Christian Benteke

Kwan

Im hearing he is on his way to City in January. Would be devastated if true, but makes sense with City's desperate need for strikers at the minute. Hopefully if it happens id expect them to pay a 'desperate' price. If we get offered £35-£40 million id bite their hands off tbh.

From your "itk" source?

:crylaugh:

Yep, the same source that was correct with the Keane fiasco. Not sure why you keep hijacking my posts Stevo. Bit strange tbh. Considering I tried to be helpful in your Thailand thread seems a bit out of order. Block me if you have an issue as your obsession with shitting on my posts is really creepy.

Im hearing he is on his way to City in January. Would be devastated if true, but makes sense with City's desperate need for strikers at the minute. Hopefully if it happens id expect them to pay a 'desperate' price. If we get offered £35-£40 million id bite their hands off tbh.

From your "itk" source?

:crylaugh:

Yep, the same source that was correct with the Keane fiasco. Not sure why you keep hijacking my posts Stevo. Bit strange tbh. Considering I tried to be helpful in your Thailand thread seems a bit out of order. Block me if you have an issue as your obsession with shitting on my posts is really creepy.
Obsession. This is like the second one?

Anyway, I'm sure when he goes to city in January you'll be proved correct...

Could we please stop speculating about him leaving? it makes me sad.  :( Just enjoy the time he's here.

I agree with this, what use is it just waiting for him to leave? Let's leave the panty-wetting until there's a solid link to him leaving. He's not going to off 2 weeks after giving an interview saying how happy he is here, nor are we going to sell him in January just after he's finally returned to availability, when our survival relies on him and we don't have enough time to secure a replacement. We've got until summer, let's enjoy it. 

Could we please stop speculating about him leaving? it makes me sad.  :( Just enjoy the time he's here.

I agree with you, but it won't stop. People just want to be miserable, I suppose. There has to be something bad in every good thing....

How about we keep him and build a team around him with an owner who is willing to put decent money into the playing side with a view to us aiming for the top 6 rather than the bottom 6? - Well it is Christmas and that is high on my list.... :D

• Like 1

More BORING talk about him leaving. Only Man Utd, Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona have the revenue streams to buy him without falling foul of FFP, and I can't see any of them coming in. Man City could sell a few of their naff strikers and come in for him I suppose, unlikely in January.

• Like 1

So true. We all should be discussing the prospect of mighty Benteke tearing Swansea a new one.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

If we were ever offered 40m we would be mad to turn it down.

Is he worth that? Yes to a big CL club but not to us we could buy 4 good players with that making us less reliant on one player and improving the teams ability to win games over all

Not really because we can't replace him. Just like Milner. Look how that turned out. Benteke cost us 7,5 mill. Over 5 years it is nothing. We have to keep him for as long as we can.

Yep, it's a dangerous approach.

You can strengthen the rest of the team, but when your whole style revolves around one player (i.e. Bale and Suarez) then strengthening the team but not replacing those star players is dangerous.

Say we sold Benteke for £30 million.

I'd be happy to see at least half spent on a direct replacement (if necessary)

• Like 1

I want £50m Torres was £50m when it was pretty clear his seasons of scoring 15+ League goals were over.  Andy Carroll, despite the increased and over inflated fee was worth £35m and he'd only scored 12 or so goals in the PL.

Then we have Soldado - £29m

Lukakau - £28m

He's better than all these chumps, he's on a long contract, he's over his injury and is scoring again, he can bring others into play, he's big, quick and strong, good in the air, can use both feet (quickly), has a good footballing brain and can score goals from nothing - He'll win Champions Leagues when he leaves here so let's get a good **** deal out of if shall we?!

Udinese rip people off - we should too.

• Like 3

We could just keep him for the length of his contract, and refuse all offers.

Even a dissatisfied Benteke would be better than most strikers we would be able to sign.

He might well feel some loyalty to us for giving him his break.

Also he might not want to damage his reputation by refusing to play.

He is so important to us, I think this might be an occasion where we should stand firm. 

I think Man City would be far more likely to either put a stone cold bid in for Austin or Bony and also be far more likely to get them than Benteke.

I don't think Benteke will leave Villa for a long time yet. No I haven't jinxed it.

Aston-Villa-v-Rotherham-Christian-Bentek

Billy Bowden Benteke.

• Like 3

Â