Christian Benteke

Kwan

Berating teammates? Bit OTT no?

Henry used to have a go at team mates. Michael Jordan used to go mad at his team mates during practice.

I think we're looking for issues that aren't there.

What he was doing to Bacuna was the very definition of `berating'.

Obviously thinks he is better than everybody else and should have the final say on the output!.. 

Seen to many wannabe young rising stars fall arse over tit when come knocking for a swift pay rise in most professions .

So in 2 and half years of averaging a goal every other game, scoring more prem goals than anyone in our history and clearly being our best player, there's been 1 clear example of him having a go at a player (bacuna was actually smiling during this) and a couple of moans we've seen lots of players do on many occasions.

I really think some are looking for an issue that's not there. Which seems really strange when its our most important and best player.

• Like 1

When the likes of Weimann (greedy/headless chicken), Gabby (pure pace and little footballing intelligence) and Bacuna (mediocre at best) are making (more often than not) poor decisions when making deciding to pass or shoot themselves, Benteke has a right to be pissed off - especially if he's in a decent position to score.

He's got more talent than our other forwards put together, hence his very good record at scoring goals for us - a team that hasn't scored many in the last few years. It would be interesting to see how Lambert is handling this, let's hope he's telling his players to try and get the ball up to him at every opportunity - particularly in the 18 yard box.

So in 2 and half years of averaging a goal every other game, scoring more prem goals than anyone in our history and clearly being our best player, there's been 1 clear example of him having a go at a player (bacuna was actually smiling during this) and a couple of moans we've seen lots of players do on many occasions.

I really think some are looking for an issue that's not there. Which seems really strange when its our most important and best player.

The issue is in the present, not the past.  I'd assume Bacuna was smiling because he knew he'd made the right decision - irrespective of Benteke being a bellend.  He displayed similar petulance when Grealish failed to find him against Swansea by the way.

It's an issue because it's current - not in the past.  It looks like he's starting to think he's too good for the club...

• Like 1

The issue is in the present, not the past.  I'd assume Bacuna was smiling because he knew he'd made the right decision - irrespective of Benteke being a bellend.  He displayed similar petulance when Grealish failed to find him against Swansea by the way.

It's an issue because it's current - not in the past.  It looks like he's starting to think he's too good for the club...

To be fair, he is too good for the club..

Not really disputing this, but putting in 100% and having a good attitude whilst being too good for the club is fine.  As soon as that attitude starts to falter, it becomes a problem.

Edited by bobzy

The issue is in the present, not the past. I'd assume Bacuna was smiling because he knew he'd made the right decision - irrespective of Benteke being a bellend. He displayed similar petulance when Grealish failed to find him against Swansea by the way.

It's an issue because it's current - not in the past. It looks like he's starting to think he's too good for the club...

Or he's 100% fit for the first time in ages, eager to win and score goals and expects better from his teammates. Some of the best sportsmen in the world have displayed a similar attitude. Its currently not an issue.

• Like 1

The issue is in the present, not the past. I'd assume Bacuna was smiling because he knew he'd made the right decision - irrespective of Benteke being a bellend. He displayed similar petulance when Grealish failed to find him against Swansea by the way.

It's an issue because it's current - not in the past. It looks like he's starting to think he's too good for the club...

Or he's 100% fit for the first time in ages, eager to win and score goals and expects better from his teammates. Some of the best sportsmen in the world have displayed a similar attitude. Its currently not an issue.

If he's eager to win and score goals, he should be busting a gut to get in and around the 6 yard box to look for a ball from Bacuna rather than holding his hands up 20 yards from goal and expecting some backwards chip.  The problem in that move was Benteke, not Bacuna - yet Benteke berated him.

It's not an issue if it's not affecting the other players but, as I say, it could be the sign that he thinks he's too good for us.  Once that happens...

• Like 2

Not really disputing this, but putting in 100% and having a good attitude whilst being too good for the club is fine.  As soon as that attitude starts to falter, it becomes a problem.

Do you really think he doesn't give his full 100%? he's much offside because they have to pass the ball faster. but yea lets critisize our only player that can make a difference between winning and losing.  :thumb:

i hope some ppl wil reconsider their opinion at the moment he will be gone. because i don't see us winning any matches without him. even Falcao would struggle to score goals with this poor supply. and they will be even more frustrated.

• Like 1

He is miles better than someone like Darren Bent who was simply a goalscorer and offered pratically nothing outside the box. Remember some of the games when Bent would only touch the ball 8 or 9 times in 90 minutes, acceptable when he's scoring the winning goal like on his debut but when he dosen't you see the limitations.

Benteke is actually a very clever footballer, look at some of the passes he produces during the games. Look at his chipped assist for Hutton's goal recently. That's what the mythical number 10 should be creating for him.

Given how poor our midfield has generally been at creating during his time here, I think 1 in 2 ratio in the league is magnificent, how many would the bloke have scored infront of a midfield of Young-Petrov-Milner-Downing?

That's what you have to think of.

• Like 2

I don't think anyone is disputing that, me included

He is miles better than someone like Darren Bent who was simply a goalscorer and offered pratically nothing outside the box. Remember some of the games when Bent would only touch the ball 8 or 9 times in 90 minutes, acceptable when he's scoring the winning goal like on his debut but when he dosen't you see the limitations.

Benteke is actually a very clever footballer, look at some of the passes he produces during the games. Look at his chipped assist for Hutton's goal recently. That's what the mythical number 10 should be creating for him.

Given how poor our midfield has generally been at creating during his time here, I think 1 in 2 ratio in the league is magnificent, how many would the bloke have scored infront of a midfield of Young-Petrov-Milner-Downing?

That's what you have to think of.

Agreed again chris, replace downing with barry and you're on to a winner

There have been plenty of times when he's had good reason to be mad at teammates-  he's been in a great position where they could have gotten the ball to him with a relatively straightforward pass and they either made the wrong decision or botched the pass (e.g., Weimann v. Swansea).   I've got no problem with him protesting in those situations.   He's absolutely right to give them an earful.   But the Bacuna and Grealish situations mentioned above are ridiculous.

Bacuna put in about the only ball that could evade both keeper and defender.  If Benteke had been charging in to be ready for a rebound, deflection or ball that slipped through he would have had a tap-in.   Instead, he jumps on Bacuna for not making an impossible pass.   Similarly, Grealish did about as well as he could, skipping by 2 defenders and getting a ball in.  He might have been able to do better to avoid the keeper, but he sure as hell couldn't be expected to put it where Benteke seemed to think he should.

I've seen other, less obvious attacks where he's done the same thing:  He might have been in a great position, but even the best player in the world would have trouble seeing him, let alone getting the ball to him, through a crowd of defenders.  And he gets mad at his teammate for not pulling off the impossible.  It's an unattractive trend.

• Like 3

Fair enough, he'd do a lot better in a better team, he is a level above anyone else who plays for this football club so it must be quite frustrating at times.

However if you are going to moan at others, then make sure your **** first touch doesn't go 3 yards ahead of you, make sure that when someone does have the presence of mind to make an advance run that your lay-off isn't too short, make sure that you actually hold the ball up properly rather than just getting easily out muscled by a centre half.

I think this sums it up perfectly.

Â