Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Watching him yesterday whilst considering the fact that the club rejected a £1.5m bid made me think that even at 38, and a couple of stone overweight, it might not be too late. 

3 hours ago, sne said:

He can cover a lot of positions, but he's not really any good in any of them.

Rather we put on a RB if we need an RB, a CM if we need a CM, a RW if we need a RW and so on.

He's an utility player, but wherever you may utilize him he does a mediocre job at best.

Get rid.

Agreed, given we can have six, I think, outfield subs on the bench I don't think we actually need a so called 'utility'player. Particularly a poor one.

To be clear, I didn't see the game yesterday, so this isn't about yesterday. 

For me, the bottom line is that we will not get promoted from this division with this player in the team. He's just nowhere near the required standard (and he also seems like a knob as well). 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be clear, I didn't see the game yesterday, so this isn't about yesterday. 

For me, the bottom line is that we will not get promoted from this division with this player in the team. He's just nowhere near the required standard (and he also seems like a knob as well). 

Sums it up. 

He does nothing well, no technique, can't pass, has no positional sense or ability to read the game, what the **** does he do? Nothing is the answer, and how the hell he continues to be involved is totally beyond me and totally inept management. 

• Like 3

I winced when I saw him in the starting line up. 

The first half was obviously a decent team performance. Bacuna had decent "drive" in that he seemed to travel well with the ball and generally get the team on the front foot. That is something Hourihane doesn't do and I guess is one thing Bruce wanted and a possible reason for putting him in the team. Trouble is on 80% of occasions he'd run forward well and get us in a good position and then give the ball away cheaply. 

Second half was obviously a poor team performance. Gone was the drive but the cheap giving up of possession remained.

Every manager we have (and I'm sure every team) seems to make certain selections regularly which are unfathamable to those that watch the team week in week out. Bacuna is the latest. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Derryvillan said:

When a young staunch Villa fan Craig Gardner made his debut under David O'Leary  he was given the endorsement 'There is no alternative'.

He was then called Tina so much on here a word filter was put on Tina.

Tina was Peter Whittingham I think?

I don't think he's very good but I don't know why people are calling into question his attitude.  Is this all stemming from him being photographed on a sun lounger once?

Edited by Wainy316

People posting on twitter and facebook that he handed in a transfer request for how badly he was treated after yesterday.

Bye Bacuna. You won't be missed. You are a nothing player. What Bruce sees in you is beyond me. I'd rather see Lyden out there because at least we know Lyden would put a shift in. 

• Like 3

The hate has got way out of hand, most of our midfield had a shocker at least at some point in the 90mins on Sat.

I would prefer Conor or Bjork any day over Bacuna but there is little point making him the scape goat, it's just over the top and does no one any good.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

The hate has got way out of hand, most of our midfield had a shocker at least at some point in the 90mins on Sat.

I would prefer Conor or Bjork any day over Bacuna but there is little point making him the scape goat, it's just over the top and does no one any good.

I don't hate Bacuna, nor would I condone booing him or ironically cheering him off the pitch which our supporters have done to him, but I do think Bacuna is just an average to below average player even for the championship. If we want to get promoted, Bacuna can't be one of the mainstays in our line-up. 

Nothing against Bacuna, but I want us to do better than what he offers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

Depends on which Bjork turns up. Either the one with the attitude of an Army Of Me, or the one who Plays Dead.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not really surprising tbh for the best

Screenshot_20170807-072954.png

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this.

In my opinion, he is not one of our better performers for us. He has played well a few games, but the majority of times he has been pretty bad for us. Even the game when he stupidly pushed the linesman last season, he was playing well up to then, and several considered making him MOTM if it wasn't for that idiotic moment. He has also said some stupid things, like deserving to be in a Champions League team. I am not sorry to see him go, but I wish it was for different reasons and circumstances.

I remember the video of the fans confronting the players as they got on the bus after playing Wycombe 2 seasons ago. Bacuna was singled out, and his response was to give a smile back before hopping on the bus. Are we, as fans, becoming a negative influence on our own players? The power of the fans is never to be underestimated. While some players are at clubs for 10 plus years, others until their contracts are up, or leave as soon as " something better" is offered, the fan is with the club until their heart stops. Nobody loves a club more than a fan, even more so than the owner. The fan, in their enmasse, can lift average players to perform like they are gods. When a player is encouraged by the fans, they feel a little less mercenary, and want to do more for the club. Also, it feels good when a large group of people are cheering you on. Unfortunately, there is a flip side. Fans can also break players. It is also catalytic. The players bond between themselves. If the fans don't like a player, who are the other players going to support, the player or the fans? When Craig Gardner said those things last season about Villa, he came across as an utter bell end. We knew what Villa had done for him to have a football career, and nobody knew better than that than Craig Gardner. He came across as an idiotic ungrateful prick, but, after reading what he said, could you not help liking his brother Gary a little bit?

I hope Bacuna gets his move. I agree it is best for him, and especially for us.