Tough one. I agree that the best goalscorers are clearing in the woods. But Benteke is still on his way. He's not one of them yet. He has the ability, but he also disappears in too many matches. I guess I think he should score some goals, and then show his attitude. 1-2 goals here and there are not enough. It's not all his teammate's fault.

His record for us is very impressive.

Making Benteke out to be a problem here is just madness IMO. Maybe if our players could make a cross that your average Sunday leaguer could, then he wouldn't be getting frustrated?

Not what I meant at all. But reading my post again I think it looks too negative.

Benteke has a fantastic footballing brain, the problem is that the rest of our players do not. Some of the moves I see Benteke pull off, I think "wow", the guy has such good/quick feet for a big guy and his stature is deceiving. He often makes great passes too, I can think of one straight away today where he got into the box and cushioned the ball down with his head into the 6 yard area - none of our midfielders had read the move and in turn nobody was there to put the ball in the net. 

To suggest Darren Bent has a better footballing brain than Benteke is absoutely mental.

Nah, it's not mental at all.  Benteke's movement off the ball is generally pretty poor.  I actually can't remember a goal he's scored where he's run on to the end of a move.  His goals are either him having a pop shot/scoring after a run with the ball/scoring a header.  It's fine because he's our best player by a distance, but I don't think he has a "good footballing brain" persay; he's just a talented player.

Bent's movement playing off the line was always his strong point when playing in front of a creative midfield.  Benteke doesn't do the same thing - which is probably a good thing as we're not particularly creative right now.  Benteke will provide more on his own than Bent by a mile, but I don't think he finds space at all well.

You're a hard man to please grobs.

Imho he will move to Real Madrid/Barca/Bayern, he is that good.

His movement off the ball not good enough?......watch how he makes himself some space when Weimann makes a run.The fact that Weimann couldn't pick him out twice, is more of our problems than CB tbh.

• Like 1

Sorry for slating all your favorite player who can do no wrong. My mind wont be changed until he starts improving his positioning and actually decides to put effort in on the pitch. 

Do you have quotes of anyone saying he can do no wrong? Or are you just making stuff up in a strop?

In my opinion, Benteke is overrated by many on here as well as many in the media. He has missed a lot of decent chances this season and last, collected a lot of offsides, and any amount of misplaced passes. He was amazing his first season with us, and has lived off that ever since.

And his arrogance recently is a result of this early acclaim. He needs to sort himself out and start doing what he is supposed to do, score goals, because sure as hell he is not doing that.

He has talent, no doubt about that, but he still has a way to go, and berating his team mates so publicly is hardly going to help him or them.

Even his media darlings did not like it.

• Like 2

Just watch him at Arsenal, Liverpool, etc an see him happy while scoring 20 goals a season, then say he has an attitude problem. He is far from over rated. Pass him a half decent ball and he will score 90% of the time, with quality, if he is not creating for himself. Without Benteke we are a dour boring team, which has been proved.

We create nothing, this is what we are all talking about on here, what is he supposed to do other than feed off scraps and create for himself.

Just watch him at Arsenal, Liverpool, etc an see him happy while scoring 20 goals a season, then say he has an attitude problem. He is far from over rated. Pass him a half decent ball and he will score 90% of the time, with quality, if he is not creating for himself. Without Benteke we are a dour boring team, which has been proved.

We create nothing, this is what we are all talking about on here, what is he supposed to do other than feed off scraps and create for himself.

That's fine and perfectly valid.  He shouldn't be berating teammates for making correct decisions rather than trying outrageous passes to suit Benteke.  That shit just isn't on at all.

• Like 2

I think he is slightly overrated by some of us. No doubting his huge talent but whether he's good enough for Chelsea, Real Madrid or Barcelona is another question. We talk about him scoring more with better players but 6 goals in 20 internationals when he has the likes of Hazard and De Bruyne is not great. Right now he wouldn't be first choice in Chelsea, Man U, Man City or maybe even Arsenal sides. 

I think he is slightly overrated by some of us. No doubting his huge talent but whether he's good enough for Chelsea, Real Madrid or Barcelona is another question. We talk about him scoring more with better players but 6 goals in 20 internationals when he has the likes of Hazard and De Bruyne is not great. Right now he wouldn't be first choice in Chelsea, Man U, Man City or maybe even Arsenal sides. 

Eden hazard is shite in the national squad he has 6 goals in 51 caps most of them are penaltys

Â