Christian Benteke

Kwan

So in 2 and half years of averaging a goal every other game, scoring more prem goals than anyone in our history and clearly being our best player, there's been 1 clear example of him having a go at a player (bacuna was actually smiling during this) and a couple of moans we've seen lots of players do on many occasions.

I really think some are looking for an issue that's not there. Which seems really strange when its our most important and best player.

The issue is in the present, not the past. I'd assume Bacuna was smiling because he knew he'd made the right decision - irrespective of Benteke being a bellend. He displayed similar petulance when Grealish failed to find him against Swansea by the way.

It's an issue because it's current - not in the past. It looks like he's starting to think he's too good for the club...

To be fair, he is too good for the club..
Benteke is not as clinical in his goal scoring as I would like, I'll tell you that. At least he hasn't been this season or last.

And he definitely is not too good for this club. Saying that is infuriating. This club is much more than the present. If you've been following this club for the last three years, then I understand and forgive you. Otherwise, just **** off.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Absolutely, our club is steeped in history. We may not be in the best place right now but we have had better players than Benteke in our past. I'm not saying he's not good, he is but when compared to Little, Shaw, Gray, Withe, Cowans, Platt, Mgrath and Yorke. He hasn't reached their level yet. So it annoys me too when people say somebody is too good for us. 

• Like 1

Absolutely, our club is steeped in history. We may not be in the best place right now but we have had better players than Benteke in our past. I'm not saying he's not good, he is but when compared to Little, Shaw, Gray, Withe, Cowans, Platt, Mgrath and Yorke. He hasn't reached their level yet. So it annoys me too when people say somebody is too good for us. 

I think they're trying to say he's better than all our players, some by a mile, and by that reasoning is "too good for us". He would be the same level as players at another club.

• Like 1

i don't know any of those names. :s platt and yorke does ring a bell i started following this club since 31 augustus 2012 and i don't meant in a bad way.

I think they're trying to say he's better than all our players, some by a mile, and by that reasoning is "too good for us". He would be the same level as players at another club.

thank you thats exactly what i ment. its really difficult for me to explain correctly what i mean in English.

• Like 1

My apologies Belgium guy, my post wasn't directed at you anyway. I appreciate you are a Benteke fan firstly and I think if he did spend his career with us  he would end up as a legend, but I realise he is destined for greater things. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

thank you thats exactly what i ment. its really difficult for me to explain correctly what i mean in English.
Ok Belgian guy, I understand what you mean now.

And sorry I lost my temper.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

My apologies Belgium guy, my post wasn't directed at you anyway. I appreciate you are a Benteke fan firstly and I think if he did spend his career with us  he would end up as a legend, but I realise he is destined for greater things. 

no apologies needed. I understand the point you guys are making. the only thing i didn't agree was the thing about him not giving his full 100%  i do understand that he sometimes unrightly is mad on his mates but  i'm sure that wen they are in the dressing room ther just laughing about it and do not have a problem. 

Edited by Belgian guy
  • Like 1

no apologies needed. I understand the point you guys are making. the only thing i didn't agree was the thing about him not giving his full 100%  i do understand that he sometimes unrightly is mad on his mates but  i'm sure that wen they are in the dressing room ther just laughing about it and do not have a problem. 

Can't believe Giles De Bilde was missed out of that list! ;

And I am just as sure that they are not. It really does not work that way. And particularly inexcusable when it is a young player like Grealish.

Look at the quality of the ball for Gabbys penalty shout. No one seems to have mentioned that. A lofted through ball played directly forwards with no diagonal angle of attack. That's an incredibly hard skill but one a premier league quality forward should be capable of playing.

Benteke looks for passes not nearly as quality as the one he played and doesn't get them. It's got to be annoying.

Edited by kevpants
  • Like 1

So in 2 and half years of averaging a goal every other game, scoring more prem goals than anyone in our history and clearly being our best player, there's been 1 clear example of him having a go at a player (bacuna was actually smiling during this) and a couple of moans we've seen lots of players do on many occasions.

I really think some are looking for an issue that's not there. Which seems really strange when its our most important and best player.

The issue is in the present, not the past.  I'd assume Bacuna was smiling because he knew he'd made the right decision - irrespective of Benteke being a bellend.  He displayed similar petulance when Grealish failed to find him against Swansea by the way.

It's an issue because it's current - not in the past.  It looks like he's starting to think he's too good for the club...

To be fair, he is too good for the club..

Benteke will move on shortly as he has always said he will, and you will move on with him.

Out of order to make that comment.

• Like 1

And me, he isn't "too good for the club" he's just one of what should be several players that takes this club back to where we want to be

Even recent history has shown what greener grass is

Said in another thread recently when someone mentioned idolising benteke, how can you idolise someone that you can't trust to jump ship the 1st time a bigger pay cheque comes calling

Benteke at the moment IMO is another player who owes us something but there is absolutely no danger that he will return it

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â