Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I am sorry but he is not Championship class. Hes a decent back up right back but hes not midfielder. Should have sold him when we had the chance. Why the hell did we sign Hourihane and not use him? Does my head in

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He is shit I agree but booing or cheering the celebration of a player being taken off? It's bloody pathetic and how does that help the team? 

He needs to be sold the breakdown between him and the fans I think is beyond repair now

I'm not suggesting it's ok or helpful for the crowd to get on the players or the managers case. Or the owners for that matter. But if British sports crowds are to be berated for sarcastic cheering I'm done. Many of my favourite memories from attending all kinds of sports are from those moments of humour from the crowd.

Are we also suppposed to get all concerned about the crowd groaning when a simple pass goes astray? The effect could be just as negative on the player and they'll still have minutes on the pitch. It's not his fault there was only 1 person in VP yesterday that thought Bacuna should be on the pitch and that that person was Bruce. But Bacuna's relationship with the VP faithful broke down a long time ago.

As I alluded to earlier though when 20,000 people are all frustrated with you and some of them express that through a cheer surely your reaction should be to wonder why that many people are holding the same opinion of you. I fear with Bacuna he truly believes he should/could be playing CL football and if he's going to bib about the crowd getting at him he doesn't seem to have the humility required to use criticism as constructively as he could.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Tina??

When a young staunch Villa fan Craig Gardner made his debut under David O'Leary  he was given the endorsement 'There is no alternative'.

He was then called Tina so much on here a word filter was put on Tina.

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's plenty of people who justify his inclusion because he "takes a good free kick". 

I've never seen anyone suggest he should be playing because he takes a good free kick.

He did have a pretty poor game yesterday but he wasn't helped in that second half by Lansbury who I thought had an absolute shocker of a half but unsurprisingly didn't get the same negative reactions from the crowd as Bacuna.

I think he is useful as a squad player but unfortunately the crowd reaction to him has reached a point where he needs to move on.

The reaction to his substitution was completely embarrassing imo. The manager and Terry go on and on about how the crowd can help over the season and that's how we respond. If I was Onomah I'd be seriously worried about the atmosphere at a club I'd just signed for. 

16 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I've never seen anyone suggest he should be playing because he takes a good free kick.

He did have a pretty poor game yesterday but he wasn't helped in that second half by Lansbury who I thought had an absolute shocker of a half but unsurprisingly didn't get the same negative reactions from the crowd as Bacuna.

I think he is useful as a squad player but unfortunately the crowd reaction to him has reached a point where he needs to move on.

The reaction to his substitution was completely embarrassing imo. The manager and Terry go on and on about how the crowd can help over the season and that's how we respond. If I was Onomah I'd be seriously worried about the atmosphere at a club I'd just signed for. 

Bacuna has himself to blame for the reaction towards him - no sympathy for him .

• Like 3

I don't agree with the Bacuna hate or the Bacuna love.  He is, IMO, a solid utility player.  Good to have on the bench because he gives so many options when you need options late in a game.  He can play reasonably well at many positions, but great at none.  Central midfield (IMO) is one of the positions he can play at which he is least adept.  It's not his fault that SB put him there. He did his usual "occasionally pretty good, but overall only marginally competent because he makes bad mistakes" job.  He should always be a sub.  And start only if required by injuries, and then only at right mid-field (maybe right back).

5 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I think we all agree he shouldn't be starting games though.

Yes, all except the experienced manager with 4 promotions, whose hands are tied, who had players he signed who could have played on the bench. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Bacuna has himself to blame for the reaction towards him - no sympathy for him .

I think you've largely missed the point. I feel little sympathy for him as I don't think he should be starting games.

However the reaction to his substitution is embarrassing and does more harm than good. It creates an atmosphere where players will fear to make mistakes and with it being the first competitive game at villa park for a number of players its ridiculous. 

Id also add the constant referring to Gabby as fatboy and the constant criticism of Bruce from a decent number of people in the Holte to a list of embarrassing ways to support your team.

I keep seeing people referred to as Bruce fans, Gabby lovers, Bacuna supporters etc. for not agreeing with the constant abuse of certain personnel around the club. I don't particularly want Bacuna playing but cheering his substitution is pathetic and makes our fans look silly imo. 

• Like 2

He can cover a lot of positions, but he's not really any good in any of them.

Rather we put on a RB if we need an RB, a CM if we need a CM, a RW if we need a RW and so on.

He's an utility player, but wherever you may utilize him he does a mediocre job at best.

Get rid.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I don't agree with the Bacuna hate or the Bacuna love.  He is, IMO, a solid utility player.  Good to have on the bench because he gives so many options when you need options late in a game.  He can play reasonably well at many positions, but great at none.  Central midfield (IMO) is one of the positions he can play at which he is least adept.  It's not his fault that SB put him there. He did his usual "occasionally pretty good, but overall only marginally competent because he makes bad mistakes" job.  He should always be a sub.  And start only if required by injuries, and then only at right mid-field (maybe right back).

There is NO BACUNA LOVE whatsoever.

• Like 2